575 exhaust | FerrariChat

575 exhaust

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 575M, Nov 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 575M

575M Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    What exhaust sytem is the best for a 2004 575m? Im looking to upgrade but am worried it will ruin the class of the car!

2. Brandi

Brandi Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Milano, Italy
    With a Tubistyle exhaust you really can't go wrong...

3. 575M

575M Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    does it sound real loud? I dont want it too loud!

4. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    if u dont want loud then maybe stick with the stock.

5. 575M

575M Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    The ferrari dealer said it wouldnt be too loud but I dont beleive him!

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    It's definitely LOUD on a 550. Imagine it would be the same on a 575!

7. Brandi

Brandi Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Milano, Italy
    I have a Tubi on my F355 and, to be honest, the exhaust is louder than stock but in a pleasant way...

The stock system was great above 4000 rpms, when the bypass valve opened up, but it was a little bit 'too' quiet (for a Ferrari, of course) at low rpms and at idle...

With a Tubi the car is a little bit louder at high rpms and definitely louder at low, but the sound is great: much more aggressive and mean than stock, it really sounds like a race car... it really adds something to the already excellent Ferrari experience... honestly i couldn't go back to the stock system after hearing my car with a Tubi...

Ask your dealer to take you out for a ride with a 550/575 that already have a Tubi fitted... i'm ready to bet that you will buy one after the test...;)

8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    A Tubi on a Maranello is waaaay over the top. Much too loud for my taste. At idle, you cannot have a conversation at your normal speech volume.

It is very RPM-dependant, though. Once you get to some higher revs, it becomes more tolerable.

For '04, they tuned the factory exhaust to give it some more muscle, and in my opinion, they got it just right. I would keep the stock exhaust, if I were you.

For '05, the GTC package is supposed to add an even more aggressive exhaust, which I have yet to hear.

9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have to agree with Dan, the exhaust on my 04 575 is perfect just as it is.

10. Blow Dog

Blow Dog Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    My 550 has just the backbox, lovely.

11. cal355

cal355 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Cal
    Try Ansa Sport Exhaust.Quiter than Tubi.Ansa build all the OEM for Ferrari.

12. FerrariCF

FerrariCF Karting

Apr 14, 2004
    I personally like the Tubi, but it can be a little loud in the sense of reasonence(sp?) wich it has a lot of. The Capristo Exhaust is a lot quieter than the Tubi. It seems that you are worried that it may be a little loud. The Capristo at Idle sounded good and at rpms it seemed to be quieter than the Tubi.

My opinion is Tubi > Capristo for the 550's and 575's

You may be Capristo > Tubi or just Stock > Capristo or Tubi.

And I dont see it hurting the Class of the car. No need to worry about that.

13. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Cargraphic/Fuchs has the best sound & is not unnecessarily loud, in my experience.

14. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Do you have an audio file of your car? I am playing with systems at the moment, with crossover pipes etc. I am used to the low RPM volume of the Tubi's now, but am interestedin the Cargraphic/Fuchs with crossover pipe combo.

15. P3P4

P3P4 Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    At last Ferrari realise the 575 is too quiet in standard format, therefore get an official Ferrari sports exhaust, sounds amazing comes with new ECU's similar price to Tubi looks great with the vented duel skinned tail pipes and best of all you keep your new car warranty intact, oh and its legal too.

Its the same one that goes on the GTC package!

16. manu

manu Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2002
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Manu
    Please remember guys there have been TWO versions of the Tubi exhaust for the 550/575M:
    The EARLY model was very aggressive especially low down. The new model is much smoother and much more refined and has been available for well over a year.
    This variation between the two Tubis for these cars has caused a lot of confusion. The guys who think their Tubi is too loud have definitely got the early model system which was designed to be very aggressive. Those of you with the newer model will not know what the others are complaining about.

(NOTE FOR NEXT BIT OF BLURB: bear in mind the 550/575M has three mufflers in stock form. One centre and two rear ones.)

