S2000s | FerrariChat

S2000s

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by iceburns288, Nov 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    I love em. What do y'all think of them? By the time I can drive, a 2000 or 01 S2k shouldn't be wayyy to much like they are now (lil over 20 for a 2000)

2. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    According to your profile you are 99 years old how much time do you think you have left?
    As far as the S2000 I have an 03 and I am very happy with it. It's a blast to drive, and very realible.

3. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    The S2000 is the most exciting car I have ever driven. I don't think I could handle one as a daily driver, but it is the most fun I have ever had in a car (legally).

Cloverleaf onramps are HEAVEN in that car. I wish I owned one, but priorities dictate otherwise.

4. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    The DMV here is VERY slow. I don't know what I'd do without this wires-free carryable computer and Ferrarichat... luckily the nice lady behind me holds my place while I attend Ferrari events! Hopefully I'll be outta this line by 2006...

5. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    I just picked me up one 3 days ago!! They are fantastic cars! Are they the fastest? No. But they are very sharp and purposeful in everything the car does and they go around corners pretty darn quick.

My thread for the one I just got.
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39314

6. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    i've heard the early year s2k's were the best. faster, etc. im not sure though. can anybody shed light?

7. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    The 2000-2003 MY has a 2.0 liter engine that redlines at 9,000 rpm. The 2004+ has a 2.2 liter with an 8,000 rpm redline but has more hp/torque. The 04+ is more city friendly due to gearing and a little bit more power but a pre-04 can put a grin on your face from ear to ear regardless.

The 00-01 was a bit more of a handful to drive due to it's suspension setup, the 02-03 is probably the best car in terms of moderate refinements to the suspension, small interior changes, glass rear window, more aggressive ECU, etc.... The 04+ has a bettery tranny, some interior changes, more structural reinforcement and so on. Which car is the best? I'm biased. I have an 02 and that thing is far far too much fun. The 04+ also has a softer rear suspenion which should make the car more predictable but to some, feels a bit more tame (i.e. slightly more push, slower turn in due to a slower steering ratio as compared to earlier years.)

To answer your question though, they all have their benefits and disadvantages. Mind you, the heart of the S2000 was its 9,000 rpm redline. The US market complained and got more torque. Interestingly though, other markets still have the 2.0L with all the other changes.

Here's more info on the changes.
    http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=152706&page_number=2

8. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004
    I have an 01 S2000 that is a daily driver. I love the car, so much fun. Unfortunetly I have to sell it soon for an investment or two. I love it and one day will probably buy another one. If anyone is interested in one, i have a honda certified 01 Berlina Black with a hard top for sale, 30k miles but warrantied up to 100k or 7 years.

9. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    #10 Badapple, Nov 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. PaulfromPA

PaulfromPA Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Lancaster, PA
    Full Name:
    Paul Grabowski
    ^^^Beautiful pictures badapple. I really enjoyed the first picture and I think it will make a wonderful background for my computer:).

11. 1 BAD BURB

1 BAD BURB Karting

Oct 14, 2004
    Minnetonka, MN
    Full Name:
    Aj ....
    i used to work for a honda dealer a few months ago, i drove the S many times... i also love clover leafs... can take them at 60 and not worry...

overall, a very nice car! no storage space, and only for small people, but other than that, a very powerful car for the price. also, u could always put in a turbo kit. i hear these things with turbos are just ridiculously fast!!!

i'd say, if u got the $$$ to buy one, definitly do so. its a damn nice car!
    Aj

12. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I just bought one a couple months ago and am selling it. It's a blast to drive and I love the car but I decided it's not really practical for me.

13. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    I love S2000's as well. I used to check an S2000 Forum a while back, before I started dreaming bigger and ended up here. However, with a Ferrari or Lambo still being a ways off, and the Elise not being Certified for Canada anytime soon, my interest in the Honda is increasing once again.

Trixxter, great colour combo on yours, congrats.

Badapple, nice pics.

14. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    What do they sound like? Does anyone have a link?

15. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Ask and ye shall receive :)

http://s2000library.com/

Download the 35 meg file for a comparison of different exhausts and then listen to the Amuse R1000 exhaust a little lower. And yes, in person it sounds that much better.