456's available? | FerrariChat

456's available?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by AGSPerformance, Dec 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AGSPerformance

AGSPerformance Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Seattle, WA.
    Full Name:
    Tyson J. Spring
    Anyone know of any nice, reasonable mileage 456s for sale right now?

Thanks!

Tyson

2. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Drop in on Ferrari of Seattle and ask them. Not sure what you think reasonable mileage is, but I just traded in a 2001 with 27K miles. It's just barely broken in at that mileage, and I've definitely worked out the bugs in the beast. I loved that car, and highly recommend a 456 to anyone. And you can't do any better than buying it from the guys at FofS. They'll only offer you the best, and stand behind the car they sell you and support you in your inevitable times of needs (it is a Ferrari after all).

3. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    I think that Tyson is in the car business, and not likely to make any money if he goes to FoS.

A little off topic, but Tyson is your online name meant to be a joke or serious, if it is serious you might change the spelling from PerFROmance to PerFORmance.

Just a thought anyway.;)

DC

4. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    DOH!

I hate it when that happens.

Classy approach. Bodes well for his other business practices.

Sort of creeps one out, don't it?

5. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    I don't think he was meaning to be sneaky or anything. I am not offended if someone asks that type of question here. Did I miss something sinister in his message?

Dave

6. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    A-okay with me...Tyson has made no secret that he is a dealer, and has posted serveral times in the past. He was previously poked fun about his list name too... ;)

Dave

7. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Here ya go....'01 456M GT Grigio Ingrid w/Natural (Dark Saddle Tan) and Matching Upper Dash, Daytona Seating, CD Changer, Luggage, 10K miles, Purchased and Serviced at Ferrari Beverly Hills, Two Local Owners, Books, Records and All Services Complete.

8. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    If one were a dealer and trying to find a nice 456 for a customer, where better than to start the search, but F-chat?? People here tend to care for their cars and have a better knowledge of where nice cars are.
    As Dave said, Tyson doesn't try to hide the fact that he's a dealer. He does as much as he can to support gearheads, sponsering car shows, throwing parties, and doing whatever he can (to help me at least). He is far from a slimy car dealer; I've been a friend of his and going to his shop without ever having him try to sell me a car.

and as DC said, change your screen name!!!

9. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Would have been real easy for him to say somethign like "...i'm looking for a car for a customer..".

I don't pay much attention to the names or history of posters like many of you do, so when I saw an individual post a request, I assumed it was an individual request, not a professional request.

I'll bow out now. clearly not meant to be a part of a web community.

10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Eric,
    I hope you don't leave! But I do agree with you, that Tyson might have done better to more clearly state his intentions, since not everyone reads every post and thread on this site....

Dave

11. Rosso360

Rosso360 Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    I got your message from the get go (Me and Stockpro did anyway). Bravo for calling the situation for what it was. A dealer looking for a car for a customer....plain and simple.

Apprecitate your input here and at the F-car events. Thanks for making me feel welcomed... when I too have felt like an outsider.

Besides...my 360 is sooooooooo close to the colour of your 612. :D

12. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    Hey, gee whiz, I hope we (I?) didn't rile anything up here. The nice thing about us NW'ers is that we are nice to each other. Even out in the other areas we are polite. The problem with text is that nuances of conversation can be incorrectly tranmitted and received. I think the future of internet communication will include video and voice, then we will be able to eliminate these irritating miscommunications among nice people.

DC

13. macassini

macassini Rookie

Mar 14, 2004
    Seattle Metro Area
    Full Name:
    M. Cassini
    I agree with Rosso360 (and Stokpro) on this topic!

14. AGSPerformance

AGSPerformance Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Seattle, WA.
    Full Name:
    Tyson J. Spring
    My apologies guys.....
    Thanks for the input.

15. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Tyson has bent over backwards on some things for me... he is one I consider a friend...... I'm with you Eric.

nuff said.

16. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    There is a very nice 456 for sale at Ron Tonkin GT in Portland OR. I believe it is one of Ed Tonkin's personal car's. Very nice and well kept. (of course). Worth a look. 1-877-840-5146. or RTGT.com

Cheers

Kurt

There is nothing like a Ferrari, there never has been and never will be!

17. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    How much are they asking for that car these days?

18. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    I don't know, I did'nt ask them. Sure is a nice car though. Wait a sec....going to web page........

Web Special Price: $134,890.00
    (expires: 09/01/2005

This 1999 Ferrari 456 GT is a true four seat coupe with classic Pininfarina styling.

This outstanding 1999 Ferrari 456 GT with only 5k miles is California Blue with a Beige leather interior. Options include a colored upper dashboard and colored steering wheel. This car is in wonderful condition inside and out.

The engine in this Ferrari 456 GT is a 5.5 liter V-12, producing 442 hosepower. It is coupled with Ferrari's world class gated 6-speed manual transmission.

Our service department at Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo completed the 30k belt service in January, 2003.

The sound system is a Becker Silverstone 6-disc CD changer with a Clarion Power Amplifier. All books, records, keys, remotes and tools are included.

Meticulously maintained both mechanically and cosmetically, this 1999 456 GT is extremely nice throughout and needs nothing.

For more information or to schedule that test drive please contact Steve or Larry @ 503-255-7560 or 1-800-547-4455.

19. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Wait long enough and it will come down more. They know how much it's worth, they just need to prove that to Mr. Tonkin.