What's the REDLINE is on the new F430? | FerrariChat

What's the REDLINE is on the new F430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 348SStb, Nov 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Does anyone know for sure or have confirmed information as to the maximum engine speed on the new F430?

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Dave, looks like 8,500 to me...

EDIT: that's redline; i have no idea what the confirmed top speed of the car is...

3. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

But what's the redline as confirmed by the factory? I know it's at least 8500 RPMs... but there was a rumor on Italiaspeed.com saying it would be 9,000 RPMs...

Why hasn't the factory told us--or has it?

4. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    if the redline is 8500, where does the rev limiter kick in at? 8700/8800??

5. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Isnt it common practice to have the rev limiter kick in just after redline???
    Its like that on most of my cars.

6. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    My NSX goes past 8000 to about 8200, but haven't tried to see exactly where it stops.

Whats the 360 do???

7. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Why do you think that it does? No one in the US has had a go in one yet.........

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

The red tach looks bueno :)

9. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis

Well, one I figured that most high reving high performace sports cars have a rev limiter high than the redline, even just a little (am I wrong???). Two, I thought someone in Europe may have had the chance to drive one. Three, I just got my MotorTrend today, and at the bottom of pg.70 it says : "2.Engine: Titanium connecting rods increase rev limit." and since the redline is still 8500 (like the 360) I guess it might be a lil higher, no?

dan

10. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    believe the redline is the same as the 360.
    top is 192-193mph I believe.
    No launch control on US models.(Euro's have it)

11. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Red line same as 360, that is correct.

Top speed 315 km:h which = 196.875 mph

Launch control: heard that it was not included on any Ferrari.... I know a 575 Maranello in the US does not have it but does a US spec CS?

Not that it matters. It is just a gadget that serves no real purpose other than to wear clutches, tyres, half shafts etc. Good for the Ferrari spare parts biz, though!!

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yea, the button is there but it doesn't do anything. For whatever reason it's not allowed in the U.S.

13. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Yes - and it is functional. :)

14. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    mhh - now this is an interesting theory - that would explain that I never got any results in both of my CS from using it - only a lot of clutch smoke :-( - funny if F would have disabled it in the US and let us play with a dummy LC button

15. Ducati

Ducati Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I tried LC on my Stradale two weeks ago and it worked perfectly. I read the manual carefully and then followed the procedure . Make sure the light is blinking before you rev the engine. If the light is not blinking you will just fry the clutch. I used 4000 before releasing the brake and success. Two large black lines and an amazing start. I used a long straight road out near Palmdale, California. You need a quiet place to concentrate and get it all correct. Also more throttle as soon as you step off the brake pedal to keep the tires spinning until about 20 MPH. Not for the timid. If it does not work the first time wait about 5 min. to try again because you can overheat the clutch and it will not spin the tires just spin the clutch and of course alot of smoke and clutch smell. It also works well just to nail the throttle in 1st.

16. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

I sense a thread hijacking is occurring... :D

17. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    Well the good ol' 355 had titanium rods and had a 8800rpm limiter.

After a remap mine could rev to 9200rpm and did, frequently!

I think most of the 360s I have driven cut out at 8.5k.

As the F430 produces peak power at a lower rpm than the 360 it must be unlikely that the rev limit will be higher.