348 brakes | FerrariChat

348 brakes

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by fmomen, Nov 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fmomen

fmomen Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    india
    Full Name:
    faisal
    I need some help, please let me know the best Brake pads for a 348 and where these are available. I remember reading that the 944 ts brake pads fit the car, does anyone know. I m getting some binding of the front left brakes once the car warms up. Its noticible at traffic lights.

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    It sounds like you could have a calliper that is going bad. Try replacing the break fluid and rebleeding the breaks to see if that helps with the binding. Now if after you do that and you still have the breaks binding, then I would say the you need to rebuild your calliper/s.

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I use EBC Greenstuff pads, from tirerack. More dust than OEM, but excellent pedal feel and stopping power.

'90 348ts

-Daniel

4. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    i use Ferodo fds 451...i only drive 150 km with those...so sorry, but i can't tell you more about...

5. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    I'm with Ernie - sounds like it's more than just a brake pad issue. Pull the wheel and check the calipers. Good luck.

6. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    Hard to say diffinitively what this issue is caused by without inspection. Schedule inspection and diagnosis by a competent shop.

Yes, 348 and 355 brake pads front and rear are the same as many Porsche 911 and 944 Turbo applications. I actually like the OEM Galfer pads, though pricey from the dealer. Many pads are good for street driving applications, one I'd recommend is Porterfield R4S ('s' stands for street). www.porterfield-brakes.com

Best regards,

Rob