Coming to London | FerrariChat

Coming to London

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by speedracer5, Nov 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedracer5

speedracer5 Karting

Oct 15, 2004
    Northeast, USA
    Hello All,

I will be spending a lot more time in London this coming year due to work. So my question is to all you Londoner's is where should I look to live? Also I would like to buy a F430 to have while I am in London. Whom should I consider contacting to order the car from? I will be coming over either the end of this month or early Dec. I would like to contact someone to help me with my living requirements. Any suggestions? I have not been to London in awhile so any help is greatly appreciated. Need help with all the usual places to eat, live, shop etc.

Thank you for any help.

2. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I can feel another curry approaching!

3. BAD 130Y

BAD 130Y Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    R Koli
    Hey

If you looking to buy a F430 and want to be one of the first ones in uk then i suggest you should speak to Joe Macari. He has 3 F430 comming early next year. I have one comming from him as well, of course black on Tan. Of course they are alll LHD but so what.
    And as far is living is concerned anywhere around hyde park and surroundings of Kensington are a good bet.

Ciao

4. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
  5. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
  6. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Dunno if you're just a city-boy, but also consider whether country living might be for you as well- some of the more rural towns outside of London are very nice, cheaper, easily commutable into The Smoke, and will give you immediate access to great driving roads to enjoy your 430 on...

Most towns in the Thames Valley have lots of great restaurants, bars, things to do etc, but are mostly less than 1/2 hour by train to London.

Robert.

7. speedracer5

speedracer5 Karting

Oct 15, 2004
    Northeast, USA
    Thank you for some good advice. I will check out the dealers mentioned. Is there someone any of you would recommend I should contact to help me find a place to live? I have been looking in the Sunday issue of the London Times as well as FT.

Thank you for any help.

8. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi there

Dont know if you are looking to rent or buy but here are a few websites of good estate agents in london/uk

www.fpdsavills.co.uk
    www.knightfrank.com

also try
    www.foxtons.co.uk

they have a lot of stuff but watch them like a hawk!

And for general info go to www.primelocation.com and search in London

I would recommend Knightsbridge, Kensington, Chelsea is great. Also Fulham a little bit less expensive but nice too. Also consider Hampstead in North London and maybe St John's Wood. PM me if you want any help

mark

9. raks

raks Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    NW London
    Full Name:
    Raks
  10. speedracer5

speedracer5 Karting

Oct 15, 2004
    Northeast, USA
    Thank you everyone. Great advice. I will check out the sources all of you have mentioned.

Where would be a good place to rent a nicer car when I come in Dec?

Also, do the areas mentioned in London provide parking whether renting or buying?

Thank you.

11. twotoomany

twotoomany Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    David Higgins
    My father is having to move into a residential home due to ill health. His ex council house is for Sale. Its in East Acton on a large council estate in the same road as the Central Line, Straight into the heart of London. The house needs total "remodelling as you chaps put it. No garage unfortunately but the local lads would put a 24hr guard on it for a reasonable fee. The local "chippie" is surperb and reknown locally.
    Good luck with the house and Ferrari hunt.

PS the wide open space "the Scrubs" is at the top of the road. I feel imust also mention that Her majesties high security Prison is at the top of the road also. I would not mean to mislead you at all.

TWOTOOMANY

12. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    Dear speedracer5,
    You would be unwise to discount the Isle of Man in your search for a temporary home this side of the atlantic ..... property is expensive but values do not tend to fluctuate as per the UK.
    We sit amidst the Irish Sea, however regular flights throughout the day, will whisk you off to Stansted, Luton, Gatwick and London City airports within fifty minutes.

And now the good bits:
    We pay hardly any income taxes.
    We have a thirty seven mile public racetrack running right through the heart of the island (the world famous TT course)
    We have some of the finest scenery in Europe.
    We have our own government and currency.
    We are not members of the EU
    The women here are all gaggin for it.
    We don't have any speed cameras, traffic jams or speed bumps.
    Our houses and cars remain unlocked, day and night.
    Our children are able to walk to and from school, alone and safely.
    and finally, We don't have any speed limits outside the towns and villages ..... WHOOOPPEEEEE !!!!

13. BERTONE

BERTONE Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2004
    THE NORTH
    Full Name:
    ENZO
    And why not consider Newcastle upon Tyne, NOT least because its 300 miles form grimey London?

14. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    well at least the women there are all gaggin forrit too ???

15. BERTONE

BERTONE Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2004
    THE NORTH
    Full Name:
    ENZO
    If i didnt live in Geordieland id probably move to IOM!!!!!

16. speedracer5

speedracer5 Karting

Oct 15, 2004
    Northeast, USA
    Any good car rental agencies in London? I want to rent something fun while I am visiting and looking around. I have also been checking out cool places to have a drink and places to eat. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

17. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    speedracer, the sunday times travel section yesterday had a section on staying in london, might be useful, pm me your address & I'll send it to you.

18. speedracer5

speedracer5 Karting

Oct 15, 2004
    Northeast, USA
    Craigw,

Thank you. I bought it. Haven't read it yet but will today. I am also going to look at the property section as well.

I have been having trouble finding a better rent-a-car agency. Any recommendations? Once I have my exact dates I will let all of you know. I thank you for all your advice. I am also planning on contacting the dealers mentioned and visiting them on my trip.

19. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    enterprise rent a car have always been fairly reliable for me.

20. speedracer5

speedracer5 Karting

Oct 15, 2004
    Northeast, USA
    Well, hello everybody. I have been reading the Sunday Times on a regular basis. Interesting article about the property prices coming down in UK and more to the point London. Any thoughts from any or all of you? I also have been watching currency. Well not as nice for me about such is life. Any information on when the F430 is being released in the UK? I would love to pick one up to enjoy for the part of the year I live in the UK.

I also want to thank all of you for your posts. They have been very helpful. I will be arriving in London within the next 2 weeks or so. I am planning on visiting several pieces of property and a few car dealers to look at Ferraris. Do the airports rent luxury or sports cars?

Thank in advance.

21. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    Hey, mate I am a past Londoner. What are looking to find for living space over there? A flat, a house? What exactly? Are you planning on being in London over the Holidays? I am going early Jan. Lets chat. London is a brillant city. Have you been before? I think you will love it. I might be able give a little advice.

Cheers,

22. twotoomany

twotoomany Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    David Higgins
    What about my dads ex council house East Acton

23. EnzoEater

EnzoEater Karting

Nov 29, 2004
    Newcastle and Essex
    Full Name:
    Warren
    I love that comment

Driving and Parking all in the same bit, the two just don't go in London

I used to live London center for 2 year and I'm slowly moving north every year :D

Good Luck

24. EnzoEater

EnzoEater Karting

Nov 29, 2004
    Newcastle and Essex
    Full Name:
    Warren
    I really think you need to get an agent to look after you while your here, I had one when I first came down who gave me lots of advice and sugestions.

It's just a shame I never took them.

The last thing you want to do is drive a nice car round London asking for directions, use Public Transport and find an agent to take you round, least you know where your going.