Help with transferring palm datebook to new treo 600 | FerrariChat

Help with transferring palm datebook to new treo 600

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by storminnormin, Nov 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    After receiving a new treo 600 to replace my previous treo 600 which I broke, I tried to hot sync to the new phone. It kept getting hung up on some .wav file so hot sync kept failing. Verizon tech support was not helpful beyond telling me to find that .wav file and get rid of it. I could not find the file so I decided to transfer data to a new user name on my palm desktop. I had no problems transferring the address book and was able to successfully hotsync that data to the new phone (under the new user name). Unfortunately I could not copy/transfer the datebook to the new user and so am still unable to get my 5 years' worth of date data onto the new phone. What can I do to get that data hotsync'd? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I don't have specific advice for you, but can make some suggestions that work for me:
    1) got a sync manager for the PC? on a notebook that you can either bluetooth it over or even through IRDa?
    2) you could try Oxygen Phone manager. It might be compatible and have support for both items to transfer over quickly. (just looked, not compatible with the Treo)
    3) try www.howardforums.com for various phone support. They can be quite helpful over there.

3. storminnormin

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Thanks Randy. I'll check out your suggestions.
    Norm

4. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I'd suggest TreoCentral:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/index.php?styleid=1

Pretty helpful for Treo specific problems.

Also, there are programs for examining the underlying files that are being sync'd onto your Palm. Such a program would likely allow you to find and eliminate that .wav file. I have one for the Mac... but you probably need one for the PeeCee.

5. storminnormin

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Thanks Brian, I'll check that out too.
    Norm