348 SPIDER TUBI FITTED - LOUD!!!!!!! | FerrariChat

348 SPIDER TUBI FITTED - LOUD!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kenyon, Nov 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Guys, YesterdayI fitted my Tubi on my 348 Spider what a difference.

My other sports exhaust sounds lounder on idle and has a more V8 sound.

BUT,

The TUBI sounds awesome when you open the car up. That is pure F1 noise. I catually think the 348 sounds better the 355. More hardcore some how.

I got pulled by the Police last night for noise. Actually they thought I was racing when they saw me on the oposite side of the carriage way (Cops where travelling down the opposite carriage way). They actually turned around to get me because they could hear my exhaust.

I was doing 30mph to 40mph in 60mph in Second to hear the noise......

They had a look under the engine bay. They asked if the car was different from the standard car, "No officer its catted can you see where the LAN sensors and thermal couplings are screwed into the spool pieces". "they are small cats arent they officer". The exhaust is standard, the car is LHD from Germany, but passed inspection at the DVLA in the UK.

They just looked around the car. I actually revved it again at stand still so they could hear the exhaust. They actually said "keep to the Grand prix circuits and not on the public highway".

They were going to noise test the car but could not get hold of a other response car that had the equipment for testing motor bikes.

I got a warning and went slowly away....

Thanks officer.

I am not sure if they were bullsh@tting about whole thing. Maybe a bit jealous.

2. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G

2nd gear at 60 mph? What's wrong with 1st? :D

348 does sound better than a 355 apparently. Congratulations on acquiring such a beast.

I've always wondered what I would say if I got stopped by the cops. I now have a perfect script thank you :)

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    do you have 2 cars with tubis on

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Nice 1 , Justin. Sound of decat Tubi on a 348 is awesome.
    PS- was there a waiting list for the exhaust?

5. polartech

polartech Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Geoff
    Interesting. I`ve not actually been stopped yet but had quite a few menacing looks from the boys in blue. I normally drop into top as soon as I see them and chug past whistling innocently... I think it`s a matter of time before they do the same to me though.

Has anybody actually been done with these exhausts on??

So he was actually telling you not to drive it on the public highway without having tested anything? Sounds a bit dodgy to me guvnor...

6. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Nice one Justin.

Is there actually a legal limit for noise for the road ?

Rick

7. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    On the TUBI it actually says 'Competition Use Only'.
    Just like on the motorbikes that have race cans on (exhaust).I do believe their is a noise limit on roads. Not sure what it is, but bikers usually get fine for the noise.

The good thing is my 348 is LHD and when I had to fill in the UK docs for registration in UK the previous owner had finialised most of the paperwork with Maranello and stated non-cat. So when the V5 arrived for the car its actually stated non-cat and so the final inspection papers from DVLA inspector that looked over the car put non-cat and signed, stamp, dated the offical import document. What a nice man. I am totally legal.....

Anyway the test pipes do look like small tubulr cats and not many people have actually looked under bonnet of a Ferrari and know what is what. !!!"!"!!

I went to the races yetersday in Staffoldshire. The amount of drivers that put their windows down so they can here the exhaust is so great.

I want the entire british motorway to be Tunnel. What a sound soooooooooo awesome...... The best noise.

The only problem now is that everytime I go out in it early or arrive home late when my daughter (7 months) is sleeping calmly, just wakes up to the sound of the exhaust. I have to leave the engine switch off and push in or out of the drive way.

I believe their was/is a waiting list for the TUBI exhaust. The italians are slow at doing anything, oh except when driving.

Steve F, I only have one Ferrari, wish I could have another especially 550 with 4 seats.
    Saw one at the races yesterday Reg 'URG', blue colour nice...

The car is 100% better and feels quicker. Just need to break the exhaust in a bit more to get it even louder over time....

8. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    There must be some guidelines they follow, but they way they apply it seems to be down to circumstances and common sense.

When I got pulled over for noise, they stated it was because it was late at night and in a built up area.
    Ade

9. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Is this the same config as AndyHls then?

10. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    Great to hear...IMO the 348 has the best sounding tubi on it of all f-cars..closely followed by the 355...

Enjoy!

11. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    See, that's the difference between us and Justin... we see a policeman and lift off - Justin sees a policeman and boots it (LOL!)

I have to say, on the way back from a pub lunch yesterday with some of the TVR guys, we had a spirited run back down some open A roads and I was following two Tamoras. Now they are loud... but honestly, I could hardly hear them even when they were on full throttle, over the sound of mine!