Drive your car on Lowes Motor Speedway!! | FerrariChat

Drive your car on Lowes Motor Speedway!!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by 360 Spyder, Oct 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Okay folks...I told you I would pass on the information as I got it. Well...today, I heard that this event should take place around the first weekend in December! The other details I heard was that for every $50 (I think) you spend at the trailers, you get two full laps.

More info to come as I hear it so you may not want to winter up the Ferrari just yet guys and gals!

2. budman

budman Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Buddy Delaney
    Would love to do it.Please keep us posted. Buddy

3. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    A cut-and-paste from the board I have been finding this info from...

This year I sure hope the weather co-operates. Last year we had a great time in the rain but had to run our track laps under caution.....or was it cautiously! We did a little slipping and sliding but kept our cars off the wall.
    You get to take your personal vechicle out on the track for two laps for every $50 you spend. Getting more laps is pretty easy as there are lots of people buying but not driving. I picked up 6 laps without spending a dime. People are more than willing to give you their dots($10 value each..5 per card to drive)if you ask nicely. You do have to sign a waiver before heading out to the track.

Once you get out on the track, they line you up 2 by 2 and 10 deep. Then you follow an official pace car out on the track. Only twenty cars are allowed out at a time. You pretty much can drive as you want but just don't pass the pace car. He's doing about 110mph or so. We got close a couple times but never did catch him. And 24 degrees of banking is really cool if you ride the high groove and drop to the inside coming out of the turns. Just watch out for the other guys.... normal mirrors aren't much help in the turns.

So...let's see some Ferrari's out there this year!!

4. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    More info and a contact number...
    Holiday Shoppers Race to the Day-After-Thanksgiving Souvenir Blow-Out at Lowe's Motor Speedway: Holiday shoppers with NASCAR fans on their lists will find the ultimate gifts and stocking stuffers, some priced as low as $1, during Lowe's Motor Speedway's gigantic Souvenir Blow-Out Friday, Nov. 26. The 12th annual day-after-Thanksgiving event, which runs from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., offers those spending $50 or more the opportunity to drive their personal vehicle two laps around the legendary 1.5-mile superspeedway. This yearly opportunity puts fans in the tire tracks of Jimmie Johnson who dominated NASCAR NEXTEL Cup racing this season at Lowe's Motor Speedway, winning May's Coca-Cola 600 and the UAW-GM Quality 500 in October. In addition to numerous track souvenirs, Lowe's Motor Speedway offers a wide selection of driver apparel along with memorabilia from the inaugural Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup. Numerous SpongeBob SquarePants souvenirs produced in conjunction with The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 300 will also be available. Prices during the Souvenir Blow-Out will start at just $1 with T-shirts selling for as little as $3. As part of this annual shopping extravaganza, NASCAR souvenir rigs will blanket the track's front entrance offering drastically reduced prices on a wide variety of memorabilia, T-shirts, hats, posters and die-cast cars. Over two dozen vendors featuring merchandise from top NASCAR NEXTEL Cup drivers are expected. For information concerning the Nov. 26 Souvenir Blow-Out at Lowe's Motor Speedway, contact SMI Properties at (704) 455-3235.
    - LMS PR

So...how many Ferrari's will I see out there?!

5. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

are the laps using the road course or just the bamking?
    i wont be able to bring the 512 bbi but i may bring my 930 turbo. let me know if there are further details

best, peter

6. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I assume this is the oval, and the raod course is not included, but it still should be fun.

Can the CAFE club meet there, or is this too close to Thanksging? There are plenty of resturaunts around, including Hooters.