MORE Karting Fun, TONIGHT, Wednesday 12/22, 7pm | FerrariChat

MORE Karting Fun, TONIGHT, Wednesday 12/22, 7pm

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by f355spider, Dec 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Well, Saturday's karting "practice" was such a hit, I have had several requests for a repeat...so without further ado...Tonight, 7pm at the Seattle Champs Karting location. Directions can be found here: http://www.champskarting.com/

Don't forget they have food/drinks there, so you don't have to rush home and eat first....

See you there!
    Dave Handa

2. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Dang! To many miles and to short of notice..
    I was there for only one Race Saturday and
    left with that unfulfilled feeling… Great Fun!

Good to finally meet you Dave.

Chuck

3. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Same here Chuck...we have our "official" karting race coming January 29th....see if you can make that.

Dave

4. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Bump to the top...

5. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Too short notice..............give me at least ONE day! ;)

6. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Kuzi, you missed out man! I ran 33 second laps all night in the STANDARD kart.

7. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I did!......Oh well next time. Those "times" are awesome!

8. Oblio

Oblio Karting

May 9, 2004
    Puget Sound, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd R
    A bit short notice for me in this holiday season. Hopefully I can make some of the next sessions after Dec 30.

9. Mondial2

Mondial2 Karting

Jan 23, 2004
    Did you guys have problems with the karts bouncing around through the corners? I went to Champs in Seattle with a couple guys from work on Friday, and we left after only one race because the karts were so hard to drive. Were the tire pressures too low? Is there a different driving technique required? Is there some secret to making them corner smoothly, or do you just ignore it and keep driving?

Thanks,

Mark

10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Are you bouncing around through ALL the corners? If so, that's definitely a sign of a bad kart... broken suspension or more likely flat tire(s). There is one particular turn (after the long straightaway) where the pavement is broken, causing the karts to bounce. Go back and get a better kart. I'm curious to see your time(s) at the Seattle track. Time to whip on these Alfa boys.

11. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones

Watch it there Andrew!! ;) We'll see which club is the fastest. The NWFCA has a slight advatange since you guys get lots of carting time in, but we have more track days and more racers in the NWARC. I'm looking forward the this event and the outcome.

12. Mondial2

Mondial2 Karting

Jan 23, 2004
    Three out of the four of us complained about the karts bouncing in the corners. Mine was so bad my knee was banging on the steering column, and I was paying more attention to holding my knee away from the column than where I was going. Plus the battery died about four laps before the end of the session, so all I could do was try to stay out of the racing line to avoid getting run over.

The guy behind the counter apologized and said they were planning to get new karts as soon as they could afford them. However, they still charged us for the race. We left without bothering to look at our times. Needless to say we were not pleased with the experience!

Mark

13. Rosso360

Rosso360 Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    are these carts made in Italy? :)