Puma/Ferrari clothing, when available? | FerrariChat

Puma/Ferrari clothing, when available?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by f355spider, Nov 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Anyone heard when this will be released?

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    theo knows the score - i would expect him to pipe into this thread soon.

he brought some of the line to the last FCA/FoNE event and it was very impressive. the shoes look GREAT - and they even had some very cute kid sizes too! i really liked just about everything puma sent to be shown (look andd touch, but no buy :(

my feeble memory says after the first of the year - like it was a calendar year license thing.

doody.

3. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I remember the puma site said that the replica line would be available beginning of March, although the licensing begins on January 1. MS was already wering Pumas by the Italian GP (white with red stripe, CF heel, 6 stars). I'm eagerly awaiting to see waht their clothes will look like, in comparinson with the Fila items. It appears I'll probalby have to overhaul my red wardrobe.

From Puma Motorsport
    "PUMA AG and Ferrari Spa announced on 09th of September that they have signed a multi-year contract, which becomes effective on January 1st 2005. PUMA AG will become the official licensee of replica and fan merchandise as well as supplier of Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, the most successful Formula 1 team of all times...With the Future Cat (high and low cut) the merchandising collection – available to the consumer from March 2005 - features a unique product. The red and white shoe carries both the Ferrari Racing Shield as well as the PUMA logo. The range of articles will also include the team-shirt and team-polo (long- and short-sleeve) as well as caps, sweatshirts, rainjackets, and the official replica-shirt, identical to those worn by the team. As a special design feature the well-known footwear Formstrip is incorporated into the epaulette."

4. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    I never liked the Fila shoes - too clumpy.

I have a pair of blue low "Replicats" that are similar to my Sparco racing boots. I like them a lot but they have absolutely no grip in the wet. On Saturday I was descending some steps (the steps had metal edge protectors) in the rain (OK I was going quickly) and managed to slip. I ended up bouncing down about 10 steps on my spine. The scabs are healing nicely but I am still very sore. Unfortunately I totaled the extending pole of my folding Ferrari umbrella in the process. I am considering repairing it with a carbon rod or tube (when I have finished the Mondial Z).

I will probably buy a pair of the red Ferrari-Pumas but I will only take them out in the dry....

5. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Ouch. Glad to hear you're okay and recovering. I know, the racing shoes have no grip in the wet, especially on metal... Well, I think you could probalby tell by the soles though. Similar problem with the original Fila vintage shoes. The replica shoes seem to be more or less alright in the wet though.

6. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    Hi all,

March 3, 2005 is the official launch date. It will be in our concept stores, Puma.com and (currently working on it) in all the Ferrari NA dealerships. The line is made up of Shoes, shirts and bags

I cannot give any more information or post any pictures until the begining of the year. FILA still has the official license until the end of the this year and I have been told that we cannot show or promote the new line until then.

I am working on deals with Ferrari Club of America, FerrariChat and maybe others on exclusive discounts on the new Ferrari merchandise.

I'll post updated information when I am allowed to. Watch for it in January 2005.

Theo

7. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Sounds good, Theo. Thanks for the heads up.

8. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Yes, thank you Theo for the very thorough reply.

Dave

9. FNU_LNU

FNU_LNU Karting

May 22, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    AM
    Hey Theo - any news? Want to get my gortex jacket from you folks.

10. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

Its 2005! Any chance for pics? :D

11. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    Good match, love their sneakers.

12. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    Hi all,

I'm out of the office this week so I won't be able to post anything until next week. I still need formal approval from our Marketing department before I do anything but hopefully this won't be an issue.

I am trying to get us (Puma) as a sponsor on this site so that I can post lots of information and possibly some marketing events that we may do regarding the new line.

I'll let you know by next week. Happy New year!

Theo

13. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Awesome man. Thanks a lot. I can't wait :)

14. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Any chance Puma will sell the Ferrari clothing through the Puma retail stores? Or will it only be sold through authorized Ferrari agents and sellers? I noticed the Puma stores I have been to (California and Washington) do not carry any of the "race" gear (BMW, etc.).

Dave

15. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    Yes, it will be sold in our concept stores, website (puma.com) and in the (US) authorized dealers for right now. I am not sure but it may be sold in some other retail stores like Nordstrom and Bloomingdales.

I'll find out the details and post exactly (list all stores) that will carry our line.

Theo

16. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Now that it's the new year any chance you can give us a sneak peak at the gear?

--Dan

17. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Maybe Nordies and Bloomingdales? Wow...it's going to be alot wider distribution than I thought. I guess good an a buisness side, but then less "exclusivity."

Thanks for the update, Theo. Can't wait to see the merchadise though!

18. tifosi4life

tifosi4life Rookie

Oct 19, 2004
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Corey Ramunni
  19. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Looks pretty cool. The jacket is sweet. Waiting to see the rest...

--Dan

20. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Cool. Not that much different, but different enough to be noticeable. It looks good though. I want to see the rest of the line.

21. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Theo:

Anyway we can get the real teamware?

22. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Also, any updates on when we can see more of the product line?

--Dan

23. forzaf1

forzaf1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2005
    the guy who runs theprancinghorse.co.uk sold team clothing but it was removed. When I asked why it turns out Ferrari sent there lawyers after them and he lost quite abit of money because of that and other things they weren't happy with like putting the ferrari logo on the website.

24. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    Can anyone post pics or a link to new Ferrari/Puma items??

25. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I heard the Puma line will be out in March. There are actually 2 companies doing the Ferrari gear