Heater not working | FerrariChat

Heater not working

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by twoferraristom, Nov 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. twoferraristom

Apr 2, 2004
    Driving home last night I discovered that my heater was not heating . The AC works fine. The fan works fine , just no heat. Where is the heater valve located ? Any other tips? Where could I find a repair manual or CD ? Any info would be appreciated.

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    How about giving year/make/model?

3. twoferraristom

Apr 2, 2004
    Oops! The car is a 1995 355 GTB. Thank You!

4. twoferraristom

Apr 2, 2004
    No need to reply. It appears that the STOP button controls the climate control. It must be in the upper or RUN position for the AC and/ or heater to operate. I thought the OFF button just turned the AC compressor off . I was wrong. Oh well, it was fun pulling the trunk liner out and seeing all of the hidden
    pieces under it.
    Once again, I could sure use an owners manual. Anybody know where I could find one? It would be nice to have a list of all of the fuses and relays.
    Thanks Again,
    Tom

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
  6. For what it's worth, the owners manual is somewhat confusing as well. I never liked pushing the "Stop" button to turn on the AC!!! I also don't like pushing the "Stop" button to turn the heater on!!! Go figure. At least if the heater or AC is already on, it's easy to figure out how to "Stop" it! -JC

7. KurtK328

KurtK328 Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2001
    Villeneuve-Loubet, France
    Full Name:
    Kurt Kjelgaard
    Maybe Ferrari learned from Microsoft - when you want to stop Windows you have to push the start button!!!

8. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    er...you don't push stop to turn A/C or anything else on! Come on, even ferrari aren't that crafty. Don't confuse the "recirc" button with stop.

Stop does what it says....everything stops...no A/C, no heat. A/C works with or without recirc, but it works best if using recirc as it re cools the cool air as opposed to cooling fresh air.

9. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    That's not the STOP button - its the Set To On Position button ;)

10. Too funny!!! :)