Spotted | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariSlave, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lotusboy

lotusboy Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Madison,Wi.
    Full Name:
    Kevin Geiwitz
    Saw a red 360 spy. on Rush sun. around 11:00 am.

2. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    This morning I took the Biturbo out for a little exercise---an "Italian Tune-Up" before the expressways got too clogged. What did I find myself behind on the expressway, but a "Chrysler's TC by Maserati" (that awkward mouthful is the official name of the car). This was the joint project betwen the two companies, which looks a lot like a LeBaron (there are subtle differences) but was tweaked by Maserati, and some have actual Maserati engines in them. The cars may have been built in Modena; I'm not sure about that. They had the Maserati trident inside the Chrysler pentagon, in place of the usual five-pointed star.

There must be some mysterious Maserati magnetic effect, because, I've been living in Chicago for eleven years and in all that time I have seen exactly five Maseratis: a QPIII parked at a downtown lot, a silver Coupe parked on a street in the Loop, a yellow Spyder on the Dan Ryan, another Coupe (black) on the Eisenhower, and this TC this morning on the Kennedy. And of those, I saw two of them WHILE DRIVING MY OWN MASERATI, which I've only had since July. The odds are astronomical.

3. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    spotted a dark gray 360 in glencoe. I'm not sure what color, but it looked awesome, i had never seeen it before. I think there was a challenge grill, not sure. When I see f-cars, i rush to throw down the windows and turn off the radio. You can see pics of them online, hearing them is harder, so i didn't get a great look. Did see a lotus elise in the city. Pretty cool.

4. cubbyman60

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    saw a 246 dino on sheridan in hp. red. Great looking car.

5. Yellow 360 spyder going north on the edens around 3-4pm with the top down. I was heading south to downtown. Seen so many other Ferrari's and Lambo's in downtown I cant remember all seen a black gt3 heading down michigan ave to.

6. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Well, i was driving down Lake Cook rd and then onto Rt. 53 south and i spotted a new Ferrari, couldn't tell what it was??? Maybe a 456 or maybe the new 612??? I was able to get a couple pictures of it with my phone, not real good though... It also had a HOT babe driving it! Maybe that is why i couldn't identify the car??? Hahaha... Oh, i noticed it had a Lake Forest plate frame too..... Maybe it's someone's wife on this board??? I'll give you two thumbs up, for the Car and your wife!!! The car was a navy blue.. Here are the not so good pictures...

7. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    It's a 456 GT I'd say.

If the "Babe" driving it had long black hair, it was Claudine Minogue.

Her husband Jeff, bought it for her earlier this year.

8. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Silver 360 coupe heading West on Stearns in Bartlett around 4 p.m. or so 12 November. Nice looking vehicle! Was headed East in my P-car 928 S (giving it some MUCH needed exercise).

9. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    928 in Chicago, cool match given the movie Risky Business...

I think this 360 has been spotted a few times. No one has yet narrowed down who it belongs to our had the chance to tell him he is featured in the Chi-town section of Fchat.

RocketBoy

10. cubbyman60

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    I have seen people mention this before, but what about cards to drop on windshields or something to declare the spot. This would get the people to respond and get them envolved not only on ferrarichat, but also get them more involved int he community. I always see the same 360 and 308 in glencoe, and others in HP but I never get to see the owner. I think if we could get some cards or soemthing, the problem of not being responded to would decrease. Aight.

11. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Sure, we can get cards.

Are you making an offer to donate them?

Now we have cards so; what purpose do they serve that will benefit anyone; other than one's curiosity?? :)

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not a bad idea. I never heard of Ferrarichat until the previous owner of my car told me about them as he handed me the keys. To this point I can't say what brought me more joy, the keys or the discovery of Fchat.
    :)

13. cubbyman60

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    sorry, i kinda forgot i put up that idea. I would be willing to make them, but i would have to charge people who wanted to get some. If any1 is seriously interested I would be willing to inquire about designing some sort of functional card.

14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Saw what I thought was a black 575 beating a yellow Gallardo to the stop light on Roselle Road near Harper College. Was right about the Lambo but the black car actaully turned out to be the new Vette.

RocketBoy

15. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Microsoft Word has a built in function to make business cards. Avery (office supply stuff) makes Non perforated business cards, that if printed on a decent printer look professional.

16. Onesto308

Onesto308 Rookie

Jul 30, 2004
    NW 'Burbs of Chicago
    i've been seein that yellow gallardo alot lately. such a hot car. =]

My friend's dad has a black gt3, that is also a hot car. and i als found out some guy that lives like 2 blocks from me has a red 355 spyder. pretty cool!

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    It seems that,as the Driving Season has wound down,so has the "Spotted" Thread. Makes sense. But....No...Uh Uh....It is alive! ALIVE!!!!! I say!!!!

Today,we saw a Beautiful,Bright Red 512BB(i-?) headed Southbound on I-94 in Kenosha,Wi. at a little past 12:30PM. We were in my Wife's extremely dirty,Blue P.T. Cruiser,coming back from Milwaukee,and going to at The Brat Stop on HWY.50. The Boxer was directly behind us for awhile,then exited at the Exit before.(I gave a Honk,Honk!) Bright Red,Very Beautiful...I was envious...wished that I was in my Ferrari then!!!...:)

Henryk? Could that have been you? Down from Door County?

Also,saw a Grey,Bentley Continental GT on Meyers Rd. in Lombard last Wed. Nice looking car,but,from the side and back,a tad reminiscent of a Chrysler Crossfire,with that "Fastback" desgn....

And,met another Ferrari and F1 Lover at the Milwaukee Zoo Gift Shop,of all places. (Yes,we decided to postpone Arizona until it got warmer out there. Now it's Cold and Rainy....:( )

18. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    On the morning of the Dec 24th, I saw a beautiful silver/blue 360 zipping west bound on Palatine Rd in Hoffman Estates. This car might have been at the Tuscany show and it looks gorgeous.

I took the 575 out for a spin a few days ago, was it on New Years Eve that it was above 50 degrees? Anyway, I like to think I was the only Ferrari the Lake in the Hills McDonalds saw that day.

RocketBoy

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    David,was the 360 that you saw a 'Spider'? I was checking out the LFSC site,and noticed that they Sold a Azzurro California,(like a Sky Blue Metallic) 360 Spider recently.

Also saw that they sold the '83 red Boxer recently. That could have been the one that I saw in Kenosha,Wi...if it wasn't Henryk....

20. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Sorry Frank,

The 360 was a coupe. A couple years ago I saw a TDF blue 360 coupe in northern Barrington. There is a red 360 coupe in my parent's neighborhood along with an F40 in the one next to it. They are out there, problem is getting them to commit to Fchat or even informing them of it. Oh well, cars such as those require hefty work schedules to afford, so I don't blame them if their main goals for the day do not include trips to the Brat Stop. Although, it would be awesome to see our European racer Andreas skipping around like Schuey in a borrowed F1 360, Dave B comment on how the 360 engine works, Skip say how much he hates all new Ferraris... etc. Maybe one day the new guys will join us and it will be a fun day.

RocketBoy

21. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes, that would be awesome. At least for me...
    :)

PS: Did just that over the holidays on my XBox. Project Gotham City Racing II is addictive. Went already through an entire steering wheel combo, time to get a new one...