CGT Crash..... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

CGT Crash.....

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Mike360, Dec 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Worlds first disposable porsche????? :D

2. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

According to who? I know of 3 or 4 crashed Enzos, and this is the only Carrera GT crash I've heard of and it was crashed by some french journalist, not an owner.

3. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Wow. I hope that no one got hurt.

4. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No i dont think anyone got hurt in this one....

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Going fncken fast ... der! Miss judged the entry speed to a corner run wide and it is all on. These things happen. You do not buy (well atleast me) one of these cars to drive at the speed limit ... you buy them to push yourself and the car, that means finding the limit and sometimes you go over it ...

Not me ... I'm in the category that if you have not spun your car you have not driven it hard enough yet!

BUT I do not believe in risking old historic cars to that attitude ... they should be respected. A brand new car on the other hand is there to be thrashed and used as it was designed for!

Pete
    ps: Ofcourse all this performance driving should occur on a closed track ;)

6. K27

K27 Karting

Jul 10, 2004
    Vancouver BC
    Full Name:
    Lance
    just found out today that a local owner crashed his CGT in the city recently, apparently ripped the rear wheels off it on the central reservation.
    Seems too much money and not much grey matter, I mean what the hell was he doing driving like that in the city ??
    He obviously could afford to buy the local race track seeing as he's a billionaire.

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Money does not equal ability behind the steering wheel!

Never has and never will.
    Pete

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I applaud the owner. Drive it, break it, fix it, drive it. They're just cars. It's just money...

--Dan

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  10. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
  11. FIAutoSports

FIAutoSports Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2004
    Baltimore, MD, US
    Full Name:
    John Ritenour
    Maybe Porsche should have provided some driving schools for the buyers of the car. At least then they would know the limits and capacities of the car.

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Good idea.

I actually believe that Porsche do run these sorts of schools/things but it is 100% voluntary, and telling a man he cannot drive is equivalent (for many) to being told they snck in the sack ;) ...

Pete

13. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
  14. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    That is good to hear especially since no one innocent was hurt.

15. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    True that Mr. Woods....:)

Sorry just sounded cool to say for some reason. Ahh look, Max just arrived...

16. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    www.6speedonline.com is where I saw these pics at last week....I have a friend who just bought an '04 X50 TT coupe and is afraid to drive it until he takes soem high performance driving school course. I forgot which one he is going to but it is a great idea for novices or people who could use some great instruction....He drove his car for about 450 miles by teh time I went to his house to see it. Told me how fast it was and how he had it at 95mph like it was cruising 50mph. I took him for a 30 minute drive and he screamed like a little girl and was almost ready to sell the car once we got back. I actually felt bad but after he told me about the driving school I just may have saved his(and other peoples)life. We did'nt really go that fast,I think we hit 158 on the the toll road max:)

17. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004