Build Quality of 77 308? | FerrariChat

Build Quality of 77 308?

Discussion in '308/328' started by greg328, Nov 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Can anybody comment on the build quality of these early 308s? As far as I can tell, they seem very solid. I'm looking at a steel-bodied one--its been resprayed very nicely and all new interior. The engine seems very clean--and yes--those wonderful Webers!

I know the rust-proofing improved in 1984. This example is rust-free. Should I be concerned?

How expensive are the console levers to replace? This example is missing one.....

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Sorry I missed your call over the weekend......

Rust free is good!!!!! A lot of 'rust' is really electrolysis from dissimilar metals..or it's really rust!!LOL!

Most of the 'little bits' are now available thru Ferrari of UK Classic Parts.

There was a nice '77 in Spring....that one???

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They are pretty solid....I've had a Surburban hit me straight in to the driver's side.........good thing my elbow was in.......no major damage.....except to his wallet.....

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Build quality in that period was quite good. Rust is dependant on what part of the country the car has been in. If it has spent much time in states where salt is used the car could be in big trouble. I'm in California and one of those here is going to have trouble in bottoms and f+r edges of door skins and bottom of front fender between wheel arch and door.