575 F1 Converted | FerrariChat

575 F1 Converted

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by speedracer5, Nov 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedracer5

speedracer5 Karting

Oct 15, 2004
    Northeast, USA
    Hello Everyone,

I have been thinking of buying either a 550 or 575. I have gone and driven both. But this past weekend I went and drove a 575 F1. WOW. This trans works very well with the power of the V-12. I have been very surprised and now am buying my first F1 F-car. I am looking at learning everything about this car. All comments welcome. I am interested in what other owners have discovered.

Thank you.

2. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    I personally have always liked a regular six speed. So tell me why you have been converted? You giving up on the real reason to own a Ferrari? F1 is for girls. Just kidding. I have only heard of all the problems with the F1 trans. So what have you heard and how did it feel to drive the F1?

Cheers,

3. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    IMO the F1 does really suit the characteristics of the 575 engine. If it was to be a daily drive car, I would probably compromise and go for the F1 transmission. However as a fun car, stick shift is the only way to go for me.