wHo sAys yOu nEeD a rEaL fErRaRi tO pIcK uP hOt cHiCs | Page 6 | FerrariChat

wHo sAys yOu nEeD a rEaL fErRaRi tO pIcK uP hOt cHiCs

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LAMAROSSA, Nov 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. atheyg

atheyg Guest

I think their is a lot more of this type of attitude in some classic muscle car clubs and events than Ferrari clubs or events I been to, I had a 68 Corvette rag top 8 years ago and went to a few Corvette club events, the guys with the big egos had the mid 60s Vettes with the big blocks and thought they walked on water, the same with the brand new owners, but you'll find jerks in any makes club or event.

2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Sounds like a retard to me.

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #128 tbakowsky, Nov 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

You dont seem to understand. Feel free to leave.

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I vote to have this tread locked.

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Closed pending review.

7. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Review must have gone well!?

8. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    " I promise I will never die...."

from Team America, World Police

and, I just wanted to post in what will be a legendary thread. :)

9. Hemiragtop

Hemiragtop Karting

Nov 5, 2004
    Sorry to get off topic (Abusing Lamarossa) The whole mystique of the Muscle Car era was the fact that anyone off the street could buy a 400 plus H.P car relatively inexpensive, and still take his wife & kids around town, and on the weekends go to the track to drag race. Hemi cars and Zl1's are for more than your typical Cuda/Camaro, these cars were literally detuned race cars for the street, and today due to their limited production, are some of the most valuable collectible cars. The Hemi you have unfortunately, is not the coveted 426 Hemi, some people might not like the look and lack of "Pizzazz" that a Cuda might have, but to think 34 yrs later it's still very desirable and in 1/4 mile time trails it can smoke the majority of $250,000 plus Super cars. P.S. A 71 Hemi Cuda convertible recently sold for 2 million dollars, not bad for an old Plymouth.

10. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    JDSU once sold for $350+ a share.
    Those who think that 2 million for that car was a good investement should look at Goggle.

11. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Thought the thread was closed, but since it isn't, i wanted to reply to HemiRagTop:

Lamerossa is an easy target, perhaps too easy. But don't judge the entirety of this board, or its various facets, from one silly thread. Although i find it hard to believe that you would seek out "average joe's" with no "attitude" on a ferrari forum, there are plenty of informed, helpful people on this board, willing to answer technical questions, make good friends and reach out across all kinds of boundaries, real and figurative, to establish a sense of community. While your concern about bashing those less fortunate is admirable, if you really want to learn and engage, i wouldn't let lamerossa, or his detractors get in your way. You will find plenty of gearheads here, with a honest devotion to little red italian cars in all stripes and colors. Regards, and a qualified welcome.By the way, i grew up not far from Yenko, in Canonsburg, Pa. and overpowered American iron was a way of life; being a steel town, "furin" cars raised more than an eyebrow- ownership was equated with supporting Jane Fonda.

12. Hemiragtop

Hemiragtop Karting

Nov 5, 2004
    Whart, Thanks for the advice, and I agree this forum has been very useful already.

All the best,
    Hemiragtop

13. 19pSi

19pSi Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    Blah, lamarossa deserves this treatment.

Ferrari owners have EVERY right to ridicule this buffoon for bastardizing an MK3 Supra and try to pass it off as a Ferrari.

Horrible, just horrible.

14. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    This 10-year-old partly eaten grilled cheese sandwich recently sold for $28,000 because it bore the image of the Virgin Mary, not bad for an old sandwich.

15. Hemiragtop

Hemiragtop Karting

Nov 5, 2004
    Thanks, I can really see the similarities between the two???

16. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    It's hard to tell what ridiculous sum somebody will pay for something at some point in the future. I guess everybody values things differently.

Now I need to get back to work on my toaster with a heating element shaped like the Virgin Mary......

17. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH

Oh, that's bad.

18. teutonictrio

teutonictrio Rookie

Nov 27, 2004
    I've seen this character before - he has a conversion - I think it is a NSX, but not sure. You'll find his story, and pictures of the conversion, online. Nothing like a poser.

19. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Nope, that looks like Marylin Monroe

20. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You would have to give an "explanation" the price difference of a 308, 328, and a 288 GTO to a layman. Just because you can spot the difference from 100 feet that doesn't mean everyone else can. Don't forget about some F-car that is worth twice as much because Vinny Bombatz drove it to victory in the 1959 2 1/2 hours of Gary Indiana. Ease up on Hemiragtop he is not the target of this thread. We have lost sight of the goal. Lamarossa is a tw@t.

21. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    JDS Uniphase. Bad memories there :D

Google. I wonder when this bubble will pop.

Speaking of Google, typing in a ticker symbol takes you to a quickie Yahoo quote.

22. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think if you stay further north on the main page you will find the type of person you are looking for. The gloves come off down here in "Off Topic" and for God's sake stay out of "Politics and Religion."

23. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    his site is down

24. Schnelles Fraulein

Apr 1, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Schnelles Fraulein
    I don't post here regularly, and I haven't even been to the site in months, but today I decided to check it out and decided to read this post.

3 things:

1. this guy obviously just posts here to get a rise out of you. He seems to have put a lot of work in his car and is insecure in the fact that its really not a Ferrari. So he's trying to play with the big boys.. I find it funny that there are 8 pages of posts in this thread and only 2 are from Lamarossa. He posts something to ruffle your feathers and doesn't even bother to respond to you.. 8 pages later.. He wants attention, so just ignore him! I'm sure he'd go away once he saw no one was interested in him. I'd even sympathize with him if he wasn't such an idiot about it. When did cars become about picking up hot chicks? If he made a car like that just to get girls, he probably wasted his time.

2. Is it really necessary to attack the girls in the pictures? I'm sure if they were someones girlfriend and they posted a pic you'd all be singing a different tune.. I don't see anything wrong with them.

3. Someone made a comment about girls not knowing the difference between a cam and an air freshener? Real shady comment, and I feel sorry for the women in your life.. perhaps you need to crawl out from under your rock. But It's safe to assume you probably don't know the difference between a belly-button and a vagina. :)

25. WARDHOG

WARDHOG Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Bubbaland, USA
    Full Name:
    Disgruntled Dave
    No, it's got to be the shirt!