Introduction... | FerrariChat

Introduction...

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by PJH, Jan 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PJH

PJH Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Paulie
    Folks:

I'm new to this thread and would just like to introduce myself. I live in Northern NJ and currently in the market for a 360 Spyder (01-03). Currently driving an 05 Porsche 911/97, which I like, not love and hence the move to the Ferrari. I've posted this in the general thread, but does anyone here: a) know of a decent Ferrari dealership in the area and b) know of anyone looking to sell a Spyder.

Thanks,

Paul

2. Johns

Johns Guest

Nov 2, 2003
    nj/nyc
    Full Name:
    Johnny East
    welcome, is ur 997 silver, ive seen one around town :D

3. f1f355

f1f355 Rookie

Aug 2, 2004
    holmdel, nj
    Full Name:
    louie devito
    hey paul welcome. i have a 2003 spider silver w/ full bordeaux ( red ) interior. 6 spd, front challange grills, shields, tubi, 3m protection and subwoofer from the factory. i'm the original owner w/ 6700 miles. i have all service records. was bought from ferrari of long island in may, 2003. louie

4. udalmia

udalmia Guest

PJH, I know of a Yellow one for sale at Ferrari of Central New Jersey, I think 196 miles or something of that sort. PM me if you're interested!

Welcome to the board, I live in Fort Lee, I have a Titanium Challenge Stradale which is also for sale if you are interested

5. PJH

PJH Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Paulie
    John: mine is seal gray, which is close to silver but a bit different.

6. PJH

PJH Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Paulie

Definitely interested...do you have pics?...I'll PM you.

7. JohnH

JohnH Karting

Dec 31, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    John H.
    I would go with Uldamia and check out Ferrari of Central JerseyI know they have two spider..One that Uldamia describe and another one with a stradale exhaust on it. How seriously are you in this purchase BTW? You just picked up a 997 and want a F-car now? Maybe you should have skipped the 997 then as if you trade that in you are going to take a hit from it.

8. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    ...with that said I think there are a few folks in the EC that might be interested in your 997 if it is an "S" and well equiped. Let us know what you decide to do.

9. JohnH

JohnH Karting

Dec 31, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    John H.

Oh Snap..is Eric looking to trade up? hehe..

10. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Nah, not for me...I'm lookin' to add to the stable but not in the case of this particular 997. I do know of a couple EC F-car owners looking to "trade up" to the 997 though! Yeah baby...yeah! ;-)

11. JohnH

JohnH Karting

Dec 31, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    John H.

Ok..you are going to have to give names...

-John

P.S. GT2 all the way...I give respect to anyone driving that car...Was going to trade up the M5 for it...

12. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Sworn to secrecy bro...can't talk about it. :p

Yeah, the GT2 is quite a machine and Whart here on the board said himself that it was the one of his all time favorites (the man has owned every Ferrari). I can't wait to see the 997 Turbo...that very well may be an addition to my stable in the future. We'll see how it turns out...

13. JohnH

JohnH Karting

Dec 31, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    John H.

Kewl..I hope you get it too..Ok I think we hijacked this thread enough..

14. PJH

PJH Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Paulie
    Yup, the 997 was more of an instinct buy rather anything else...owned a C2 996, decided to upgrade, drove the 997 and bought it on the spot...now 2 months later, I'm bored...so yes, serious about the purchase, just a dummie move on purchase on the 997, but live and learn.

15. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Yep...enough said. Speak to ya later bro...

Now back to the topic of this thread... :)

16. PJH

PJH Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Paulie
    Not an "S", but very clean, very well equipped and with 1800 miles on her.

17. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Echo-ing the sentiment:

- Welcome

- Go check out FoCNJ. Ask for Chris!

18. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    welcome aboard pjh.

19. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    yeah that pcars are boring and for wussies.

happy new year eric!

20. JohnH

JohnH Karting

Dec 31, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    John H.
    I second that...But I'm still curious why you would have picked up a P-car and then suddenly want to switch. Did you get a chance to drive a 360 before or were you always a P-car fan? From what I know the 997 is exactly the same as the 996. Only the 997S was different and much better.

-John

21. PJH

PJH Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Paulie
    Just a simple case of being bored with Porsche...I've owned Porsches most of my adult life, but always dreamed of owning and driving a Ferrari....nothing more complex than that and being a true hedonist in every sense of the word, why would I fight it?

I don't hate my 997, I just think I'm ready to graduate to something new.

22. PJH

PJH Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Paulie
    Thanks Black...sent them an email last night, so looking forward to a call from them sometime today...thanks again, Paul

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Welcome Paul. Look forward to having you on the forum. Good time to pick up a Spider.

24. JohnH

JohnH Karting

Dec 31, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    John H.
    I was also wondering what color you looking for? and your price range. Need to know how much you willing to drop. Like what I said from my previous post Chris from FofCNJ is da man. You can't go wrong with him or that dealership. This is from personal experience..

-John

25. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Yup, I've sent Chris an email with Paul's details, he said thats the best way to get in touch with him while he's away, hopefully we'll have another spider in our crew! that spider with the stradale exhaust is a great combo