IM NEW HERE PLEASE HELP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! | FerrariChat

IM NEW HERE PLEASE HELP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by MARVEINIA, Nov 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MARVEINIA

MARVEINIA Rookie

Nov 19, 2004
    I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS GUYS.......... AROUND THIS TYME NEXT YEAR I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN GETTING 2001 MODENA SPYDER(F1 AUTOMATIC AND TUBI EXHAUST)....I SEE THAT RIGHT NOW THE PRICES ARE 30000 TO 60000 OVER MSRP BECAUSE OF THE MARKET AND 4 YEAR WAITING LIST......I WANT TO KNOW WHATS YOUR BEST ESTIMATE OF THE 01 SPYDER PRICING(W/3000-10000)MILES NEXT YEAR THIS TYME SINCE THE NEW 430 WILL BE OUT.......HERES MY SITUATION......IM 21 AND I PULL ABOUT 5500-7000 A MONTH AFTER TAXES(OFFSHORE WORK).....I KNO THAT EACH FINACIAL SITUATION IS BASED ON A PERSON BY PERSON BASIS........BUT........THIS IS MY PLAN.......ID BE LOOKIN TO GET AN 01 SPYDER FOR ABOUT 150000-180000 DEPENEDING ON THE MARKET VALUE......I PLAN ON KEEPING THE CAR 4EVER(LITERALLY) AND I DONT HAVE THE OPTION OF PAYING CASH...... SO ID OPT FOR SOME LONG TERM FINANCING TO KEEP THE PAYMENTS ON THE LOW SIDE JUST IN CASE I HAVE A CHANGE OF FINANCES SO I WOULDNT HAVE TO GIVE UP THE CAR.....I FIGURED IF I GOT ONE 4 ABOUT 170000......MINUS 40000 DOWN PAYMENT=130000.....BASED ON A WOSRE CASE SCENARIO(15% INTREST) THE PAYMENTS FOR 12 YEARS WOULD BE ABOUT 1300(OF COURSE ILL PAY DOUBLE EACH MONTH AS LONG AS I CAN AFFORD IT)BUT IF IN THE LONG RUN SUMTHIN HAPPENS WITH A CHANGE OF JOBS OR WHATEVER...... I THINK ID BE ABLE TO HANDLE 1300(I WILL SACRAFICE..THIS A FERRARI!!!!!!!!!.I KNOW YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND THE PASSION THAT COMES WITH A FERRARI.....LOL)....WHICH IS NOT BAD FOR A FERRARI...........I SEE UR RELIABLITY AND KNOWLEDGE IS VERY EVIDENT FROM READING THE THREADS ON THE F-CHAT SITE........SO I WANTED TO KNOW YOU GUYS OPINION ON MY PLAN AND WHAT U THINK THE MARKET VALUE OF 01-02 MODENA SPYDERS WOULD PRIBABLY BE IN LATE 05 TO EARLY 06...............AND IN THE BEST CASE SCENARIO WHICH I WILL WORK HARD TO ACHIEVE....... WHAT DO U THINK MY CHANCES ARE OF GETTING APPROVED FOR FINANCING.....BASED ON......(6000 MONTHLY INCOME)......(30000-40000 DOWN PAYMENT).......AND A (700-740) CREDIT RATING........WITH NO CURRENTLY OWED BILLS.........I WAS TOLD THAT MOST BANKS AND CREDIT UNIONS WILL ONLY ALLOW YOU TO SPEND 20-25% OF UR MONTHLY INCOME ON A CAR....AND 1200-1800 IS ROUGHLY 25% OF 6000...........SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?????............IF ANY OF YOU ARE IN THE BANKING OR FINANCING INDUSTRY.....ID APPRECIATE A VERY DETAILED RESPONSE ON HOW THE LOAN SYSTEM WORKS WHEN CONSIDERING LARGE PURCHASES AND IF U COULD GIVE AN EXAMPLE OF A FINANCIAL GAME PLAN THAT WOULD HAVE THE BEST CHANCE TO GET APPROVED........ I JUST WANNA BE AS PREPARED AS POSSIBLE TO GET HE CAR OF MY DREAMS.....I KNOW MOST OF YOU WERE STILL DREAMING WHEN U WERE MY AGE AND JUST WAITED UNTIL YOU COULD BUY IT CASH....BUT I JUS WANNA TRY TO LIVE MY DREAM OF OWNING A FERRARI WHILE IM STILL IN MY PRIME YEARS AND STILL FINANCIALLY STABLE ENOUGH TO PAY FOR IT.......I MEAN IM SINGLE SO A FERRARI WOULD GREATLY ACCENT MY LIFE.......AND I KNOW THE OTHER YOUNG OWNERS OUT THERE KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!...LOL.......AND PLUS IT WOULD BE MY DUTY AND ALSO AN HONER TO BE ABLE TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF OWNING A FERRARI WITH ANYONE WHO MIGHT WANNA SEE IT.....RIDE...TALK FOR HOURS ABOUT IT........WHATEVER.......IM STILL A FAN A DIE HARD LOVER OF FERRARIS!!!!!!......ITS GOOD TO LEARN FROM THE BEST AND MOST KNOWLEDGEBLE AND FROM WHAT IVE READ U GUYZ KNOW WHAT U TALKING ABOUT SO I WOULD REALLY TRUST YOUR OPINIONS..............IM LOOKIN FORWARD TO A LOT OF DETAILED REPLYS......ID REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!.........THIS WOULD JUST BE ANOTHER STEP TOWARDS BECOMING A PROUD OWNERS OF ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CARS IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!..................THANKZ FOR YOUR VALUABLE TIME ...........PLEEEEZ RESPOND ASAP!!!!!!!!!!.............AND HERE ARE SUM PICS OF THE COLOR COMBINATIONS ID CONSIDER.......GIMMIE SUM OPINIONS ON THESE TOO!!!!!...........THANKZ AGAIN!!!!!!

