Anyone else pick up GTA: San Andreas ?? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Anyone else pick up GTA: San Andreas ??

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by damcgee, Oct 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    :D

i'm trying to remember if there were any hints apart from drive fast and clean.... i can't remember if this one is before or after a race where you bring your own car... i brought a truck or something, and when we got by the river all the other cars drove in. :)

there's some bike races too, and i was quite fond of shooting the opponents off their bikes. in the dirt ring i used the sniper rifle as they jumped over the start/finish area, and stole one of their bikes. the billy idol looking punker somehow elbowed me in the face and took the bike back though. :(

haven't used any cheats yet. wanna finish it as designed first. actually, i've never even looked up a single thing on this game, this thread is thus far as much as i've seen about other people's involvement with the game.

2. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    you up to the bit with sweet and stuff where it keeps saying take over more territory?

i think i'm up to like 16 territories, but yeah, sometimes it's hard to incite a turf war. usually i end up with the cops after me, and once i get 2 stars there's no turning back so i end up shooting down their choppers and stuff. i know i could duck into binco's and put on some shades or something, but it's usually quicker to die in a blaze of glory. :D

i will usually grab a few from my posse and drive around with them, that way i don't have to look around, i can just cruise and when there's rival gang members about they'll hang out the window and shoot stuff. i want like an APC or something though, coz i can command a group of 7 homies now, but they don't fit in my pimp'nwagen. :(

my idea is to slowly infect the other cities by transporting them by air and road to these brave new worlds. :)

3. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH

I found that once you get ahead of the other racers , to take your time and drive at a decent pace, flooring it in the straights and taking it easy in the corners(since the cars handle like crap anyways) .

Heres a good source of GTA:SA info - http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showforum=93

4. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Can a coach take more gang members???

5. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    The mission where you have to ride the dirt bike and follow the train so the fat dude can shoot the mexicans is hard... I can't beat it.

6. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah just focus on following the train. I found that most of the chase mission just requires you to keep up with what your chasing.

7. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Sorry, maybe this is a pretty stupid question :eek: but do you guys consider this game worth buying, when you already have GTA3 and Vice City like I do? I really liked those two games and I heard/read that "San Andreas" is even better so I'm considering to get me one of these soon... but is it worth it IYO? Maybe I'll better focus on (the totally different) Gran Turismo 4?

Thanks...

8. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No question....

BUY THE GAME

Trust me on that one....

9. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    :D I think I'll have it before saturday :D

10. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah you wont regret it all "homes"....(You'l get that one soon):)

11. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    my friend beat it last night, the last mission took him an hour and 10 minutes to complete.

12. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    DAMN!
    Only took me 20min!

13. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    LoL, he was chasing tenpenny for 20 mins he said.

14. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    All you gotta do is stay with Tenpenny....
    Untill you get to the bridge. Only takes about 10min MAX

15. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    :D I bought it yesterday! Looks great indeed!
    I've only seen a small part of it so far and already feel like I'm addicted! :D

16. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I'm still on Las Santos... Bored with it already... 16 days after getting it.

17. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    isn't it funny how we can get bored nowadays with a game that has SOOOO much variety and possibility, yet i recall being enthralled for months with games like Gyruss and Moonlander.

but as to the point... what the heck are you doing in los santos still? each "area" opens up SOOOOOOO much more that you wouldn't believe. a hint for the future... how many "flight sims" can you jump in a harrier jump-jet, and take over a gangland neighbourhood in? :D

18. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    was there any major fix to this, or is it just a matter of putting in the time to take over the werld?

i haven't had a real chance to play lately, too much time wasted getting micro$oft certifications... i mean how many languages do you need to know for the job i do? i can tell you it's more than the number of fingers you have....

19. jbtrader23

jbtrader23 Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    Los Angeles, Ca
    I didn't think the songs would be so catchy....."queen of hearts" is almost too catchy.

There are also alot of cool stunts to try. There is a huge jump in the northwestern part of Las Venturas high up on a cliff across a river (north of the dam). It takes a sports car to get across. Is it the biggest jump in the game?

20. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In reality, i should be still playing this. Im a little bit diaspointed. Not at the game. Not at me. Its weird. 3 years ago, i would have played this for 8+ months quite easily. But now ive moved on to NSFU2......

What the hell has happened?

21. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I reached a mission where you go out to the dessert to shoot down a few helicopters to retrieve the cargo from them. I was able to pick up a back pack. When wearing it, I pressed all of the buttons on the controller, and nothing would happen. Then I tried jumping off of a cliff thinking it is a parachute, again nothing happened.

Does anyone know what it is? How to use whatever it is?

22. Poweredbyme91

Poweredbyme91 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    Same here. I was playing the crap out of this game and then I picked up NSFU2 and I got back into PGR2 and I havent touched GTA since. I think I can only play racing games; I have a long attention span for them. BTW, I'll be picking up Gran Turismo 4 next month.

23. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Same for me as well, even though this was the PS2 game of the year I wasn't into it like the other versions. btw, GT4 may be out in Febuary but don't hold your breath.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=granturismo&message.id=52763

24. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I am so tired of waiting on GT4 to come out! Forza Motorsport has now been pushed back to April! Why is it impossible to correctly forecast a release date?!?!?!

25. Poweredbyme91

Poweredbyme91 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    Because of Bugs & Glitches. I heard there was some errors on the F-150 Lightning. What kind of errors? I have no idea. I'll check again. Nevertheless though, I dont mind them taking their time as long as the finished product is atleast 99.8% accurate and realistic. Unlike other games that get done in a hurry and have tons of glitches and inaccurate car specs. That reminds me, when I had Nintendo 64 I bought this game called Automobili Lamborghini which advertised as a simulation. Boy that game really sucked; everything was off. What a waste of liscensing. Perfect example.