Corporate Ferrari showroom in NYC | FerrariChat

Corporate Ferrari showroom in NYC

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by F SPIDER, Nov 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    The new Ferrari corporate showroom is open. I just went there for a private showing. See the NY section for details.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    WE WANT PICTURES!

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I went and saw the showroom as well. One of the highlights was the fact that they had the 575 SuperAmerica, which is the next "big thing" from Ferrari, and will be officially unveiled in January 2005 in Detroit. It is a magnificent vehicle, and I wrote up a small piece for the benefit of the EC Crew here.

4. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    No cameras allowed.

5. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    I'm an expatrate Californian living in DC: no hope for "EC Crew" status, so I'll post here.

A very modern, sparely decorated space, on the corner of Park and 55th. Not nearly as large as the Mercedes showroom across the street. The walls are frosted glass over a white plastic(?); lighting from bright spots; a conference room. Furnishings include a GranSport, Quattroporte, 575 and 612. A few boutique items line the windows; a small red bag caught and held my wife's eye for a while. An enormous, wall sized photo of a one-two F1 finish, Scumacher taking the checkered flag acknowledging the crewmembers who line the fence. A great display of Ferrari paint and leather samples: each color is displayed on what looks like the tip of an F1 car's nose; the leather samples are blanket sized, and hang on hooks near the colors. Pozzi blue & cuio w/yellow calipers on our 430?

The SuperAmerica seems to have moved towards production form since Pebble Beach. The photos posted here, showing the top hinged on big silver Cavallino hubcaps, have nothing to do with the SuperAmerica. If you're a Maranello fan, IMO this is your car. Just a few thoughts: the trunk seems to work easily, even with the top open. The transformation from "spider" to coupe is quick, though I didn't time it. It's like nothing else on the market - at least that I've seen - and it's great to see Ferrari taking chances. Some Maranello fans may not like the unconventional hinged top, but I love it. We'll see about production numbers and pricing.

6. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    FYI, the space that the Mercedes dealer occupies was designed by one Frank Lloyd Wright.

7. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Is a terrible photo also worth a thousand words?

8. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    No 430, no 360, only V12 Ferraris

9. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    And, was designed by Wright for Max Hoffman, a man to whom we all owe credit as an importer of European vehicles; Wright's fee, as i recall, was a 300sl (gullwing), and Wright also designed a home for Hoffman in Rye, New York. I guess i'll have to call FNA and place my order; black, please. And yes, iM @ pLAYa.

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    That's a great photo Will. From what I understand, the 575 SA has shipped back home. Not coincidentally, the showroom opens to the public tomorrow (Friday). Next time it will be stateside will be at its official unveiling in Detroit in January 2005.

11. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    is there something wrong with that :D

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    They had the Maserati GranSport.

: shrugs :

13. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Great info whart, thanks

14. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    From the picture it looks like they have merchandise (apparel) hanging on the walls? Does anyone know what they have there and if they are selling them?

Theo

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    No cameras allowed ?? ****ing ****s !

16. F40Lover

F40Lover Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    This message will self destruct after 500 postings. What I am about to tell all F Chat members is that there is a violation occuring in NYC. The new Corporate Ferrari Showroom is not allowing cameras. This will not be tolerated. Therefore from this day forward we will descend upon this dealership armed with cell phones with cameras in them and begin Operation Camera. We will take as many photos as possible and post them in Fchat. We will all purchase special Ferrari Sunglasses equiped with video cameras in the arms and take as much footage as possible of the staff telling us why cameras are not allowed. This we will sell to the New York Times for the purchase price a a V12 Ferrari at full retail. We will them descend on said dealership and demand a discount for cash. IF no discount is given we will proceed to drive a New York Cab into the dealership and offer the cab as a downpayment in lieu of cash. This mesage is to be passed on to all F Chat members regardless of their location. You have 30 seconds to comply.

17. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I hate when Ferrari farts higher than its arse.

18. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    FwErfFF!