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Damn, someone broke into Bruce's house and grabbed his keyboard again.

3. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    House first, toys later.

4. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    If you want to get it this time next year then you have a year wait, so why would anyone rush to respond. Its not like you want to buy it now or next month. But good luck.

5. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    If you wait for a year you have a lot of time to save as much money as you can.

6. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    my opinion is

doesn't sound like you're quite ready for a ferrari
    not even next year

you probably should save alot more
    or
    get something more affordable like a 348

just my opinion

7. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    Live with your parents for one year and save money:p You're still 21 years old. Could be possible to save lots and lots of money. Its not funny but if you want a ferrari that bad, then you should try it:p

8. Foxy_355

Foxy_355 Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2004
    Berkshire, UK
    Woah! Easy on the caps!!:)

Foxy x

9. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I'd love to answer your question, but it hurts to read it.

There's this thing commonly used in writing called paragraphs. They're not really optional :D

10. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    2nd this!

I think you will need a house to park the toys.

11. milstanselnino

milstanselnino Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jon P.
    Yikes! I gotta turn down my hearing aid.

My opinion is that you should not finance a Ferrari for the long term. The car you are talking about is not an investment, it is a monthly expense, and it may or may not have value in the long term.( relative to what you would have paid). Plus, the amount you will pay will be quite high, considering finance charges.

I concur with what others have written. Don't do it yet.

Find something fun to drive for a fraction of the cost.
    Just my .02

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    IF you want to buy the machine......

You'll need more GREEN

...know what I mean?

DL

13. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Sounds like you want a Ferrari for the wrong reasons because you are single and will help your lifestyle - you'll be dissappointed with it.

98% of women could care less about a Ferrari, how fast it is or its heritage, the ones that like them do because they like the owners that have $$$ to spend on their lazy azzes and buy them things, your $5k - $1300 a month payment plus insurance if you can even get it at your age will run at least $300 a month leaves about $3400 minus your living expenses gives you $1000 a month to play, not quite enough for those types.

14. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Young, dumb and full of....You know! Buy an inexpensive 308 that you could afford and bank the rest of your money for something more important...Like a home!

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Big downstroke on the loan........longest payout terms they will give you.....you MIGHT avoid going upside down on the car, as future depreciation hits the 360 F1s..........or ANY high value car.......

As noted above you are buying an expensive toy that is still on the depreciation curve....what the guys touting the 3X8s and other older cars are trying to point out is that it is easier to get 'in and out' of these without
    losing your equity!

I think these offshore guys drink A LOT OF COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HTH, welcome to the site, bro.......

16. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'm w/ Tillman...I started reading it and it was just too much. What I did get was that you're talking about a lot of debt. If that's the case, reconsider.

17. MayB1Day

MayB1Day Karting
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I would suggest that you'd need to make double, probably triple, the amount you've stated to reasonably afford such a car. Possibly quadrouple. On top of that, you'd need to make that amount for YEARS prior to having enough left over after buying the house and putting enough away each year (at least as much as the car costs you) for retirement. It is not something to be rushed into just for the sake of owning a Fcar; like others have said, you can own an Fcar much cheaper than a 01 360 spider.

Thats more inline with used Boxster/new S2000/used M3/used NSX's......IMO..nothing to be upset about - your still v.young at 21!

If you cant afford to buy the car twice, you shouldnt buy it.

Your first dollars saved should go straight to fixing your keyboard also :D

18. Brandi

Brandi Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Milano, Italy
    Get a 348 spider instead... it's still a beautiful Ferrari and a wonderful car, especially at your age...

With 50K you should be able to find a perfect one... you will not lose much in depreciation and you will have plenty of joy from your F experience, without having to pay for the next 10+ years 1000+ per month...

19. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Can you write with paragraphs?

20. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This has to be a joke!! Nobody is this clueless.

21. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    LOL!!!

22. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    Tip: don't buy a Ferrari so you get friends who would talk hours about your car or get a girl this way, because she ain't looking at the car! She is looking at the person who has the money to effort one so you can buy her some nice clothes one day when she meets you! Because those girls are the *****es in this world, and the other friends you get only want a ride, or sit behind the wheel! You have to enjoy a Ferrari yourself!!!!! Not because other people like it! A real Ferrari lover would buy a Ferrari even when he lives in the middel of emptynes without people to look at it and blast true the mountains or other curvey roads. Thats what a real Ferrari owner would do. Ferrari did not make cars to show off, but to blast true the mountains with awsome sounds and speeds. You still got a lot to learn about Ferrari!!!

23. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    This guy cannot be for real....

24. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    ..GARY GREEN REVISITED?????

25. ferrari fernatic

BANNED

Apr 12, 2004
    london
    Full Name:
    Fawad
    HELLO THERE AND WELCOME TO THE BOARD, AND JUST A LITTLE HINT THERE'S A BUTTON NAMED 'CAPS LOCK' try using eh'.