Ferrari Factory | FerrariChat

Ferrari Factory

Discussion in 'Canada' started by nicole, Dec 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nicole

nicole Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Nikki
    Has anyone been to see the factory? If so, can you recommend a nice place to stay there?

2. NOCAR

NOCAR Karting

Nov 5, 2003
  3. omer

omer Rookie

Nov 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Remo Di Vito
    Was their last year and stayed at Tre Vechi Hotel in Bologna. It is about 20 minutes away from Maranello. This hotel was very nice and right in the downtown of Bologna.

Restaurants and shopping in walking distance. Imaolla is approximatley 20 minutes away.

4. sers

sers Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    Ottawa
    Was there a couple of years ago. Never went inside the factory, but toured the city. There are lots of Ferrari related sites in the city of Maranello, shops, museum, restaurant. The whole city is based on Ferrari. It's definetely worth a trip.

While I was there, I saw an Enzo leave the factory. Also caught a 550 Maranello on the Pista Di Fiorano. Saw an old 166 Barchetta too. Very nice indeed.

5. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Let me get this straight....you went there.....and you didnt go to the factory? :(

Why, if you don't mind me asking.

6. Rolm

Rolm Karting

Oct 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    George
    Cause he was there with his parents and could not leave their side. Never forget Italy is full of kidnappers. The kkidnappers love casing the ferrari factory for rich dudes. I was told this by a very good friend that lived in the area.

7. anon

anon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    The factory is not open to the public right?

8. sers

sers Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    Ottawa
    If you are Joe Public, you can't get in the factory. However, I did get into the lobby. I think only dealers can organize factory tours, and even then, the dealer will only consider you if you own a Ferrari.

9. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Anyone can go. You just have to book it with the right people. My Joe-public-friend went there and that's all he did. But it has to be booked. I am sure there are areas that are only accessible to people such as dealers and good clients etc.

Vasco.R

10. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.

Really? This is good news. I had heard you needed proof of s/n to be invited to the factory. I also heard that Ferrari gave you the visit date, no exceptions.

Glad to know I was misinformed. :)

11. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Well, as I said. My good friend who does not have a Ferrari was there and at Lambo factory in Santa Agata in 2002. It was just a matter of booking.

I could be wrong, this may have changed since but who knows.

Vasco.R

12. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.

No, I believe you. Maybe a trip to Italy is in my future...