512 TR 512M | Page 2 | FerrariChat

512 TR 512M

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by marky1, Nov 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I'll sort you out with a classic Aviator Tea Arse, Tear Arse

Lee

2. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Thank you Comrade Lee Proctor M8,

I'm only fifty eight and still trying to sort out this 'box of tricks' accordingly, I do need a kind Guardian Angel such as yourself to protect me from the further potential of deportation to the Monaco Penetentiary - the two weeks I had there taught me a real lesson.

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse

3. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

Good Morning Fraternal Brother Tea Arse - Tear Arse, I trust that you were properly initiated at the said penetentiary, is there a starfish side degree?

4. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Dear Comrade 512 Tea Are, Tea Arse, Tear Arse - the all knowing

Leave it to me my good friend,

Lee

Angel and Protector of 512 TR

5. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Good Morning Fraternal Comrade and Brother - Stephen the Painters Mate,

Yes, it is the bromdoogle, dingdongle, bonboogle, bumfunger, ass under crotchet symphony of wonderment, known as the initiation of the chocolate starfish ceremony - as performed in all Masonic Lodges in Monaco.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - Fully Initiated in all Degrees of Chocolate Starfish Freemasonry

6. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

you should get stevef initiated into this side ediface

7. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade and Fraternal Brother Stephen Paynter M8,

I do believe this has already occurred. For does he not hold within his possession an F512M? Surely this is the very personification of a 512TR which has been 'Buggered'.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - Now going swimming and then out for the day swanning around in the Rolls with the two German Shepherds - this causes not a little consternation in these parts!

8. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Graham

Is the business problem from last week now sorted?

9. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Uh Oh , you've been smoking that strong stuff again !

10. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Even better the second time - still LOL :):):):):):):)

11. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    he's accentric thats all

12. Two 512tr's

Two 512tr's Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Matt Gibbon
    hi marky1, would you consider a 1993 LHD white on white? i have a beautiful specimen...
    thanks
    matt

13. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
  14. PhilG512

PhilG512 Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Phil G
    Just seen the posting.....

I've had my TR for nearly 3 years & had no major expenses, yearly service about £550, complete set of tyres £740, insurance through Classline £540. The last cambelt & service, which is now due was £1300.

Put a hand made exhaust on the car last year just before LeMan - Wow.....may be to loud for some but loads of grin factor. My thoughts are the same on the M, I think they just tried a bit to hard.

15. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    How many miles a year do you do Phil? That sounds like good news if it can be run at a fairly reasonable cost and still be hooned half way round the UK and Europe.

16. PhilG512

PhilG512 Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Phil G
    I'm doing about 3,000 miles a year - decided its nicer to drive the TR than leaving it in the garage.

17. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    ah! So i would need to budget for three times your cost then... and that's my worry. Would the big TRs be unfeasibly expensive to run as a regularly used weekend car. By that I mean 8-10k miles a year including 2-3,000 miles in one go razzing around Europe?

I think possibly not. :(

18. PhilG512

PhilG512 Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Phil G
    I dont think 8-10k a year is unreasonable, running cost would not be much more, I cant remember the actual service intervals - would need to look a the manual.

19. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    The 512TR/M has a massive flat twelve cylinder engine of almost five litres capacity. With reasonable attention it will last virtually indefinitely. The oil requires changing once each year. The factory says the cam belts should be changed every three years (In America they change the belts every five years - same as Volvo's). Furthermore, it is a proper Ferrari. Indeed it is the final rendition i.e. a thinly disguised racing car with an engine straight out of an F1 car. For example the new 430 has a hotted up Maserati engine thrown in the back of it - essentially illegitimate. Why buy new rubbish when you can acquire a proper behemoth with virtually nil depreciation?

20. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    An F1 car from the 70s...hence old tech? (I love these cars, just trying to wind up teapot)

The engine used in the maserati was infact a ferrari design...then again I'm sure you know that, and are just trying to wind people up

21. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    I enjoyed the nineteen seventy's. Houses cost two and six pence. Building plots four pence three farthings. ***s cost almost nothing at all and Ferrari's all had twelve cylinders - not like now where the majority have only two thirds of an engine. Also, boys lost their virginity to the games mistress on Friday afternoon in the hockey sticks store room.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - Font of 1970's wisdom

22. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    here here post of the year a proper ferrari owner

23. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I agree, but probably for different reasons.

24. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, but: houses had outside toilets, Building plots were full of asbestos, ***s were only available to pupils at Eton/Harrow and the 246 had 6 and the 308s had 8 (yes 8!) cylinders! And: none of the 12s, of any racing merit, were up the chuffer (or mid-engined as I believe it's called). And let's face it, the games mistress was no oil painting and only did it on Friday's because Gold Label was on special offer at the local pub.

25. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade f328nvl,

Everything you have stated herein is true - with the one exception; the 246, whilst possessing a mere six cylinder's is not a Ferrari. It is a Dino. All proper Ferrari's have proper twelve cylinder engines. Mr Ferrari only sold the eight cylinder cars as a sop to the hoi polloi to enable him to use their money to finance his racing cars so that he could then put their wonderful twelve cylinder engines into his road cars - the 'Proper Ferrari's.'

With kind regards,