Last Thing I Need... | FerrariChat

Last Thing I Need...

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ScuderiaRossa, Nov 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Arthroscopic knee surgery! Can anyone recommend a good surgeon in NY/NJ? Thanks.

2. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Len I will check for you, my wife works in a hospital in the physical therapy department, her director will be having it done in 3 months and she would only want the best.

Are there any insurance considerations?

3. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Hi Dave,

How have you been?

I?m covered with United Healthcare. Thanks for replying. Len

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Sorry to hear about this. Good luck with everything.

5. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Len - I feel for you bro!!! I fu&*cked up my knee back in '97. Complete ACL tear and lots of meniscus torn. The meniscus had to be removed. Rehab is a beyatch... You will have to bend your knee more than 90 degrees within 2 weeks following surgery. I had the most trouble with doing that, but did it!! I used Dr. George McGuiness in Stamford Connecticut. His work is still holding up, but crackles and snaps on cold raw days...
    BEST OF LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!!!! - Hutch

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Len,

I wish you the best of luck with this! Good to see you in here but I'd rather it be under better circumstances!

7. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Thanks guys. No ACL tear, just the meniscus; and a bone fragment. Hopefully they won't have to remove the meniscus. Definitely want to get a second opinion though. Not sure which is more difficult, finding a mechanic for my cars, or a surgeon for myself!

8. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Last year I had a ski injury (slight PCL damage and a crack to the tibia when some guy on a snowboard in Argentina slammed into me going crazy fast - fortunately it turned out not to require any surgery or particularly special treatment).

Anyway, a Stanford connection suggested Dr. Scott Rodeo at the Hospital for Special Surgery up on the East Side (http://www.hss.edu/Physicians/Profiles/Rodeo-Scott). He diagnoses a lot of sport-related knee and joint damage, and is the doctor for some sports teams, olympic teams, etc. Since my injury was from skiing, I wanted someone who understood sports injuries and chose him. That said, his practice is by no means limited to sports-related stuff...

I was very impressed with his knowledge, thoroughness, responsiveness, etc. and even though I ended up not having to have anything done I would have been confident in his work either way.

Good luck. Knee injuries suck.

9. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    since jeff was talking about the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS), one of my ex's works at HSS. It's supposed to be the BEST hospital overall in nyc for surgery procedures. wouldnt be a bad thing if u got checked out there zen