The only RHD F50 is in the UK. Cool | FerrariChat

The only RHD F50 is in the UK. Cool

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by chaa, Jul 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Spoke to a guy this morning called Alan Robb, i am buying a dvd from him that he did when he did the cannonball in a Diablo. Any ways he works for Lamborghini in High Wycome, he is a realy frendly dude, he was telling me that they currently have two F50s in and an Enzo. One of the F50s is the only RHD in the world and that it belonged to the Sultan. Along with the dvd he is sending me a sales brochure and has invited me to go and have a look around,he says that i will be impressed, i think i will take the boss and see if he will buy me one for this years bonus. Has any one been to the show room, he reconds thats it one of the best.It used to be called Maranello sales befor Lamborghini took over.

2. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    is the F50 for sale chaa????????

3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Chaz

are you sure it used to be Maranello Sales, Maranello's is the retail bit of Ferrari UK?

4. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    Hi,

I think youll find that the Lamborghini you are referring to in High Wycombe is a Lambo Service centre....does this sound right?

Lamborghini Wycombe Service
    Modena House, Blenheim Road, Cressex Business Park, High Wycombe, Bucks HP12 3RS
    Phone : +44 (0) 1494 519100 / Fax : +44 (0) 1494 519800
    Url : HTTP://www.lamborghiniservice.co.uk

The Lambo dealership in London is based in South Ken....

Lamborghini London
    Contact : Dominic Lancaster, Sales Manager or Stephen Higgins, Sales Manager
    Melton Court, 27 Old Brompton Road, South Kensington, SW7 3TD
    Phone : +44 207 589.1472 / Fax : +44 207 589.1593
    Url : HTTP://www.lamborghini.co.uk

5. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Yea thats right TUBI Modena house. modena,maranello, modena, hey anyway. I dont know if there for sale, hes sending me the imfo through with the dvd, i think i will be going, told the boss about the offer and we will be going down to have a look. The guy did say he has clicked on to Lambochat.com so he is on here.

6. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    I saw this F50 when it was in the Bentley Manchester showroom about 12 or so months ago. The sales guy there said it was one of two RHD F50's.

I was in awe of the car and was drooling when my mate started pointing out the flaws the car had. It wasnt the tidiest car I have ever seen, when I looked a bit closer (I dont wish to offend te current owner if its someone one here).

As for price, it didnt have a price on it but it was def. for sale.

7. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    PS - the figure of £475k comes to mind, but I'm not 100% sure.

8. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    #8 F1racer, Jul 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Never liked 'em. Looks too much like a kids bed.

Red one just down the road from Westin Tokyo, tucked behind a white Z4 (doesn't matter what colour you paint 'em, they still look ugly) and a Jag XK8...

10. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    That silver one is not the one I saw. I guess thats the other one! The one I saw in Bentley Manchester was red.

11. AHMTHSSN

AHMTHSSN Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    AH
    I saw a red RHD F50 at Maranello's in Egham last year. It was parked in a car park near the service and parts dept.

12. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Please tell me you got pics...

13. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Be one of those moments you dont have a camera - guaranteed!
    I saw a Zonda last night..or the night before, and I didnt have mine with me!

14. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    called in one day last year.
    It was like a toybox!!
    F40, Diablo, Gallardo, Miuras, EB110s and a Koenigsegg
    but someone forgot to take a camera!
    oops

15. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    lol

16. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    I was there the other week getting my Gallardo serviced.

They were due to have someone px a Maclaren F1 for the Koeni, so I was looking forward to seeing it when I picked my car up a few days later.

Unfortunately the guy got delayed.

They also had one of only 7 RHD Miura P400's there. Fully restored but 180k.

17. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    What? Your camera or your Ferrari?

18. gumball3000

gumball3000 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    When I was based at Silverstone, there was a gentleman who had a silver F50. For the life of me I can't remember if it was RHD or not. Beautiful car though. He also has some serious other kit...Found this list on an American Ferrari site...Really nice guy too!

http://ferrarihistory.homestead.com/leventis.html

19. woza

woza Karting

Aug 27, 2004
    Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Warren O'Connell
    i have been to the lamborghini service centre in high wycombe. Its called "modena cars uk" the owner is an extremely nice guy. Drove along on a sunday for a look and he let me and my dad in and gave us our own personal tour! He did have the f50 in, it was red and was a spider! Many murcielagos, diablos and countach's were also there! Was even lucky enough to see a koenigsegg. They are the official supplier of koenigsegg for the UK and were the guys who supplied top gear and most magazines with the koenigsegg to test drive! Well worth going down for a visit! Oh almost forgot, they had a bugatti eb110 aswell which was to say the least.....stunning!

Woza

20. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I've had contact with Modena Cars too- they are very nice guys as you say.

21. Jamsvx

Jamsvx Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    James D
    *restarts heart* Good grief, that is incredible! The motherlode of exotica (did I say that I LOVE London and the UK...car-o-phile and jet-o-phile's paradise!)

There was only one EB110 in Australia and that was brought in temporarily to gauge sales - the then ceo of Macquarie Bank (its not called the 'millionaire factory' for nothing!) was one of the people who test drove it

Anyways, rather than standing at the front window drooling like a cretin and looking like a 2nd rate stand in from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, are places like that service centre and Joe Macri (I live in Southfields) amenable to having a look around? Naturally, it would be a call/email beforehand, introduce myself etc etc rather than arrive, camera in hand and hope for the best.

Cheers

James

PS: is there any London gatherings coming up in the near future and any objections to my tagging along to say hello?

22. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

I normally just either call ahead (only did it last time, don't really need to), then turn up, introduce myself and ask if i can take some pics and look around. Same for the service area. I'm 17 so if they let me, i'm sure they'll let you. Two years ago, they had their F50 in (the one that did the gumball) and Joe (I assume Joe Macari since it was teh same guy who drove it in teh gumball) let me sit in it. Really nice people.

Go down to Egham too if you have time and pop into Maranello sales (www.maranellosales.com) and then go to talacrest (within 1/2 a mile of each other) The people at tallacrest weren't that interested in me ( i asked to sit in the GT1 :) ), but like i said, i'm 17 so you may have better luck

Enjoy your trip to London

23. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Yeh, I called into Joe Macari last time I was in London and they were fine with me taking a few pics!
    Also called into my local Ferrari dealerships (JCT @ Leeds, Graypaul @ Nottingham) and they were both accomodating with picture taking etc.
    Must head back to Graypaul sometime, apparently theres an MC12 on display soon

24. woza

woza Karting

Aug 27, 2004
    Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Warren O'Connell
    i am also a frequent visitor to joe macaris and maranellosales! i just love walking round the showrooms and dreaming!

When i went to modena however, i wasnt allowed to take photos due to insurance reasons but all the other showrooms are more than happy to let me go crazy with my camera!

Amazing showrooms! And all the people are just soo nice!

25. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The RHD F50 is at the MPH04 show in London. I went to the gala night yesterday.
    Value is estimated at £1.5m which is about the same as buying an Enzo, F50, F40 and 288GTO in LHD...