FX Performance bilks me out of $150 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FX Performance bilks me out of $150

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by JaguarXJ6, Nov 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    me too.

next time I see you at CC, drinks are on me.

2. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah
    This is his M.O. He lies profusely. He lied to me and my wife countless times regarding the promised delivery of our car. It is amazing that I fell for his B.S. In the back of my mind i had serious doubts. He is amazingly convincing and i knew it would only be a matter of time before he buried himself. I tried to warn everyone by writing the administrator.

He burned his bridge big time at Ferrari of Orange County. Alan can shed some light on this subject. As well as the current 360 challenge team manager. Darious Grala has some things to say about him as well.

If you need the cash that bad I am sure we can all contribute t help you out.

Be thankful that it was not 25k or more.

Sunny[/QUOTE]

3. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Holy smokes (no pun intended) - I remember these threads. Were they both from FX too? Sure glad I didn't take my car there for the major.

4. costa

costa Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Costantino Bertuzzi
    Sunny,

I sent you the check right after the toys for tots to the address you emailed me if you didn't received it you should have called me . i never lied to you , i told you before i had it on my desk and i just forgot to mail it to you so if you didn't receive it yet e mail me the routing and you bank account number and i will transfer you the money.

The complains about my management at Ferrari of O.C. have no sense! My team won two years in a row the Ferrari challenge. Anything wrong with that?

Matteo, i'd like to meet you

Now, to all the others................. Merry Christmas, i hope to see you all at the Ocean front 21 in NB .

Costa

P.S. I am sorry i didn't reply before but i haven't followed the chat in the last couple of days; Byron told me about this thread tonight.

5. dprestine

dprestine Rookie

May 8, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Seems like a lot of unsubstantiated and one sided hoopla is to be found on this thread. Unfortunate to the extent it may be unsubstantiated and can have material impact upon the economic efficacy of FX Performance as an ongoing business. By example, a story has gone around that the 355 that was burned to extinction was the result of an improperly executed major service by FX Performance. In fact, the major that resulted in this unfortunate ending was NOT performed at FX.

I for one have been quite happy with the work they have done on 3 of my Italian cars, leave my cars with them without reservation and find they stand behind their work which is satisfactorily executed at a fair price.

6. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Thanks, Costa. You could PayPal the money back to me electronically. I will also e-mail you the info you requested so we can clear this matter up.

Sunny

7. alohamickey

alohamickey Karting

Sep 23, 2004
    San Clemente CA
    Full Name:
    Mickey
    I was planning on staying out of this, but I am glad to see Costa has a chance to respond. I am also glad to see an apology.

My company deals with about 1000 service customers a month and from my experience, although you would like to make everyone happy...bottom line is you don't!

There are three sides to every story.

Remember a customer is not happy to begin with when they bring in a broken car in for service. Even though we service Fords, I cant imagine the intensity and expectations of Ferrari Customers. Even though I am one, but My guys do my work for me. My Ford ones are high maitenance already.

I can see both sides of this story and hope it has a happy ending, but I would like to remind everyone that if you listen to any one customers unhappy stories from only one perspective, alot of us with companies will be put out of business. Look at the loss already to his business.

or just think how many of us would be DIVORCED if there was only one side!!

Please remember to be "FAIR AND BALANCED"

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Good to hear.

9. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hey guys,

I recently had some shock work done at FX. I called and spoke with Costa regarding general estimates prior to taking my car in. There were no stories, excuses or BS. The work was done as promised, on budget and in a timely fashion. I was and am extremely pleased.

Cheers, Hank

10. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah
    Well since you responded. I have to call you out in your continual BS Costa.

I know firsthand that

1. did not pay vendors while you were team manager at Vortex Motorsports
    2. cashed personal checks from the drivers and put them into your personal account.
    3. Stole numerous parts and tools from Ferrari of Orange County
    4. were fired and evicted from the premises.

This is not true Costa?

I dId not appreciate getting ****ed over by you and feel that I must warn the fellow Ferrari community about your talents. These are the facts Costa.

You had our car for over six months, you scratched the car to the tune of $11,000 in damages. You towed the car twice without my permission and cracked the front spoiler to the tune of $2600 in damages.

you lied countless times to me and my wife.

In court you admitted to not having a license to repair autimobiles and stated that you "did not need one because you worked for Ferrari of Orange County."
    Do you remember any of this Costa? Do you remember the Judge calling you on your lie and instrcuting the clerk to call FOC to verify this?

You Abandoned our car in Escondido after telling my wife that the car was completed and that you "needed to put some miles on it before you delivered it"

You changed your cell phone # and split town without anyway of getting hold of you.

I have some more info on you regarding your character and integrity but I feel they do not belong on this thread and forum. I am addressing only your propensity to lie, cheat and steal.

The Ferrari world is a small one Costa, and there is no doubt that your reputation is a good one regarding your ability to drive. However, your business ethics and practices are pathetic.

Happy Holidays to you too *******!

11. costa

costa Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Costantino Bertuzzi
    Paul,

1) Vortex motorsports was not mine but it was owned by one of the partner of FOC.
    2)I've never cashed checks personally from the drivers
    3)Ferrari of Orange County, up to now, never asked me about any missing parts or tools
    4)I haven't been fired from anybody and neither evicted from any premises: after we came back from the Ferrari finals in Italy where we won the title FOC decided to modify the racing department in to a show room that's why your car was moved to Claudio Zampolli while all the team was in italy. I don't repair cars, somebody else does it for me i try to find the problem and the mechanic fix it, i personally never worked on your car and you know it!
    You got the money that the judge told me to pay you back. I moved to La because i was starting Fx performance with Lucio and i got a new company phone .

