Bit Torrent?'s | FerrariChat

Bit Torrent?'s

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ike, Dec 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I got another Bit Torrent program. This one hasn't messed up my computer yet. I am downloading a fifth gear episode. It has been going for about 2 hours and is only 70% finished. Are these things always this slow? I am guessing it depends on other peoples computers and not one server. Three of the ones I wanted have been going for about the same amount of time and are only 1 and 2 % finished.

2. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    There are minor tweaks you can make to the program parameters to speed things up. But in general, yes, if it's a big file then it takes a long time. Movies take days--they're about 2 gb. Of course it also depends on the number of people streaming the stuff out (the number of torrents), and your download speed as well.

3. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Thanks.

I wish I could find another site that hosts them. Lately the only place I found was flixvault but they are not entire episodes.

4. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Yeah, it killed me when they took suprnova.org off the web. I had had my eye on lots of goodies there, but never got around to it.

5. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    AKA Spicy Butt??!!WTF

6. vijen6

vijen6 Karting

Oct 21, 2004
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Ben
    where are you dl'in from?

I used to go to suprnova alot but since they are shut down now, the only place I have is somethingawful forum, but thats gone by jan 1rst.

btw, when i dl fifthgear from something awful, i ussually average 100+ kps.

7. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
  8. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    btsites.tk