£3 million UK Ferrari 410 S for sale- | FerrariChat

£3 million UK Ferrari 410 S for sale-

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by tonyh, Dec 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  2. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    the car is 0598CM - the last of only three 410 Spiders built in 1955.
    i saw the car 4 years ago in the great collection of Engelbert Stieger in Switzerland.
    1956 in ran the 1000KM of Buenos Aires with Fangio but did not finish, then it went to the USA and was driven by Carroll Shelby and Richie Ginther, winning some local races like Palm Springs, Nassau or Riverside.
    the car was restored 1980 by Griswold in the states and later shown at Pebble Beach and Montreux.
    As far as know, it is still owned by Engelbert Stieger, who bougt it 1988.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    What a load of cr@p, regarding the servicing costs.

Just because the car is 48 years old and there are only 2 of them should not dictate the servicing costs. The car is an extremely simple car with a beam axle rear suspension, relatively simple v12 engine ... just like any other Ferrari of the same vintage.

****, I bet my local tyre changer could do an oil change and filter on her for $100 ... and a slab of beer.

Somebody has been ripping this fool for years ;) :D. The owner should look back at the servicing the car used to receive when it was near new ... not listen to these restoration companies who will go on and on about how it now takes 3 hours to remove one spark plug because their knees are knocking so hard.

Pete

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    LOL!!! agreed..but there is a bit of a liability for the shop if anything should happen to that cat while it's in their hands. Also..most parts for that car would have to be custom made..and that costs

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes agree if a part needs to be made ... like an engine part of something, or worse a gearbox part, etc. But just for normal servicing, assuming a proper professional restoration was completed (and thus all suspension bushes are new, etc.) should not cost that much.

Also every garage I know of stores YOUR car at YOUR own risk ... not theirs. I must say the road test would be one nervous exercise ... and this time I guess the apprentice WON'T get a go ;) :D

Pete :)

6. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Pete, you've got to remember that this article is in The Sun....not a paper overly concerned with accuracy. :)

7. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    You mean that all the parts on those page 3 girls aren't real?

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Remanufactured........sorry............

9. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    page 3 girls are DEFFO all there and real, Mr G ;)

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Good point! ... I should by now realise that reporters and truth only ocassionally bump into each other ;)

Pete

11. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

:D

12. gtofreak

gtofreak Karting

Nov 5, 2004
    Bonaire, N.A.
    Stieger sold it to Duncan Hamilton & Co. Ltd. early November 2004. It is now for sale at $ 5'500'000.