Any Singapore Ferrari owners? | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Any Singapore Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by DouglasNg, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should we end it?

1. Lung will Break

2. MP will Break

3. The Singapore Thread will Break...END IT!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    Oh yeah the yellow testa...hahahah thought it was exported already given its infamous reputation hahahah pity the sod who bought it...thats the one Eugene wreked the undercarriage during a test drive around HSM heard half of the car was dangling over the drain...almost 60k worth of underside damage, sat in HSM for year and half no takers....wonder who owns it now.

Anyway Happy Holidays, going to Paris this weekend for the Ferrari parade, meet some business friends...cheers!

2. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    I think I know who's that Malaysian guy..His name is Rosedie and owns his own Ferrari/Porsche tuning shop in Glenmarie,Subang area..Name of the place is 911 Zentrum!! Ex-Hkg based, I believe and a devil on the tracks..he currently drives a 348 ..

3. ScarletFever

ScarletFever Rookie

Oct 6, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RB
    Lung - Didn't you post pictures of the very same Testa earlier in this thread? The car looked brand new and was dangling off the pavement over a drain. Really heartbreaking (and at $60k clearly wallet breaking) stuff.

4. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Ulitmo... i think u mixed up the cars. The one in the drain was a 512M that has been exported. The one which SF was referring is a TR disguised like an M and its still around. This belongs to (not sure if still same owner) the owner of Kah Soh Restaurants....famous for its Yu Pin Mai Fan.

5. fredgrisham

fredgrisham Karting
    BANNED

Aug 6, 2004
    Do you know that there is a titanium 2001 550 Maranello for sale by HS? What do you think of the car (lung, magicman etc)? I heard that the mileage is rather high. So, does it affect the car's export value?

6. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Didn't know about the 550. High milage? What do u consider high?

7. ScarletFever

ScarletFever Rookie

Oct 6, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RB
    Just noticed that Autobahn sold the 355F1 Spider they had and the 308. Does anyone know the details of the transactions/cars - mileage etc.?

Jon - do you have the details of the 355?

8. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    How long ago was it sold? I know that there is only one 355F1 Spyder left in Spore. The milage is like 4000km. I just saw it at HS 2 weeks ago. If sold...must be recent and I don't know the price.

9. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    #434 lung7707, Dec 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. fredgrisham

fredgrisham Karting
    BANNED

Aug 6, 2004
    The mileage is more than 23000kms, that, in my opinion, is rather high.

11. ScarletFever

ScarletFever Rookie

Oct 6, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RB
    Lung, they moved it off their website on Saturday. Had seen it there for at least 3 weeks, it used to be parked outside their showroom, saw it every time I went past.

Also, I heard that there is a silver 355B for sale. Friend of mine said he'd seen it in the papers, haven't checked though.

12. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    What year is the car? if its like 7 years old 23000kms is not high at all. In fact, if the mileage is like 5000kms I would be worried. It tells me that the owner/s have not driven the car...and thats a bad thing. Parts will harden and the electronics will start to fail. That is why alot of ppl say Ferrari breakdown alot...coz they are not driven. I use to drive my Testa everyday and never really had a problem with it. But when I first took it over, the previous owner hardly drove the car, he serviced the car only when needed...that was bad. It broke down so many times within my first 3 mths it was not funny.

I service my cars every 3-4mths regardless of mileage. i.e. I took over my 355 3 mths ago in Sept...its going in to drop engine this coming week. But then again thats me.

13. fredgrisham

fredgrisham Karting
    BANNED

Aug 6, 2004
    Year 2001. Clocking 12000kms a year is way too much for a Ferrari 550M

14. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    I still don't understand why its too much? What would u consider reasonable? Would I buy a 12000km/yr car? Sure as long as it has a good service record. Its no good if a car has 4000km on it and has not been serviced regularly. I think whats more important is whether the car has been looked after properly rather than just look at mileage.

15. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hi, I didn't know that 355 F-1 spider can be sold? I was quoted @ $480K!! It had a very high OMV of S$230K+/- & they claimed an offer for the body was made @ S$159K. Yearly depreciation of S$30K+ It's supposed to be a one owner car who paid cash for it from HS for S$780K then. I'd rather buy a 360 berlinetta with some spare cash for a Honda Jazz? :)

My 348 clock says 55K mileage(14yrs old) but it wasn't working when I had it! Indeed, the previous owner hardly used it and it spent more time in the workshop than I can remember. I've spent a lot of effort & $ to put it back running again. Now I use it on Sundays & occasionally evenings. I'm dropping my engine next year...huhhh it's just few months from now!!!

BTW, I saw a Carb 308 @ my mechanic's workshop for engine rebuilt.

16. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Oh yes, there's a nice silver 355B for sale @ S$230K+ (very near export value) with just 3 owners. It has a red interior! PM me if you are serious. Needs to renew COE to get a bank loan unless you have that much cash to blow! Anyone plan on visiting Clive on his Mondial Z project? I'll probably see him on Friday.

17. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Sorry cannot join u Jon... will be on my way to Tokyo Disneyland and then to Honolulu Hawaii....YES!!

I think $250 all-in for a 355GTB is an excellent price. U know the history? Last engine drop? Mileage? Condition? It can add up if the belts have not been changed (every 3 years)... about $9k for engine drop and belt change, etc. Check also if suspension bushings have been changed.... thats another $6k including shocks.

Of course the biggest problem is going to be the loan - if the buyer is not going to going to pay cash. Banks tend not to lend on "COE" cars...that sucks!! Whats worst is that banks tend to lend less than 5years or 3 years? and the quantum is going to be less than $100k (guess). So buyer needs to come up with $150k CASH!!!! I guess thats why so many of these cars get exported coz buyers cannot get loans. This sucks!! Which means to say if I wanted to sell my car now...its going to be abit of a problem. Sigh.

18. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Oh you'r e man! Disney, Hawaii yippee too bad not for me. I'm only going Bangkok next week. Call Chow, he's e one who told me about this 355B. Hey, don't scare e boys on loan. In fact, I believe you can get up to 100%+ loan if renewing the COE. You know, that fatboy got extra cash to use on his testa from bank loan!

I could get up to 85% for mine but e banker was 1 week late. Check with the private bankers & pull some strings, loan for less than 10yrs cars not difficult especially when it's a high value exotic. You have a good trip.

19. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Aiyah...if u dealing with Private bankers no problem lah. Chow was asking me for bank recommendations coz a potential buyer wanted a loan but couldn't get one. Maybe he was a hawker with no income tax proof....hahahaha. But then again... it couldn't be a hawker coz hawker would probably pay cash....hahahaha

20. ScarletFever

ScarletFever Rookie

Oct 6, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RB
    Jon - am leaving on a biz trip, so please do take some fresh photographs of the Mondial - the last set looked really interesting - looks like it is progressing well.

Lung - Echo your sentiments on loans! More so if you are not a Singapore PR/citizen. Having dealt with the banks on loans, they are a tough bunch to get money out of when you need it. Then when you have a cash balance and don't need it, they are more than happy to lend! Haven't dealt with the Private bankers, though. I would now probably pay cash (to the extent possible). Save the leveraging capacity for a mortgage and everyday car.

21. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Banks all the same...will lend money to people who dont need it. So u getting a car? or u already own one? or two?

22. ScarletFever

ScarletFever Rookie

Oct 6, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RB
    Lung,

Agree on the banks! Had some "experience" with them when I first got here. 0 cars at present, so have been renting a car on weekends. So far had no clarity as to how long I was going to be in Singapore. Came here from Sydney on a 2 year stint (that was 2.5 years ago). Have just been told, another 2 years at least. Love Singapore (and the lower tax rates vs. Sydney), so am looking at staying here longer than that.

Currently in the market for a sedan - probably a BM3 or 5 or an MB E Class (any views on one vs. the other). On the F-car side, am looking for a 348 Berlinetta (can't afford the 355s and 360s!). Waiting for Jon to upgrade :)

23. fredgrisham

fredgrisham Karting
    BANNED

Aug 6, 2004
    Let's have a vote! Given the choice between Bentley Continental GT, Ferrari 430 and the Lamborghini Gallardo, which one will you choose?

I think I would take the Bentley Conti GT as it is 4 seater as compared to Gallardo and F430, 6.0l engine, most BHP. Furthermore, it is more spacious and luxurious than the F430 and Gallardo.

By the way, the 612 Scaglietti is in the same league as the Bentley Conti GT. I have seen a dark red 612 Scaglietti in Singapore.

24. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Oh that's funny ;) Now, wasn't there a porridge king who had/still has one pony? C'mon don't you know more private bankers than me? hmm, maybe I should quit my job & learn char kway teow.

25. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Finally, made a trip to HS yesterday. On the way from AYE, a trailer was sending about 4/5 cars there, what a sight! All wrapped in white virgin seals. There was a 360CS in Red, 612, 575M, Maseratti G'sport etc. All the new cars went to 2nd floor for storage @ HS.

I spent 3hrs there! While @ e store, I counted 3 F-50, 1 F-40, 1 512M, 2 vintage & giant sized Maseratti 4 doors(had Aussie plate?), 1 Enzo, 1 Daytona?, 1 Lambo Countach, 2 Rolls+a bunch of others wrapped up. I saw quite a few 360CS @ the service bay & there's 2 355 Spiders! 1 yellow & another Red F-1(not sure if this was one @ Autobahn). A lot of 360, 575 & Maserattis.

Hey Lung, I like your challenge seats with the kevlar back! No work done on it yet.

Unforunately, I didn't get pics & can't post anymore cos I'm done with my quota. But I had a lot of own time to study the cars & engines since it was lunch time.

O yes, Ben was trying to convert me to a HS client & gave me quite an insight to their cars & workmanship. I found out that mine was e 1st 348 in S'pore & e only 1 converted with Challenge gearbox, wheels (wider rear), upgraded clutch etc. Will visit another day!