Another UK citizen executed. | FerrariChat

Another UK citizen executed.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Fan512bbi, Nov 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    The husband of Iraqi aid worker Margaret Hassan has said she may have been killed by her kidnappers, citing video tape evidence.

Tahseen Hassan said: "I have been told that there is a video of Margaret which appears to show her murder. The video may be genuine but I do not know."

Mrs Hassan's sisters said in a statement: "Our hearts are broken. We have kept hoping for as long as we could, but we now have to accept that Margaret has probably gone and at last her suffering has ended.

"Our prayers and thoughts are with our dear brother-in-law Tahseen."

The British Embassy in Baghdad has reportedly confirmed that the video showed her death.

Care International said they were "shocked" to hear of Mrs Hassan's death and that the whole organisation was in mourning.

It said: "It is with profound sadness that we have learnt of the existence of a video in which it appears that our colleague Margaret Hassan has been killed.

"We are shocked and appalled that this has been the apparent outcome of her abduction. We want to express our deepest sympathy to Mrs Hassan's husband Tahseen, and to her family.

"Mrs Hassan was an extraordinary woman who dedicated her life to the poor and disadvantaged in Iraq, particularly the children. The whole of Care is in mourning.

"Through her courage, tenacity and commitment, Mrs Hassan assisted more than 17 million Iraqis living in the most difficult of circumstances. Everyone who met her was touched by her personality and compassion.

"Care sincerely thanks the Iraqi people for everything they did to try to secure the safe return of Margaret Hassan and for the many expressions of support."

2. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    R.I.P. Margaret

3. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Realy P**s me of!! Funny how not much fuss by the good old british public was made about her abduction/ordeal, not nearly as much as ken,i wonder why mmm.......oh i know her husband was an Iraq wasnt he, Sh*t.

4. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    To tell you the truth mate when Margaret was abducted i was not that worried the reasons being 1. she was not abducted by the same group that abducted Ken. 2. videos released of Margaret showed that she was being reasonably well cared for. 3. the group that abducted her talked openly about releasing her, i honestly thought that the next i heard about Margaret was her release by her captors and i think that a lot of people in the UK thought the same.

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Truly awful. The poor woman had lived in Iraq for years, was married to an Iraqi and was helping the country get back on its feet. Shame on her heartless killers.

6. OmegaSteve

OmegaSteve Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I don't think it had anything to do with her husbands nationality, maybe the press and media realised that by continuously going on about the kidnaps and showing reports and interviews of extremely distressed family and friends, and airing their videos they were in fact giving the kidnappers the publicity and propoganda they crave. As much as I feel anger and sorrow at the way these 'people' behave, I don't want it rammed down my throat 24hrs a day for the sake of media sensatialism.

My heart goes out to all her family and friends, but let them grieve in peace, if it is confirmed.

7. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

and there is hell on when an american kills an insurgent in a mosque. my heart goes out to the lady's family

8. 355BOY

355BOY Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    the North
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This is simply about the muslim fundamentalist idea of getting all 'kaffirs' off their soil.

So the arabian peninsula can become a truly 'pure' state based on sharia law.

This was the law favoured by the Taliban in Afganistan!!!

NICE

If anything women would be seen as nothing to these people.

for much more in depth information about this whole situation take a look at this website, or better still buy the book.

http://www.terrortracker.co.uk

Neil Doyle was the journalist who finally got another fundamentalist Abu Hamza locked up in Belmarsh.

9. collette 512bbi

collette 512bbi Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Collette
    I hope she rest's in peace and my sympathies go to her family. Margaret did not deserve this. In fact none of them deserved it. I guess some would say wrong place at wrong time, I don't know.

10. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I think this was deliberate- Ken Bigley's fate became such a public affair that the terrorists had the upper hand. By making less of a public deal of Margaret Hassan's fate, I suspect negotiators hoped that this would remove power from the terrorists.

My thoughts are with Margaret's family and indeed everyone who has been touched by this cursed and unwarranted conflict.

Robert.

11. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    of all the senseless killings this probably takes the biscuit. This is a lady who spent thirty years helping the poor and needy in a country that most countries had written off. It's like they bit the hand that fed them! Shame on them, I wonder what the muslim punishment for this would be?