348 starter motor removal | FerrariChat

348 starter motor removal

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by dpsuk999, Jan 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    A couple of times last year I had a problem starting my car straight away after stopping or within say 5-10 mins of stopping, each time it happened was when the engine was hot...dont have any problems at all starting when engine has cooled down or cold. Been told is is more than likely the heat which is causing the starter motor to stick so im looking to remove and get re-conditioned (hopefully with the removal of cats and tubi fitted in feb will reduce the amount of heat anyway)

firstly has anyone removed their starter motor? Ive got the parts manual and looks like only 2 bolts to remove, is it that simple? can i just remove them and pull the starter motor out? or will i have to remove the exhaust to get access?

secondly can anyone recommend a good place to take the starter motor to to re-conditon, preferably based in the yorkshire region? maybe strasse?

any pics would be good also

Thanks, Dave.

2. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W

Dave,

Try this link....http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41456&highlight=348+starter+removal

3. 95AgSpid

95AgSpid Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    You may also be suffering from the 348 hot flywheel problem. You will have to either repack or replace the dual mass flywheel to resolve this problem. There are a lot of posts on this topic although the starter motor is easy to remove and rebuild.