January 18th 2005 -- a legend in his own mind returns... | FerrariChat

January 18th 2005 -- a legend in his own mind returns...

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Nabbs, Nov 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Ok so that's a little hokey. But in the words of the great D. Chapelle
    "I is back b*itches!"

We'll be moving in to 15 Washington Place in le Village! Yeehaw! I am very excited.

Now the packing begins.

I have the paperwork to transfer registration for the leased car from MA to NY -- does anybody know if I need establish proof of residency first (I was led to believe this was not the case)?

There wouldn't happen to be any navy reservists on here, would there?

Can't wait! Can't wait!

-N

2. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Welcome to the "Mad Real EC"

3. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    welcome to the "hood", looking forward to meeting you.

4. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Welcome. Hopefully we'll get to meet you on a run or at one of the long list of fabulous EC social events.

Regarding your question; "I have the paperwork to transfer registration for the leased car from MA to NY -- does anybody know if I need establish proof of residency first (I was led to believe this was not the case)?" sorry I don't have an answer. But it brings up a point that only Ed and Sam could understand; If residency is required, how do people living in cars register them if they're homeless?

5. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    welcome.

6. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    I don't think you have to transfer the registration right away. I believe that you have 90 days once you've established your new address to transfer the registration. After 90 days, you could then be in trouble... I could be wrong though.

7. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Wow I think I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. It feels like I forgot the answer to that once before...

8. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    When I was homeless in New York and buying my 550, I registered it to a friend's address. (side note: I had been a WeAk cOaST sUKkA) Which is why my friend still gets all the FNA mail and I find out about events 3-12 months later.

The next time I was homeless I ran away to Argentina for a few weeks, but the car was already registered so I just waited to change the address until I had a new address in New York to call home.

Does that help?

By the way, Nabbs, welcome back to NY!