Model shop in NYC/Manhattan | FerrariChat

Model shop in NYC/Manhattan

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by ForzaMe, Dec 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ForzaMe

ForzaMe Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    I remember visiting some shop in Manhattan a few years back that had a bunch of racing stuff- books, videos, F1 team polos, model cars, signed racing helmets, office chairs made of Recaro seats, that kind of stuff, does anybody know what that place is called?

Also, when I was there a few years back, they had this stunning Rosso Corsa F355 Berlinetta model, it could probably fit in the palm of my hand and was in this glass case. It looked like the real thing, just like the very first one I saw in Aspen, I remember just staring at it, totally amazed that this model looked like the actual car. Anyways the salesperson there said that the paint that they used on the F355 was used on the model and was handmade in Italy. I didn't buy it at the time because $200 or whatever it cost sounded like too much for a model. But now I think I want it. Does anybody know what company makes this?

2. jef

jef Rookie

Sep 1, 2004
    The shop is likely Exoticar on 48th and Park. The model is most likely a BBR ; those are usually in a glass case by the door. If they don't have it, the BBR 355 should not be hard to find.

3. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    I looked for the store over Thanksgiving and didn't find it where I last remembered it. Knew it was on Park Ave, though it was between 60th St and the Mercedes/Maybach dealer. BTW, the new Ferrari dealer is across the street from the MB dealer. Maybe I didn't walk south enough blocks!

KevFla

4. ForzaMe

ForzaMe Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Oh cool, thanks for the info!