Let's talk about Patek Philippe Aquanaut!!! | FerrariChat

Let's talk about Patek Philippe Aquanaut!!!

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by ferrariKP, Nov 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I'm looking for model 5065a. What you guys think: is it overpriced watch?. It is about 10K on ebay. That's for automatic watch with steel body and rubber band. Heard that it's still on production but with very small supply. Then its price went rocket high. I would like to hear you comments prior to making a decision. Appreciated all reply! Thanks!

2. rennen

rennen Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    New York
    I have one that I recieved for my 21st birthday, 5 years ago. I don't think that there have been any changes since then. It is probably the most comfortable watch I've ever worn. I always liked the fact that it is very understated, very few people know what it is. You don't see them around either, I think I've seen one other person wearing one. Has always been reliable, no problems. I could not really comment on accuracy, I don't wear it everyday. Usually about two days of power reserve. I think that they will hold their value well, I see 4 and 5 year old ones now for the same price we paid years ago. If you have any other questions let me know. Hope I was of some help.

3. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I think Patek watches are far and away the best in the world...but they are rather expensive. Of course you can get a fake for $10 from a street vendor in New York... :p

4. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    I had 3 Aquanauts. The first being the 5060 the original with no see thru back. And I also had two 5065 rubber straps. The thing about the Auqanauts and the Nautilus is that they scratch easily. So watch out for hairlines on the brushed surface.

Consider the Jumbo Nautilus with power reserve. Thats a nice watch in the same family.

5. dprestine

dprestine Rookie

May 8, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I have several Pateks and view them to be among the finest watches available. Notwithstanding the foregoing, had a bad experience with the 5065/1A. Purchased same when it first came out with the Saphire back and both SS + rubber strap packaged together as gift for my son. Watch would simply stop running for no apparant reason. Returned to Patek for repair twice. Problem never corrected. Requested an exchange. In their usual arrogance, request was denied. Wound up selling the watch as used. Despite this experience, my experiences with watches for both myself and my wife have been quite satisfactory. Cannot explain why this occured for the base movement for the 5065 is used successfully in other models. May have been an eccentricity novel to this particular unit. Annoying that Patek would not better accommodate a repeat customer and remains an issue whenever I consider another new watch.

6. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Does anybody has a pic of this 5065 and 5060??