I just bought an 05 Mustang GT | FerrariChat

I just bought an 05 Mustang GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by -FROG-, Dec 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    WOA!!!! What a GREAT car! I can't stop smileing! Deffinately a good bang for the buck.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The looks on them are great! Haven't analyzed the stats yet or driven one.

3. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Yea, I have always like the "Fox Body" Mustangs and never was too excited about the newer body styles, untill the 05' came out. Really looks good in the 60's style lines. Seems most guys on the "Mustang Corral" board are getting 13.50's and 13.70's in the 1/4 mile at the track. My last daily driver was good for 13.90's and this one does feel a little more peppy, so I say it's a good mid-high 13 sec car. Scratches through 3rd and havn't done anything to the car yet so there is alot of potential in that 3 valve motor. It's a daily driver so I can't be too crazy with it but a K&N cone and pulleys are first on my list. And it gets about 19MPG in the city and about 24MPG on the highway.

4. Coujer

Coujer Karting

Jul 19, 2004
    Carmel, CA
    Full Name:
    Laurent C. Richard
    Yeah I had a 97 GT myself, use to go to Sears Point every Wednesday nights when they had the drag strip open. Did a few SCCA events too. Loved that car, had tons of mods on it. I got to test drive a white 05 GT the other day that was at Hollister Ford. What a great car, alot of fun to drive and great bang for your buck. Just wish my lease was up and that I didn't have a 4 hour commute every day. Maybe soon enough after I get a 512 TR off course. lol

5. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Congrats! The new one is a hoot to drive.

6. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Post a picture of it!

7. 550Maranello575

550Maranello575 Formula 3

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    My neighbor just bought one too. I didnt like them at first but after I rode in it I had a whole new opinion.
    Those are Sweet, Congrats on your car!

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    as a former fox body lover/hater/put up with her type of person, I am wondering, how does it feel when it does that other thing, you know... turning.

9. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    #9 Auraraptor, Dec 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I love the outside, and was extremely dissapointed when I was given the opportunity to sit in one. The dials and guages are extremely cheap, the numbers on the speedo (retro throwback-look) are almost unreadable. Also, the continued use of a live axle is stunning to me. I guess they have to keep the cost down somewhere...

11. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I think they are OUTSTANDING in the styling. I think Ford hit a grand slam with this one and I'm not a big American car guy. Even I would like to have one!

I've read the only slam against it is the steering is a little numb, so much so the handling is somewhat affected. Is that true?

Are they selling for list , over or at discount?

I adore the driving lights in the grill, that makes the car.

I think the styling is almost perfect except the rear quarter window looks a little awkward in light colored cars. Very minor complaint, and in black cars I think it looks fine. I think it has to do with the black surround or the edge treatment makes the window surround too heavy.

12. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Personally, I love the interior, but I have not sat inside one too comment really. (just seem pictures)

13. PrancingHorseFan

PrancingHorseFan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    delaware
    congrats, post some pics!

14. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Good job!
    we need some pictures

15. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I'm probably going to buy a V6 with a 5 speed in January. The GT is $10K more up here in Canada....and the 200+ HP of the six is good enough for me. For $25K CAD you can't get more bang for your buck. With a discount as well !!

What a gorgeous car....biggest dilemma I am a having is picking colors. It'll either be white with the red interior or blue with black. In either case I am going to get the dual Shelby stripes custom painted in red on the white car or white on the blue one.

16. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    #16 -FROG-, Dec 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    These are all the pics I have for now.... I know they are freaky...don't ask.

Take a look at this link and see a bunch of AWSOME 05's.
    http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/SEMA04/mwsema04.htm

About the handeling.... DAM! It too, is amazing. Ford deffinately did this one right! I have let about 18 people drive this car in the last 2 days. I have a loaner 05GT for now since mine was being shipped in. I got a call this afternoon and it's ready, so I won't be playing as hard in MY car. I got to do alot of playing and hard driving in this laoner! :D Thanks for the compliments! -Paul
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Congratulations.

18. JohnH

JohnH Karting

Dec 31, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    John H.
    Car looks hot. I love the new Mustang

19. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Paul, really nice........ i have always wanted a 67 to 70 fastback 4 speed. i REALLY REALLY like the '05 and i am NOT A FORD GUY! the Z28 and Trans Am are dead. at least there is something on the new car scene that is cool and affordable. cheers, Michael