Are FChat Moderators getting out of control? | FerrariChat

Are FChat Moderators getting out of control?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Nov 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Are FChat Moderators getting out of control?

1. FChat Moderators are doing an excellent job.

2. FChat Moderators are OK, but I'm not thrilled with them

3. FChat Moderators have more power than they should

4. FChat Moderators are really starting to pi$$ me off

5. FChat Moderators should all be banned

6. What is a Moderator?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    OK, I'm pi$$ed and YES, I am taking this personal! I don't need a moderator to send me an FChat message asking me why I made a particular post or questioning me as to why I bring up old issues. That is one of the opportunities that FChat members have here. I'v been here about two years and I have to believe I am fairly respected. Like Brother BRUCE (and many others), I have given to the FChat community and contribute wherever possible.

If I want to bring up an old issue, I WILL DO SO and I DO NOT NEED TO SEE EMAIL'S LIKE THE FOLLOWING FROM A MODERATOR!!!! (No, it was not Darth).

Hi there.

I know you have a problem with him, but please, we all know about it. There's no need to bring year-old threads back to the top, especially with another thread running about this same guy.

If we all took our personal grudges public this forum would be nothing but noise.

In closing, I think that a few of the moderators are getting out of control. Don't like the above, well friggen ban my a$$!

Peter S

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    First, I apologize.

Second, I said in the pm that I was just asking as a user, not as a mod. I was just genuinely curious why you did that, since there was already another thread about the guy. That's all there is to it, and I've explained that in our conversations via PMs before you posted this.

Please understand that there are times when we are not mods, and this was one.

Once again, I apologize.
    Tillman

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Pete, be careful; they'll start talking about you in their secret little boys club and then, before you know it, you'll be labeled a crybaby with a persecution complex...! LOL... :)

4. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Geeez. You think these guys are “the overseer” types? Visit Miatanet & see what big brother does w/ too much time on his hands & lots of family hour codes. Fchat is liberal, or is it European, in constraints. Oooops, did I said the “F” word?
    I do HATE it when they move my post to the outer limits so I never get a response.

5. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    The mods are generally doing a good job, however, the new guy, Tillman is out of control. He bursts on to the mod scene and causes all sorts of trouble. The guy needs to get mod counseling - pronto.

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    If there is an issue with any particular moderator action that disagree with please contact that moderator in question.

If you do not wish to contact the moderator for whatever reason, please look on the bottom of the subforum's page to see which other moderators are present, and feel free to contact one of them relating to your query.

Finally, if there still is an issue at hand, feel free to contact Rob directly with your concerns, but only if the above options have proven ineffective.

Thanks for your time, and I hope you enjoy your Fchat experience.

7. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Who is Tillman "Pimp'd"? Explain...

8. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Karen, please see my earlier post. That said, there is no reason to attack a Moderator, or question their integrity, let alone a fellow 328er (I thought we were all family :))

Though I cannot tell if you joking since you choose to omit including a smiley that would indicate such, such as a ':D'

9. sofly325iguy

sofly325iguy Karting

Nov 15, 2004
    connecticut
    Full Name:
    george
    do f-chat mods even own a ferrari???

10. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    For the most part, yes.

11. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I never do "smilies". Just not my style.

12. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Strong words from someone who has 23 posts and nothing in their info.

13. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Not this one. Why do you ask?

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I like the moderators just fine. :)

The only thing that ever bugs me is when the posts get moved out of general to a specific category. They are usually in general to get a better response & are not seen as much in other sub directories.

15. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    See what I mean?

16. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    No, I asked them since to me it appears they have not been on the site long enough to form a valid thought on this.

17. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Probably because your revisitation upon a dead, beat to a pulp topic/thread/flame war, etc. has nothing to do with the board now, nor would it add anything of substance to the context of the discussions taking place currently.

So you should be able to do what ever you feel like, when ever you feel like, simply because you've "contributed"? If that's your perspective, then why contribute at all? If you're building you contributions on a base of "expectations" then quit contributing; no one, nor the board as whole, owes you anything - if you have a problem offering help, without the gurantee of reciprocation, the problem to your solution is simple : stop giving!

In closing, you're over reacting, and bordering on sounding like a baby. Have a beer, realize it's only the internet and stop raising your BP; they're moderators and this isn't YOUR forum, that's how it is, and that's how it goes. If you can't stand being asked a simple, curtiously worded questions, by one individual, then maybe you should build, host and moderate your own forum.

Posts like these, which create ambivolent and arbitrary dispute and conflict are entirely unneccessary; if you have such a huge problem, email Rob - I'm sure you have his ear.

18. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I'm staying out of this one. Peter: call me. I've got something that we can use.

Art

19. sofly325iguy

sofly325iguy Karting

Nov 15, 2004
    connecticut
    Full Name:
    george
    i mean no harm!!

20. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I do think MODERATORS should display their profile in full so we can respect them not just think of them as dips w/ no foundation.

21. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    GOOD EVENING YOU CRAZY BASTARDS AND MISS KAREN..................

22. sofly325iguy

sofly325iguy Karting

Nov 15, 2004
    connecticut
    Full Name:
    george
    as a matter of fact i have been here for a while, i like to read and search before i type anything. im a veteran to message boards whether its cars, bodybuilding,flying, investing ect, the pattern i see the most is mods giving out BAD ADVICE to newbies wether its building a body or losing fat and yet themselves are sloppy fat and out of shape and dont even know the principals of the message they are giving out.. or making billions of dollars while they are in debt and cant even manage a checking account but they will tell you what stock to pick or what house to buy ect...

forgive my spelling

my 2 cents

23. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    #23 Auraraptor, Nov 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Now we are having fun!

25. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    MY POPCORN HAS JUST POPPED AND I HAVE ICE IN MY DIET COKE ( FRONT ROW)

IM READY AND HAVE ALL MY FUKIN TOOLS..........