612 experience i'd like to share! | FerrariChat

612 experience i'd like to share!

Discussion in '612/599' started by Tubi, Dec 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    Last night at approx 10.30pm, me and a buddy of mine were driving down the A40 (West London, UK) in a Renault Megane approaching Park Royal when we were pleasantly surprised as a TDF 612 Reg Plate '918 R**' elegantly cruised on and joined us.

I must say it looked amazing TDF with tan seats and Xenons and although it was dark it looked stunning almost stealth like. Anyway, the guy was taking it easy and we slowly overtook him, at which point i gave the guy a thumbs up which he gladly acknowledged. He then came directly behind us and we switched of the music and wound down our windows in anticipation.......the guy then floored it quite aggressively past us and flew into the lane ahead of us......

Both of us were very surprised at our quiet the car was almost silent! we trailed the 612 knowing that a tunnel was approaching (near the Hoover Buidling) and again antcipated the guy flooring it a little so we could hear the engine...we gave him plenty of room but he was def using it as a GT and taking it easy!

Not even the introduction of a silver Porsche Carrera could provoke him into showing us what the 612 could do...he then disappeared towards the Greenford exit..

Sorry guys we couldnt get any pics, neither of us had a camera and the pictures on the camera phones are quite poor....It has certainly changed my view on the 612, having only seen it once on the road prior to this. It looks stunning and very elegant. If the owner/driver reads this cheers for being a good sport it was a good laugh!

2. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks for the amusing story. I too find the 612 to be an attractive car.

3. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    Stunning story! The first time I saw the 612 I said: this is the ugliest ferrari ever made, but know I see the car more and more and its a fncking cool car :D

4. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I must admit I find myself wondering why Ferrari bothers building a big 4 seat V12 coupe such as the 612, when they could easily fulfill their self imposed quota building the 430 alone. However, I'm mighty glad they do make the effort. I think it's one of the coolest cars ever.

5. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Is there much demand for the 612?
    They have a brand new one, complete with window sticker at Lake Forest Sports Cars in Illinois on the show room floor. You NEVER see new 360s on the floor, but a few 575s.

6. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    Never liked a 2+2 Ferrari but 612 changed my whole perspective. I have not yet seen the real one yet just from magazines, photos and website but I was told that there would be one coming alone this part of the world next month.
    Silver and blue are the most amazing on 612, IMO.

7. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    Hey i agree with your comments I am too starting to like the 612, although i think improvements could def be made to the front [grill] and also the side as it has a long wheelbase - other than that it is a beautiful car which is under-rated.

the best sight was when the 612 was in the centre lane whilst the Carrera was accelerating away in the other lane - thats when i wish i had a camera!!!!

8. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    My friend's 612 in Rubyno will arrive in January. So I hope to get a ride soon!

9. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    having seen one nearly every day over the last 6 months, i have gone from detesting it to genuinely loving it. my favorite colors are cano di fusile or black with a natural interior. it is a stunning car. the good thing about the ferrari 4 seaters is that they depreciate so quickly.....better for us second hand guys....!

10. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I've actually seen the same car twice now and it is not growing on me as yet. It looks like an Infiniti,Mercedes, Acura thingamajig design and someones head needs to roll over this. The overall size of the car doesn't bother me and I can appreciate that little throwback styling cue on the front fenders but overall this car is a melted bar of soap letdown.