Meguires NXT rocks! Anyone try it? | FerrariChat

Meguires NXT rocks! Anyone try it?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by tubeguy, Nov 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    If I have a clay bar done my paint feels really nice. A light wax with NXT and wow...fantastic feel to the paint. Is is fantastic.

I an not sure how well it cleans or removes junk like my regular Meguires Car Cleaner Wax I use. I will find out soon. But this NXT stuff is winderful.

2. Mystical

Mystical Rookie

Nov 16, 2004
    Orlando, FL
  3. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    I heard good things about it also, I use Zaino now, so I tried it on my Jeep first. Looks great but doesn't last long at all. I'll stick with Zaino.

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#4 Ricambi America, Nov 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    EXCELLENT!!! I've been loving NXT for several months now on my black 348. I think it's outstanding stuff. Make sure to remove it with a microfiber cloth, and you'll just be amazed at the results. Black is an extremely hard color to work with -- swirls are easy to create and every little imperfection is visible. With NXT, it's a breeze to get an outstanding finish.

Beware: the durability is quite poor -- it only lasts a few weeks if the car is stored outside and driven in "full weather". Since my car is garaged, covered, and usually only driven in favorable conditions, I've had outstanding results.

Spread the word... there's a new sheriff in town !

-Daniel
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    I use the wax and vinyl protectant on everything now. The gloss seems to be a bit deeper than any of the non-"high end" waxes (Zaino....etc). The protectant is real nice on the interior and expecially your outer rubber (tires..etc). Gives a "new" flat look versus that obvious shiney gloss.

Bob

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I too used NXT, Zymol or Zaino until I received my order for Swissol Scuderia. It makes those products look like dirt! Try it..you'll like it. www.swissol.com

7. cforg308

cforg308 Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Stroudsburg PA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I use meguires products and I want to know if anyone has used the swirl remover. I have a few swirls on the hood of my 78 308 gts. Any suggestions?

8. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    I like bold comments like that, wanna explain exactly what you mean?

Thanks!
    Wes

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Swissol Scuderia is $119 per 200ml. I'm all ears about this one....

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I just starting using it on my Boxer last month. It gave the paint such a deep shine, I will never use anything else. If fact, at the FFQC concours last Saturday I had several owners of "high-dollar" cars ask me what kind of wax I used because they were so impressed with the shine. While it seems a little pricey, you use so little to cover the car even if I wax my car 5-6 times a year one can will still last me 2-3 years. So, $35.00 per year for wax ain't that bad. Order some and see what you think. By the way, their Leather Healer does a great job too.

11. Fcarfan

Fcarfan Rookie

Oct 6, 2004
    East Falls-Philly
    Full Name:
    Perry Tishgart
    FYi,
    NXT is the same as Rejex.
    http://www.corrosionx.com
    The porsche guys "discovered" rejex about 9 months ago. The product was developed for military applications, to prevent corrosion on all sorts of things. It is sold as corrosion X. the rejex has something added to produce the shine.
    i've used it on all sorts of things..stainless steel appliances, glass (inside and out), wheels, dash parts,countertops, etc. Fingerprints don't show, and nothing really sticks to it.
    the instructions on Rejex ask that you remove all prior wax with a good dawn dish washing liquid wash, and then let the product cure, inside overnight after application.
    perry

12. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Franklin, have you ever tried Griots "Best of Show" wax? Sounds like the same effect I get using it on my Black car. Deep deep deep....

Wes

13. Tom Larkins

Tom Larkins Formula Junior

It works fine, I use it after washing in dawn to remove old wax. Then, swirl remover, polish wax.

14. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The Swissol directions suggest: 1) first use their cleaner to remove all old wax...the paint will actually "sqeak" as the old wax is removed; 2) then use a clay bar; 3) apply the wax with a sponge pad; 4) remove the wax with a 100% cotton towel; 5) leave the car in the sun for 3 hours; and 6) last buff with a microfiber cloth. It really looks GREAT...better than any wax or poly product I have have ever seen.

15. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I have used Griots Best of Show wax. It is good. I have also used Zymol and like it as well.

However, last week hanging out with Frank at FFQC I was AMAZED at the shine on his car. FAR better than almost every other car there. The Swissol stuff clearly gives an extremely deep shine as well as filling very minor swirl marks and such. I was totally impressed with it and will be purchasing it.

Terry

16. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman
    I was using Griot's Best of Show, but migrated over to Meguiar's NXT and never looked back!

I attended a Meguiar's Detailing Event and learned so much about their products and their company ... did anyone know that Meguiar's started selling furniture polish/wax?

Check out http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/index.php for more info.