430 US Deliveries | FerrariChat

430 US Deliveries

Discussion in '360/430' started by cglass17, Nov 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cglass17

cglass17 Rookie

Sep 12, 2004
    Does anyone know when the 430s are going to hit the states? How many allocations will the US get for 2005? Can anyone provide informatiion about the order in which the dealears actually get their allocations? i.e. OC will get their's before Houston(not a fact just example of the info that I am looking for). Also, how many out there already have a confirmed allotment?

Thanks in advance for the information!

2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Cars are rumored to begin arriving late spring/early summer, but nobody knows for sure, not even the dealers. As to allocations, we're really talking speculation city here, anyone who really knows won't be talking about it. With Ferrari, unless you are a very special "friend of Ferrari", you might as well just place your deposit and wait for the phone call.

Gary

3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    It does't matter who's getting what at what time.Every F430 is commited for the next three years. Dealer allocation does not effect weather you get a car or not it's your relationship with the dealer.Although some dealers get more F-cars than others.The biggest allocation is FoSF being it's a factory store.

4. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I don't know. I'm supposed to get one of the first ones in the second year. Haven't asked for a deposit yet, but I'm sure that they will. I haven't figured out 7 speed or F1 yet. Do want Red tan though.

Art

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

7 speed? Is that right? Talk about one-upmanship ;)

6. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    That's what I heard. 6 speed would be ok, but I think they've gone to a 7 speed, or are going to. Problem is, if you're going to keep the ASR on, you'll not feel the extra power until 3rd gear. Just like the difference between a modern 750 and 1000, at the low end, you can't use the power.

Art

7. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I wholeheartly agree! Look for spring/early summer deliveries with the longtime/better clients getting the early ones.

8. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I dunno, Art. If it's 7-spd, it's the best-kept secret since the Manhattan Project. I'm betting it's still 6.

Gary

9. speedracer5

speedracer5 Karting

Oct 15, 2004
    Northeast, USA
    Absolutely, USA will receive the F430 sometime in May/June. It is a 6spd last reproted.

10. P3P4

P3P4 Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    Recent miss-prints by the over enthusistic Journo's are the reason for the 7 speed rumour. F1 and stick is the same box, was with 360 and 355 and 575 its just the control thats different.

Cars due in April but expect May

11. FerrariFuisz

FerrariFuisz Rookie

Dec 9, 2003
    Hmm Motortrend has a first drive and they print 7 speed. I mean I figure if they were driving the thing they would notice how many gears, right? right. I would think just normal 6 myself though.

12. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    maybe 6 speed stick and 7 speed F1, makes some sence to me, but ya never know. I don't think Ferrari would go 7 speed stick or have the capabilities..........with out Lambo or someone else doeing it first. Sorry but when it comes to most new technology, Ferrari likes to follow. And I said MOST so don't ***** about some of what they came out with first, like to E gear.

13. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    12/04 issue of UK's CAR magazine clearly mentions a 6sp.
    I'd take their observation over MotorTrend's anytime.

14. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    I'd be surprised if they designed 2 new trannies -- one for the stick and one for the F1. Since only about 15% of 360s are stick, and that fraction will probably get smaller for the 430, it wouldn't make much economic sense to design a new manual gearbox for the 430 IMO. Maybe the 360's gearbox is already robust enough to handle the additional power requirements...

15. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I think the F1 gearbox has 7 gears but the manual gearbox has only 6. They are doing the same thing in the new Mercedes-Benz SLK's also.

16. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    The CAR review I mention in my earlier post is for an F1 car and they specifically mention 6sp.

17. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    i would keep my eyes open and get the spider or Challenge Stradale version. it will be worth the wait.

18. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Whats the price range for the F430? Nice to hear that it comes in 6speed... Are there new exterior colors? Thanks in advance..

19. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    It's definitely a six speed, regardless of transmission. The car will be available in the current Ferrari color range (16 colors). A new color, "Grigio Silverstone", a dark gray between "Grigio Titanio" and "Nuovo Nero Daytona" will also be offered. I've believe you can see it in the 430 thread at the top of this section. The front air intakes, headlight fairings, rear glass side frames, and rear diffuser are painted dark gray or black depending on the exterior color. This differentiation is preordained by Ferrari, and is not up to the customer.