Waaay Off topic..Whats up with VanHalen? | FerrariChat

Waaay Off topic..Whats up with VanHalen?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tbakowsky, Nov 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    O.k I know there are a few VH fans on this board. I was just wondering what is going on with the band. Anybody in here with some inside info? I'm a big fan and I have been cruzing the VHforums and they seem to think that Sammy is back in the band..and ther is an album set to be released. But under who's label I don't know. Anybody have anymore details..?

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Eddie was just here in Maui.

3. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Well,

As you know, they split from Warner because they felt Warner was spending too much time promoting new bands. We know Dave is out of the picture because he is too unstable or coked up or something - Cherone is long gone.

Considering the unceremonious way in which he was booted, I would truly be amazed if Sammy came back. No one with any dignity would go back after that.

I think it's pretty much over - and maybe it should be? There's a lot to be said for hanging it up gracefully. Too many bands don't understand that.

Joe
    (Still stuck on VH1 :))

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Totlay agree. I guess I'm asking more about Ed then Van Halen the band. I would think he would want to put somthing together maybe a solo album of just guitar songs sort of like a Steve Vai thing. I think i would much perfer that then a VH reunion.

Allen he was in Maui?? Did you see him at all? If so did he look heathly?
    I know he's been haveing health problems lately and booze can't be helping matters either.

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I did not see him, but we ate at a restaurant he had just left. The waitress told us he is there often.

6. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Tom,

I thought Eddie said that he had beaten his cancer some time back. Has something else happened? I also thought he had dried out after his hip situation - I guess not?

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nah...Ed is still drinking like a fish accorong to the reports I have heard. And I beleive he had a tomber removed from his tounge. He quite smoking soon after..but then started up again as soon as he heard there was no more cancer. Thats when his wife left him.

I just want to hear some good rock and roll for a change. I'm so sick of the music that is being played right now. What happened to writing and performing you OWN songs. Not haveing them written for you,or dancing around to a speaker with recorded music.

I just think Ed should be the one to take us out of the music dungon were in right now. Heck I don't even listen to music stations anymore. I just listen to talk radio.. sad huh?

8. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    The Atomic Punks is a Van Halen (Roth era) tribute band that I would love to see. They are based in the US (New Jersey I think) so you should look out for them. Have you tried listening to The Darkness? They are an excellent British 'hair rock' band. They remind me of AC/DC mixed with Queen and Iron Maiden. I have seen them live a couple of times and the singer is very Roth-esque!

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    VH rocks they are my #1 rock band, I'm dying to see them in concert, I hope I didnt miss my chance. Whatever happened with that Cherone dude who was all set to be there lead singer ?
    Valerie left Eddie ? Sux
    I heard Sammy say that nothing is happening with VH now & that if something was up it would be front page news.
    Meacnwhile I'll keep going to Aerosmith concerts till VH is back
    Aerosmith is not too shabby

10. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    #10 Enzo, Nov 14, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Speaking of Aerosmith just saw them on Monday night with KISS. Although Aerosmith is great they just couldn't keep up with the show that KISS put on. They just sucked the wind out of everyones sails when they hit the stage after seeing Simmons spitting blood and fire and flying around the arena.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    #11 Enzo, Nov 14, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    VH was never as good w/ SH as DLR by a long shot. BTW: why is this waaaay OT. It's either OT, or it's not. Just like there are no biiiiig coincidences and small coincidences (for Seinfeld fans) there are just coincidences!

13. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I think Aerosmith doesnt use as much fire, blood, & flying around as KISS & other bands cus Aerosmith actually has talent & doenst need the crutch of all the BS. I saw Aerosmith w Kid Schlock, he had all sorts of effects & crazy stuff, Aerosmith mostly had good music

14. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Don't get me wrong I think they were great but considering the company they were keeping for this tour they should have played more of their older music and not the blusey crap that they were hammering out. Not too mention that they were out of energy after about 30 mins. I will admit that KISS is not on the same par as far as talent but Aerosmith can't hold a candle to the show KISS puts on. This time around for KISS they have dumped Ace Frehley and put a gutarist that can actually play.

15. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    There's been a lot of chatter lately about the brothers, and then this announcement came out today. Sounds like things are happening!!

MIGHT AS WELL JUMP...AGAIN? Irving Azoff has signed Van Halen for
    management, as his long-time representation of Sammy Hagar leads to
    instant speculation about a possible reunion tour and Warner Bros.
    greatest-hits album. Is an album of new material also possible? Given
    that the Van Halens are still free agents for recording, might they
    opt for a self-release à la Pearl Jam? (11/19a)

Kevin

16. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I have never been a Grateful Dead fan but I watched a documentary on them the other night and was really impressed by how anti-commercialized they are. According to them they have never done anything really designed to make any money but purely for the musical enjoyment of themselves and their fans. They actuallly allowed fans to record their concerts for nothing and to bootleg their songs without the band seeing a dime from it. Somewhere along the line, this fan loyalty was rewarded with groupies that followed them around the country and tours that made 50 million dollars! I couldn't help compare this to KISS (who I have adored since I was a kid, by the way) and who
    have literally become a musical parody of themselves, shamelessly wringing out EVERY single solitary nickel they can get out of the KISS name and legacy. Interesting juxtaposition. Discuss.