Any Singapore Ferrari owners? | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Any Singapore Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by DouglasNg, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should we end it?

1. Lung will Break

2. MP will Break

3. The Singapore Thread will Break...END IT!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Jon, nice to know that my car is there...got a friend to send the car in for me. Yup dropping the engine etc etc. Am at Narita International airport at the moment...on the way to Honolulu Hawaii. Aloha guys!

2. chariot

chariot Rookie

Dec 10, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Ryan Chen
    #452 chariot, Dec 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. chariot

chariot Rookie

Dec 10, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Ryan Chen
    #453 chariot, Dec 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    What paper or magazine was it? I am on holiday at the moment so I must have missed it if it was recent.
    Can u snap photos of the ariticle and post it?
    Thanks and welcome to FChat,
    lung

5. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    Ah, messy messy week in Europe, finally found a usualble laptop.

The yellow stradale, i believe the number plate is something 999, used to be an ex convict, like to hang around and equally sleazy looking fat caucasian.

Cant remember his name, used to own a 355 with 512M rims.

Anyway with the passing of Legislation in France that allows the authorities to confiscate speeding cars and sell them off in Auction, alot of peopl i know are driving their more expendeble cars these days instead of the the exotics....

6. synergyx

synergyx Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Synergyx

7. chariot

chariot Rookie

Dec 10, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Ryan Chen
    Hi lung,

the yellow lambo murcialago article is from The New Paper. IF not wrong, the article came out early part of this year. not sure about the straits times's one (red modena n maserati) though, coz i've only read the yellow lambo one before.

oh, the pics i posted are from cardomain.com so i dun haf the articles. sorry bout that.

cheers
    chariot

(let's keep this Singapore thread 'alive and kicking' :) cheers! )

8. chariot

chariot Rookie

Dec 10, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Ryan Chen
  9. Spaing77

Spaing77 F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2004
    Johore..
    Full Name:
    War Zone Developer
    I know of the silver one at autoinc,
    and also the red one at Autobahn..

anyone know the historys on them?

10. fredgrisham

fredgrisham Karting
    BANNED

Aug 6, 2004
    Merry X'mas everyone! Have a nice weekend!

11. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Merry Christmas everyone!!!

12. Magicman

Magicman Rookie

Jun 30, 2004
    Singapore
    Merry X mas and happy new year guys!

13. absolut

absolut Karting

Oct 21, 2004
    merry christmas and cheers........ drive safe during the hols !

14. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Absolute.. have u ordered ur Tubi?

My car just came out with test pipes and a set of Challenge anit-roll bars. Awesome!

15. absolut

absolut Karting

Oct 21, 2004
    hey lung, how's hawaii ? must be awesome..

just got back i heard.... got my tubi finally and getting it installed on mon prob. they have been quite busy these few days..... so got to wait in line for mine to be installed....
    must get a ride from you soon.... heard your car 's fabulous... makes mine pale in comparison...

enjoy the hols and we 'll catch up soon...

16. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    We can meet up today if u like... around 4pm? call me!

17. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Yah...the car is in fabulous condition. Had to lower the front tire pressure by about 3lbs. it was over inflated in my opinion. The front was sliding out too much when going round a corner at higher speed. The higher pressure also made the front and steering more bumpy. Lowered it to 30lbs front and 29.8lbs rear. May be slightly too low but it works Its great now. I may be compensating the pressure because of the new Challenge sway bars. I will have to play around with the car a bit more to find the ideal setup for my driving style.

18. KevinMartin88

KevinMartin88 Karting

Sep 24, 2004
    Singapore

19. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hi, Merry Christmas & :) Happy New Year! Haven't been here for a while. Did anyone attend the Ferrari dinner last weekend? Lung, where did you get that sway bar? Is it within the cockpit or in the engine compartment?
    I had a lot of fun on the NS highway but not in my pony cos got to ferry family :(

Boy there was this tiny Malaysian yellow Kancil+big exhaust & I bet it's turbo charged. I was doing 180 & he's still tailing me & then wriggled into nowhere. I wonder what would happen if he spins...the tyres are so small. Can you guys share your experiences up north?

20. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Merry Christmas Jon!
    Was not invited to the Club dinner coz either 1. Did not get the info coz I was out of town - Hawaii 2. My record with HS still states that I am in KL. 3. I have pissed them off and they boh chap me - don't think so lah 4. Did not pay my annual dues - which is also true...hahaha 5. All the above.

I have had quite a few experiences driving up North. The two that immediately comes to mind is:

1. I was in my Maserati 4200 and was running side by side with a suped up Honda Integra Type R... 240-250kmh and he was still hanging there on the straight with me. But i would slow down, he would copy, and I would flick 2 gears down and pull away but he would still eventually pull up next to me when i relaxed.

2. The other incident was a "scary" one. I was driving at nite around 10pm going North. I would see these lights approaching fast from the 100 m away from me the lights disappear. So I thought the car turned to a side road or something. 15 seconds later the lights come back on and the car is like 3 meters behind me. What they do is that they switched off their headlights and appoach me at speed, There is no way I could tell there was a car behind. They kept doing that like 4 times over 20 kms. Really scary.

21. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    The Anti Sway Bars or sometime called Anti Roll Bars are one piece U shaped bars that are placed between the two left and right front and rear shocks. They are below the car. Most performance cars have anti sway bars.. ur 348 has them too. The difference is my new ones are thicker and stronger. So it "forces" the car's suspension to stay on the ground. The effect is a more direct turning action and also stops the car from leaning left or right when going around the corner at high speed. The down side is a harder ride when going over bumps.

22. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hi, you're onboard! Oh yes, I've heard about the "ghost" drivers. I understand they do that when they race so the police can't catch em. Didn't know they practice it on roads. Damn, which stretch do you find place to do 240~300? I've done up to only 200 but traffic would get in the way & I had to slam my brakes last nite when one idiot cut in front of me just 50m away when I was doing 160 while he's probably 120. Missed by 2m?

My friend claimed a 300km/h on a stretch near Ipoh while in a souped up WRX. Has anyone tried the scenic east coast roads of Malaysia?

I like the "bars" over the engine of the Murcielago. Looks like a cage holding the chassis & engine together in carbon fibre.

Do 'we' have to pay membership fees?

23. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    The "bars" over the engine are stress bars. They hold chasis together when the body flexes around bends and at high speed. U will see it alot on Rice Burners as their bodies are more flexible than continental cars.

Membership fee is S$250/year.
    U get a cap, T shirt, invitations, etc.

24. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    There is always an unwriten rule that is no matter the temptation never stoop to play with ricers or souped up japanese scrap metal. Owners of exotics are deemed to be more intelligent and mature than to behave irresponsibly.

Beside why waste patrol racing with inferior machines no matter how fast they can go? I always have problems in france with hatchbacks tailgating my merc, i never bother, in fact i prefer to make use of the brakes.

25. 325Ci

325Ci Rookie

Nov 2, 2004
    Singapore
    hiiiii guys,

found this great forum here. :D btw just wanted to let you guys know that i've set up a local car portal for singaporeans! check my profile out for the link..

i sincerely hope you guys can start a "ferrari sightings" thread of sort there! would add lots of flavour as these are a rare sight in Singapore!

many thanks again and hope to learn more from you guys.