In addition to the Tubi mufflers you can alternatively specify the Tubi only-tube exhaust for your 575M especially if you are interested in getting more noise at high rpm and dropping more weight. (this system could be too loud if you have the very latest 575Ms which come from the factory WITHOUT the centre muffler).

The system for the 575M HGTC does not compare with these aftermarket Tubis because it has to comply with very stringent EC noise regulations. It's as good as possible for a fresh-from-the-factory system but it's still pretty weak in comparison to the aftermarket Tubis.

The piece de resistance of course is...... have a GUESS who manufactures the 575M HGTCs exhaust for Ferrari.....!!!! ;)
    (not allowed to directly state this)

One way or another, most of you will end up with a Tubi ;)

Regards

Manu
    Scuderia Systems (UK) LTD/ Tubi Style UK.

Oh - my PERSONAL recommendation. (bear in mind, I've owned the car and I'm WEIRD when it comes to my sound preferences.)
    If my 575M has a centre muffler - I'd get the special order Tubi only-tube rear system
    If my 575M is the latest non centre muffler car I'd get the Tubi mufflers.
    If's it's a 550 - I'd get the Tubi Mufflers.

OH - and ALL 575s (except HGTCs) are quieter than 550s because the cats on the 575M are bigger than the 550s (they've been lengthened).

17. manu

manu Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2002
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Manu
    P.S To add even more complications...

For those of you with early centre-muffler equipped 575s and ALL 550s you can now get a Tubi crossover to remove your centre muffler and make the car sound MAD... I mean really LOUD and SNARLY... very metallic and cool. A sort of Stage 2 upgrade.

P.P.S AND THEN theres a Stage 3 - to add to the rear muffler and centre section Tubi replacements you can fit Tubi test pipes... (we've only ever done this for ONE customer and he was a 23 year old maniac who owned a CGT, ENZO, SLR, 575M, Murcielago....)
    The result was, frankly, INSANE....

So you've got three bits of the system to play with - cats, centre muffler, and rear mufflers.

P. P.S. Another twist: Test pipes + Tubi rear (keeping centre section stock) is really cool because the note is AWESOME but it's not hugely loud!

Don't know what Test Pipes + tubi centre with stock rear would sound but it is not recommended as it would probably cause an exhaust flow bottleneck at the rear. (not pleasant sound too).

Hope all the nonsense helps instead of serving to confuse.

Best wishes guys

Manu

18. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    Manu that was a very informative and interesting post. Thanks!

CodeRed

19. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    That makes sense. I must have one of the later Tubi's, because the noise is not excessive, but just right. It sounds better than the factory GTC which is still too dampened for my taste anyway. I highly recommend the (later) Tubi for the 575.

20. Blow Dog

Blow Dog Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    Exacty what I have on my 550 and I tell you, it sounds perfect.
    I always prefer quality, not quantity so my exhaust note has to sound perfect, not loud.

Thanks for that great explanation by the way Manu.

CK

21. hansw

hansw Karting

Mar 12, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Hans J Weber
    I completely agree. I've run the Fuchs on my '97 550 for 3 years/15K miles. They got a little louder with use, but noise is of good quality and not too loud. Most importantly, no nasty resonances that make your teeth vibrate. I compared the design of the Tubi and Fuchs before I bought the Fuchs. It has a well-designed exhaust flow system. The Tubi, on the other hand, is mostly looks and no flow-engineering.

22. F550kid

F550kid Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    zak

Hi there,
    From manus post it seems like you must have tried the old Tubi system

23. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Listen to this man and listen to me (three 550's so far).

DON'T get a Tubi if you are worried about the car being too loud!!!!

DL

24. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    Why buy a V12 and not listen to it as it was meant to be before sound level codes and extreme polution measures? just keep the cats, anything after that it is better to have good air flow and sounds simply awesome. It isn't your only car is it?