Visiting NYC on December 11th-where to go? | FerrariChat

Visiting NYC on December 11th-where to go?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by bludevil12, Nov 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Hey guys,
    I have planned a trip with the family up to NYC for the 11th of December. What places do you recomend to go to, for Ferrari stuff. Anyone on in NYC, that would want to chat, during the day? Is there a dealership in the vicinity? Thanks for the help...EC fo LIFE;)
    David

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Hey, welcome. There are lots of folks here who live right in NYC, so I am sure you will hear from them.

3. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    For Ferrari stuff like clothes, model cars, key chain, etc.... (assuming the Ferrari/Maserati showroom on park ave does not open in time), go to Exotic Car Model Gallery

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/33059888/new_york_ny/exotic_car_model_gallery.html?cslink=search_name_noncust&ulink=search__searchslot8_520__0_profile__1

Obviously, if we have an EC run, you should meet with us in the city.
    Best thing, your family and yourself should rent a 360M from www.gothamdreamcars.com :), the owner is part of da EC crew.

4. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    FweRrFF!

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
  6. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Sounds good, but we are only in NYC, as we have no way of transportation...

About renting from Gotham Dream Cars..hah...if I could get ohh 95 percent off...I think we could work out a deal;)

7. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    What kind of cars are they showing off there? Also, does Brad work in the city?..really want to see his car.

8. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Hey Blu - I cld get you a deal on a yellow Countach replica... j/k!

9. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Sounds like a fun trip. I am sure we will have a run sometime there or do one in honor of your visit ;). How long are you in town for?

10. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Brad and his black 360 live in LI.

11. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    I believe its only for a day.

12. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    You're gonna whip through NYC with the fam in one day?

13. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    My same question.

14. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    there's still Jersey, CT, and PA to whip through tooooo since they are such added benefits to living in nYC :)

15. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Thanks, Hubi. Yes, the tri-state area is teeming with things to do and see. Just NYC will put you into sensory overload.

16. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Yes they are. Gotta love the Hamptons, Pocono's, LBI, Syracuse, etc.

17. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Yea, unfortunately for only a day. We went up there last year for a 3 day weekend, and stayed right on Times Square, I abosuletly loved it. I really wanted to come back...also becuase I realized the amount of sick playaz in the area..;) So my mom got this memo from work saying there was a planned activity where you get on a bus here, go up there, do stuff there for the day, and then return that night on the bus...

Thanks for all the responses, definetly need to check out the Exotic car Model Gallery, is there a Ferrari/Maserati extension on LI?? Anything else going on that day, are you guys having a run?? Thanks again,

David

18. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    hey guys-
    Just firming up plans, we will get there around noon, and leave around 7ish. Hopefully I will be able to get to the Ferrari showroom, the Exotic Car model gallery and Manhattan motor cars. Anywhere else to go-anyone in the city that wouldnt mind meeting up?? Thanks,
    David

19. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    See if you can meet Ghost. He is world famous, and people come from all over the world for minutes of his time.

I wouldn't leave NYC without doing that. Would be a complete wasted trip, if you couldn't meet up with the infamous ghost.

Good luck with your trip. Stay away from the subways unless you want to smell urine all day.

20. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Where do you get off offering GHOST'S time?? Only GHOST decides who gets to see him. ONLY GHOST decides who is worthy. Watch that next time.

21. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Have a good trip! It is sad that you are in such a great city for only a day but it is better than nothing! ENJOY it as much as you can. Your plans should be pretty good. Manhattan Motorcars is a great place.

22. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Thanks for the advice, I plotted Manhattan motor cars on the map--looks right near the water?? Is that correct?? Out of the three places I listed, which would b the best to go to, if you could only go to one? Thanks!

23. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    My sincere apologies. I wasn't offering Ghost's time to anyone. I mean I am not even worthy to meet him. It would be fruitless for me to offer his time.

That would be like dodgeviper01 offering people time with Hubert, the uber pimp. That would be sacriledge!

I would never do such a thing. THus I carefully worded my statement:

I know Ghost doesn't see anyone he doesn't want to. I was suggesting that bluedevil try to meet him.

Again my sincere apologies, and hopefully the EC gods will not look down on me too much for my slip up. :( :(

24. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Manhattan Motorcars is the best hands down. You can see just about everything there short of a few supercars.

As for where Manhattan Motorcars is, I believe it is between 27th and 28th on 11th ave.

25. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Yea, thats the trouble...its not really close to any subway stops, and is out of the way in aspect to the main attractions IE: Rockefeller Center, 5th Ave, etc
    Is that area of town kinda shady? Have any advice? Thanks again