You have my number, why don't u call me if you are so angry at me, i don't want to talk public about other business or other people and since it looks it is something against me , call me. Don't mention Fx performance, you are not an Fx performance customer .

take it easy bud, all this is ridiculos

PERIOD!

12. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah
    Actually, this is ridiculous. Your diatribe is sickening. I would not make accusations without sound imperical evidence. You know the truth. I hired a private investigator who interviewed many individuals that had crossed paths with you.

If anyone on this forum wants the details I will gladly share them.

You never paid one cent of the judgment against you. You ran away from it and your buddy Lucio paid it the day before your debtors examination.

This is a public forum, and your right I will never be a FX customer due to your history of chronic prevarication.

You never once apologized for what transpired in our transaction.

THAT SAYS IT ALL.

PERIOD!

13. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage

FX did NOT do the maj on my car ,, It was done by International Motorsports ,Newport beach a guy call Martin.

International Motorsports Newport beach, miss installed a hose clamp that, after about 600 miles chaffed a hole in a fule line that cought fire.

FX performed a new cluch and alingment and did NOT remove the engine in my 355.

thay did a 30k servive om my 348, that was done on time and at a fair price and that car never ran better since.

Furthermore, I just had my 355 spider serviced there and ageain, on time and at a better then fair price.

Mike

14. sportveloce

sportveloce Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2003
    The Aussie section
    Costa just a tip: update your profile its not helping your case, rather its providing some comic relief..

Homepage: "www.fxperformance.con"

15. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    #65 mike550, Dec 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. alohamickey

alohamickey Karting

Sep 23, 2004
    San Clemente CA
    Full Name:
    Mickey
    I noticed that too. lol

www.fxperformance.com Here's the right one

17. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    You did. Last Oct.

18. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Costa took a look at a few 355's I was looking to buy and didn't take a penny for it. When it was in his interest to have me buy one of them, he told me honestly to pass on it.

Costa installed my front skid pads for 40% less then another outfit would have charged.

Costa sold & installed a perfect condition used challenge-grill that he could have easily sold for twice the price. While the car was there, he examing the whole thing for my peace of mind....he even called a dealership and had his body-guy review some receipts...time spent all at no charge.

I'm admittedly new to the whole Ferrari scene....but thus far I've been happy with Costa. Being a business owner myself, I can understand how with so many things to deal with, it's easy to let sime things slip. I'm usually on the ball...but I've had a few customers call me up to remind me of something I've forgotten once or twice. The refund was owed, I'm glad it's been resolved.

No shop is perfect: Some people will swear by a shop, while others will swear at the shop.

19. costa

costa Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Costantino Bertuzzi
    Profile updated, thanks and......... sorry for these free gossips!

20. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    I was going to stay out of this, but after seeing some of the remarks, I've decided to write something. I must say that Costa is one of the nicest people I've ever met in the area. Many of the exotic car service/body shops tends to have attitude issues, but the guys at FX Performance have been extremly nice and easy to work with (plus great price and quality).

When I was getting my Camaro Z28 upgraded, I was hesitant to contact Costa, since it wasn't an exotic car... Prior to contacting Costa, I contacted Meridian and By Design, and those guys laughed at me, but when I called Costa, he didn't mind at all. On top of that, he quoted much better price and the work quality was superb.

I know several Ferrari collectors, and they all agree how nice Costa is, and how great job FX does. I am planning on getting an F-car or a Gallardo soon (around the Summer '05), and that car will be worked on only by FX Performance. Also I have two friends (one with 360 and the other with TechArt Porsche Turbo) sending their cars to FX after the holidays.

21. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Just to stick my two sense in, This personal issue should be handled off the chat site even though it is a public site. I don't feel it's fair for people to side with one another on line. We are a close knit group here in So. Cal. I personally don't get a kick out of hearing "bad situations" here. I personally think Costa is a great guy and Sunny I have met you before but don't really know you. I know your situation I've been there before (Not with Costa). But this site was to make friend not try to destroy people.
    I don't know, maybe i'm wrong???
    Just my two sense.

22. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
  23. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim

Yeah, I totally agree with Armen.

24. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Armen,

Squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they saying goes.

It is not my intention to destroy anyone or cause a divided camp scenerio amongst the So Cal enthusiasts and board members.

Yes, a lot of us act as a tight knit group. Yes, I truly feel sorry things had to escalate to this point. I too have known many of you, some well, for the last year and a half.

With that said, you don't mistreat "one of your own" without some sort of repercussions. Regardless of how I personally fit into the community, that is a hard lesson to learn and best learned early.

Sunny

25. sportveloce

sportveloce Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2003
    The Aussie section
    Costa I am not seeing the update my friend. Tut, tut, not delivering on your word.. (joke). Please god help Costa. A mod fix his profile.

Mike, you tried!

Lets hope F-chats cache is not being an F. lol

All this for 150 bucks... doh, I am on F-chat. I really should get back to those clients of mine... I just hope they don't squeak on me!