512BBi toolkits and jack rolls? | FerrariChat

512BBi toolkits and jack rolls?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Murph, Nov 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Murph

Murph Formula 3

Apr 26, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The info on the owners pouches was a great help.

I was wondering if I could get the same info for the toolkits and jack rolls?

Can anyone list the items that came in the toolkits and jack rolls of a new 512BBi.
    Were there differences from year to year, such as the toolkit changing from a case to a tri-fold roll?
    And did these tri-fold rolls all come in a zippered pouch that matched the cars interior color?
    Lastly, are any of the items in the kits interchangeable with the other Ferrari models of the time?

It would be great if anyone has photos of their toolkits and jack rolls and contents.

Thanks
    Kevin

2. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Kevin I will see what I can do this weekend. The weather here is terrible.

What is bizarre is that some of my tools have light surface rust. This was a Kali car. Perhaps someone got water on the tools, and closed the vinyl pouch ?

3. JOEL D.

JOEL D. Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joel DeLuca
    Murph,
    My Boxer has the jack roll with the standard scissor jack and related equipment. The tools are in a black vinyl pouch, similar to my 328's, but they are in a tan pouch that matches the interior. I do not know if all the pouches are tan, or color matched to the interior. Mine is an 84 BBi and all of the hard case type tool boxes I have seen were on older 70's carbed Boxers. Hope this helps.

Joel