Pensacola Ferrari support | FerrariChat

Pensacola Ferrari support

Discussion in 'Florida' started by TR Mark, Nov 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.
    Anyone know of a quality place to service F/cars (TR) in this area. Any responses would be appreciated

Mark

2. 38 Off

38 Off Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Pace, FL
    Full Name:
    Phil Crain
    I live in Pace, just outside P'cola, and have only had my 355 serviced in Atlanta (FOA), and am totally pleased with all dealings with everyone there, as well as their work. In P'cola, I have not had to take it to anyone, but if I do my first choice will be Runway Imports on 9th Ave., 850-477-0216. While I have not used them for years, they straightened out a 911 engine once that another shop messed up. I would go with them over Likis, altho that is another possibility. Hope this helps, Phil.

3. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.
    Phil-I called them and they refuse to work on F cars. I need someone closer. I have a slow down cyliders 1-6 light that keeps appearing and I cannot (short of trailering to ATL) get it fixed close unless I find someone or fly someone in.
    Ideas?
    Thanks for your reply
    Mark

4. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.
  5. davel

davel Guest

You can try Lindsey Automotive in New Orleans. He does good work and Ive met him a few times at events in the Big Eazy. Give him a call. Im here on the Gulf Coast as well and you will probably have to travel to get things done. New Orleans, Atlanta and Jacksonville are your best bets. Try the Louisiana section of this board for more info about service over in New Orleans.

6. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.
    Many thanks davel. La. is 180 miles and I suppose not as far at ATL, JAX, or BHM. I, along with many others need closer support though. Once again, thanks

7. 38 Off

38 Off Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Pace, FL
    Full Name:
    Phil Crain
    Sorry, I have been busy a couple days.

Bobby Likis, 5675 N. Davis Hwy. 850-477-9480. He has been around a long time, does (or at least did) a auto radio show that covers at least the SE US. He has a nice building, and we have used him a couple times on non F cars. I have heard that he works on F cars. He can be pricey, but probably wouldn't match a F. dealer.

Runway's yellow page ad has a list of cars that includes Ferrari, maybe they decided to quit on them after they submitted their ad.

My plan when and if the 355 has any kind of major problem is to have it trucked to FOA--when you have that kind of value, it makes sense to me to have it fixed by mechanics that really know what they are doing. Trucking it up there should be very roughly $500 (enclosed), then one can fly up there for probably $100 to drive it back.

Let me know how you come out.

Phil

8. Steph

Steph Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    Pensacola Florida
    Full Name:
    Stephen Simpson
    mark
    give me a call I have a full shop here a Pensacola regional we have done most all of the work on my tr.

9. IM4U2NV81

IM4U2NV81 Rookie

Nov 14, 2004
    Milton, FL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Senter
    wow, F-cars in Pensacola?

How come we never see them on the road? I personally don't have one, but would love to see them more often.
    Guys, check out www.srvidz.com for a trailor of the footage we got at French Quarter Classic this past weekend.

Bobby Likis seems to run a very clean business. Also, Bob Cole (he has a shop by the airport, forget the name, it runs between 9th and Langley down the road where the firehouse is) is a standup guy and real knowledgable. If you're looking for honest service on things such as brakes, oil changes, etc. I would give these guys a shot.

10. IM4U2NV81

IM4U2NV81 Rookie

Nov 14, 2004
    Milton, FL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Senter
    also...

ought to get up the F-cars together one night and roll out to the Burger King on 9mile rd and impress the old muscle cars and classics.
    www.panhandlecruisers.org

11. IM4U2NV81

IM4U2NV81 Rookie

Nov 14, 2004
    Milton, FL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Senter
  12. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.
    Steph-busy this week with holiday. Will call after and many thanks fro support!
    Mark in Orange Beach

13. Steph

Steph Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    Pensacola Florida
    Full Name:
    Stephen Simpson
    not a problem mark just let me know we can trouble shoot the problem here at the hanger I will be out of the office 3rd week in december my son and I are picking up our new 360 if everything goes according to plan. and driving it back from california...

14. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Well first you may want to try to fix it yourself. Check in the archives of F-Chat and see what could cause this problem. The slowdown usually is a catalytic converter that is failing and blocking exhaust flow, thus overheating the engine. The easy fix is replace them with test pipes.

Could be some other things as well but as I said you may do it yourself. If nothing else works, have it sent to FOA.