OPINIONS ON 612 MODULARS | FerrariChat

OPINIONS ON 612 MODULARS

Discussion in '612/599' started by F2003-GA, Oct 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #1 F2003-GA, Oct 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Those rims are a bit too flashy for the overall Scaglietti-look. They look somewhat out of place.

3. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Wait until you see it in the flesh. Although I must say Argento is the best color I've seen on the 612. Those modulars might work well with some colors but not with other. In some shots, the standard rims look to reserved but in all the live shots, live meaning outdoors, the standard rims look superb.

Forza,

Cavallini

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    The more I look at these the more they grow on me. My dealer wants to place the specs for build so I got to decide
    asap.I would appreciate any more opinions. THANKS

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I dont love either. I love the Scag but i think the wheels are its weakest point. I wonder how it would look with the 575 Modulars ?

What color are you going for ?

6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I was originally thinking of going black but I changed my mind to Alloy grigio with crema and medium blue seat inserts and blue stiching.

7. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Don't like the modulars pictured above. Not "sharp" enough. Go with standard.

8. Annaloro

Annaloro Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    XXX
    Full Name:
    XXX
    I believe that Ferrari almost succeded with the wheels. The pattern is great and they look awsome, however they are too small for the car. (Im not talking like 22inch rapper wheels) however with the cars body shape and the larger wheel wells, a solid 19 inch rim might look really good and give the car a much more agressive and less weak look.

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

A little too "jazzy" for the car imo. They seem to suit the 575's etc. I like rims in a gun metal if you're going to do it, but of course they look better with a brighter color. The interior you describe will be hard to keep clean and will possibly turn off buyers when you go to sell it some day. But heck, it's your car and $250+K so do what works for you :)

10. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    I like um, they add a touch of aggressive-ness to a classy car.

11. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #11 Sfumato, Nov 14, 2004
  12. Annaloro

Annaloro Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    XXX
    Full Name:
    XXX
    That is exactly the look i was referring to in my last post. The car looks 100X better than ever. Wow. The 612 now just jumped up acouple notches.

13. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    I ordered them, and am pleased with the look. Haven't seen my car in person yet, but will finally get to pick it up end of next week. Here's a shot the dealer took for me.

14. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Wow, that burgandy looks great with those wheels. The more I see the 612 the more I like it!

15. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

I think the stock wheels are 19". It's a big car.

Forza,

Cavallini

16. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I really liked the bling bling wheels on that Titanio Grigio 612 at SEMA, WOW. I think the car needs some bling for its size. I wonder what diameter they are? 20s would be easy to fit.

17. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    #17 damcgee, Nov 14, 2004
    Here is a quick and dirty photoshop of the 612 with the 575's modulars in about a 19 or so inch fitment (rough because I scaled them)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

My god that Burgundy is gorgeous! Every time I see "live" shots of the 612 it looks better and better.

Many thanks,

Cavallini

19. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick

I feel the same way.

20. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Those rims would be nice IF they did not shine and "bling." Some shapes, and I would argue every Ferrari, and Lambo for that matter, do not need "bling." They already shine. Not to say that I haven't seen a few "bling" specimens on Ferraris and Lambos that looked very good. The same could be said of some strippers and other women who wear too much of some things and too little of others....interesting, in passing, but not something to add to the stables.
    Cadillac Escalades and other things, however, need to "bling." Somehow, it fits them.
    I recognize, of course, that the idea of "too much" is often difficult for us in America to understand.

Forza,

Cavallini

21. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    LOL! It is indeed a far-out ideal.

22. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Thanks for all the responses I have decided to add them to my order with aluminum calipers.They do look a little flashy but so is the color combo I picked. Can't wait to get the 612.

23. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    What color and combo did you choose?

Forza,

Cavallini

24. Annaloro

Annaloro Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    XXX
    Full Name:
    XXX
    Okay,

In my opinion, the 612 looks much, much better with some really aggressive, larger rims, like the ones on the pictured on the silver 612 at the SEMA show. But, I realized something when looking at those pictures.

Ferrari has a history of being a rare, super exotic, eye catching, dream machine, and you don’t have to know Ferraris very well, to spot the silhouette a mile away. You see it coming, and you instantly know what it is.

When I first saw the pictures of the silver 612 pictures at SEMA, I instantly thought of an Infiniti G35 Coupe. It looks sooooo much like one, especially with aftermarket rims, that it fooled myself; someone who has known everything about Ferrari for the last 20 years. Ferraris should not need aftermarket rims to set it apart and make it look aggressive. The 612 should not look like Infiniti/Nissan’s bigger brother.

Thank god for the upcoming F430, it embodies what Ferrari truly is and what it should be; its history, its mystique and its racing /extreme/exotic nature.

Is it just me???

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I picked grigio alloy,crema interior with medium blue daytona inserts medium blue stiching and crema dash.Also included modular wheels with aluminum brake calipers. I plan to install Tubi's when the 612 arrives in late jan.Will post pic's on arrival.