FCA-NC End-of-Year Blowout Recap (31 pix) | FerrariChat

FCA-NC End-of-Year Blowout Recap (31 pix)

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Ricambi America, Nov 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#1 Ricambi America, Nov 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Jim H
    Great pics Daniel! Looks like a fabulous time was had by all. Those "vintage" models are spectacular, and the "family portrait" shots outside Sports Leicht are nice.

Have any interesting rally stories to tell? :)

Thanks

3. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Although I'm not supposed to "kiss and tell"..... screw that:

My "Top 10" Moments in the Sandhills Rally:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    10. Deciding NOT to pull donuts in my 348 in front of Sports Leicht because everyone already appeared horrified at a 4-wheeling Ferrari.

9. Handing 10 sets of Ferrari keys to the valet at Pinehurst.

8. Watching Eddie in his 1-day old 360 Modena FLY past the turnoff spots because, "I came here to DRIVE, not play scavenger hunt"

7. Passing Bob's 348 three times in the same hour because of a "missing briefcase"

6. A friendly chat with 3 "scruffy dudes" near the Devil's Tramping Ground. Yes, that's really the name...

5. Seeing Bryan G. and his stunning 360 again.

4. Finding a 66 Supersport buried in an outbuilding near the pottery shack.

3. Wondering WTF?! How did David and Kevin get back to Chapel Hill in the 355 so quickly? Marty's and his 355 have some explaining too...

2. Drooling over EVERYTHING at Bjorn's shop.

and the #1 Moment of the Sandhills Rally?

#1. Spending 36 hours surrounded by friends and Ferraris.

4. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Looks like a great time. I really wish I could have made it down for the event, looks like you guys had a blast!! Nice pictures Dan, you should have done donuts!!

5. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Picture #5... the potential donut zone

6. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Awesome turn out Daniel!!!! Looks like you and Bob did a wonderful job of getting people there.

7. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Too cool -- any left over?

It looks like a FABULOUS event -- congrats to those who put it together and helped make it happen.

Mike

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Sorry I couldn't make it, looks like a swell event. Maybe we need to do something like that here in Georgia!

9. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Daniel,

Spectacular turnout, and pictures look great. Glad you guys had plenty of fun. :) Is there a way to identify some F chatters in the pics? Would be nice to put a name to some of the faces.

Also is the red boxter in pics 5 & 6 think, that we won't be able to tell its not a Ferrari? ;) :D

Ahem, and could you post more/identify the lusty blonde in pics 28 & 29 please? :D

10. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

See pix 10. For the first portion of the rally, her husband was driving that gorgeous 360, and I had a reasonable chance of keeping pace. (Mind you, a 360 seems to catapult rocks rearward so strongly that I held back a few feet to "save" my car) After our stop at Alston House (http://www.ah.dcr.state.nc.us/sections/hs/horsesho/horsesho.htm) she took over the driving -- and wasn't afraid to "lay the hammer". There's not much a measly 348 can do at that point.

Doubtful. Bob swore the potter to secrecy. After the last one was fired, Bob smashed the kiln, broke the molds, burned the blueprints and engineering specifications for those plates. It's a limited edition -- likely never to be available from the Franklin Mint. In all seriousness, other "goodies" were awarded too:

* Rally winner #1: DVD's of "50 Years of Ferrari", donated by Bryan G. at the Oak Tree Pro Shop from VIR. http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134483944#post134483944

* Rally winner #2: Tons of Ferrari merchandise donated by Perry Wealth Management of Wachovia Securities

* Concourse winners: similarly cool handmade coffee mugs from a NC potter, with the prancing Cavallino and "FCA-NC" emblazoned on the handle. Not your standard "SpeedGear" item.

11. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Here are a few more pictures from this event. I'll have even more pictures along with descriptions at www.fca-nc.com in a day or two.

Bob

12. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    What is this driving and 360 you speak of? I was only talking about the woman ;) :D

13. ferrarisforme

ferrarisforme Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Chapel Hill NC 27514
    Full Name:
    Bryan Guarnieri
    This was by far the best car related event I have ever had the pleasure of attending. Being an active member in a number of owners clubs and enthusiasts clubs for other marques I must say the passion and time which Bob and Daniel devoted to organizing this event for the Ferrari Club is unsurpassed. Thank you guys for a wonderful weekend! I will always treasure the memories and look forward to attending many more events next year with the Ferrari Club.

14. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Bryan -

I'm really glad you were able to join us!! There are plenty of events on tap for next year -- Bob must have a filing cabinet with thousands of rally routes and cool places to visit.

In addition to Kershaw (March), and VIR (May), I'm hoping to do another Bermuda Run event (May or June). During F1 season we should have plenty of viewings/luncheons/rally type events. So even if you're not an F1 fan, there's stuff to do after the race.

Personally, I'd like to do another overnight trip in June or July -- this time to the mountains where we'd stay at Biltmore, Grove Park, or the Richmond Hill Inn. It's a haul for the RDU-area people, but it's such a beautiful area.

Forza Ferrari !

-Daniel

15. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Nice pics guys!