Most Impressive Sounding Exhaust Brand | FerrariChat

Most Impressive Sounding Exhaust Brand

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ferrari Mackintosh, Jan 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari Mackintosh

Ferrari Mackintosh Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2004
    N/A
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Enthiusiast
    Please give me your opinions on the best sounding brand of exhaust. So far the most impressive aftermarket exhaust clip I've seen is the one with the Kriessieg Lambo Countach (FULL BODIED AND SAVAGELY LOUD). Nearly every other exhaust brand sounds hollow and rattly to my ears, especially Tubi.

DON'T FORGET TO POST YOUR SAMPLES/CLIPS

-------------------------------------------------

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i don't have any clips or links to clips, but Tubi is my favorite... i have a Tubi lapel pin that was given to me and i wear it often, with pride... Tubi should release an album... The sounds their exhausts make are so wonderful, so symphonic, so beautiful to hear...

Bruce's Testarossa sounded awesome with a Tubi on it... Gus' 328 sounds like a whole new Ferrari with a Tubi on it... Darth's 550 and Bruce's 550 sound unbelievable with Tubis... Two different Enzos have been fitted with Tubis and they sound awesome... Do a search for the clip links in the Supercars forum and check 'em out...

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Cherry Bomb and Supertrapp both give intoxicating sounds to a Ferrari engine note.

4. FIAutoSports

FIAutoSports Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2004
    Baltimore, MD, US
    Full Name:
    John Ritenour
    my personal favorite is the F355 with the Kreissieg.

5. Driversource

Driversource Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Have heard 355's, 575's, 360's, and Stradale's with the Capristo, and all I can say is WOW! I've driven a couple of 360's and 575's with Tubi's, but the Capristo is deeper and less rattly on both. I didn't get to drive the 355, but I could hear it (from a half a block away) and it sounded amazing. They offer different stages (for the 360 at least) 1 being the quietest and 3 being the loudest. The stage 3 is the one to go for. I drove a 360 Spider F1 with the stage 3 on it with the top down and was about ready to trade in my wife.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ANSA was OEM on many classic Ferraris.............for good reason!

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The Capristo Bullfrog for the Murcielago is pretty cool sounding.

8. cgperry

cgperry Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Chas SC
    Full Name:
    Charles Perry
    The best exhaust I've heard on an exotic is the Larini with bypass pipes on my Diablo. It scares animals and children and vibrates both my house and the neighbors - not just loud but FUN. The ANSA with bypass pipes on my TR is a close second - a deep note with just a little of that F1 scream at the top end.

I am singularly unimpressed with the Tubi on my 355 - a lot louder at idle and just like stock from there up. Not sure if the bypass pipes would make a difference since mine's an OBD-II car and I don't want the check engine issue. Eventually will switch to hyperflow cats, but not until the OEMs fail.

Some videos with audio at http://www.quateams.com/ferrari/CG1204/

9. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    What about the fuchs exhaust and the mille miglia exhaust?

10. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    #10 venusone, Jan 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'd have to say: whatever is on this Penske Sunoco Camaro. Year after year this car rumbles in my chest, stops my heart & gives me chills at vintage races. Sorry, the only Ferrari I've heard that comes close is a friends modded 275 GTB/CS running off the tach down the strait at Roebling (FC bystanders dropped to their knees). No brand names to share but had to add a comment.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Lexdiamonnyc

Lexdiamonnyc Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Lex
  12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I've always stuck with the TUBI. I just feel it's the closest thing to how a Ferrari is suppose to sound?? My opinion I guess.

13. Thatsmytoy

Thatsmytoy Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #13 Thatsmytoy, Jan 7, 2005
  14. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H

What's your problem with Tubi? You 've posted a couple of times knocking Tubi and promoting Stainless Steel Systems. .... BTW, isn't "your" TR actually your father's ?

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134633495#post134633495

15. Ferrari Mackintosh

Sep 21, 2004
    N/A
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Enthiusiast
    TONYH
    That's correct the 512TR is my fathers', I'm no where near near as rich as the rest of you guys however I still get to drive the car whenever I get the chance. Regarding Tubi I don't have a problem with it, as most people in the world have their preferences so do I. For example VENUSONE prefers the sound of the Camaro to any Ferrari, THATSMYTOY prefers Cargraphic exhausts for the 550, FIAUTOSPORTS prefers Kriessieg for the 355 and I prefer Stainless Exhaust or Kriessieg to Tubi as they sound better to MY ears. Notice that I mentioned "MY EARS" in both my posts, this doesn't mean it sounds like that to yours or everyone elses ears, just mine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion in this world and freedom of speech. If I was trying to force my views down everyone's throat and be presuming I would have said in that first post "NEARLY EVERY OTHER EXHAUST BRAND SOUNDS HOLLOW AND RATTLY" but instead I stated "EVERY OTHER EXHAUST BRAND SOUNDS HOLLOW AND RATTLY TO MY EARS". I was also wondering, do u have links with TUBI?

16. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #16 tonyh, Jan 7, 2005
    No, other than owning a Ferrari with one on it.I have no prob with anyone having their own views on things at all, in fact i positively encourage it.

17. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I think it was that F50 with MS exhaust.

18. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Aston Martin Vanquish stock exhaust. Breathtaking!

I prefer tubis on F-cars though.

19. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Anyone have any experience with Larini systems. They have a "sport" exhaust available for my 88.5 Testarossa. Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to sample other TR with other exhausts. I would be very interested in knowing other TR owners impressions. Bruce and NNO, I know you are a big fan of the Tubi for this vehicle.

20. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    I too am checking-out the Larini. The company got back to me and quoted a mere $1,685 for their systems. They have a sport & a challenge system. No reps here in the states. I'm currently looking for anyone with feedback on these systems. Word has it they are poorly organized at their factory, the systems are not complete, the metal is thin, quality questionable and they sound "tinny"....course, this is partially from an f-chatter and another competing manufacturer....which leads me to my next point:

This whole pursuit of figuring out which exhaust system is best is nuts: each manufacturer talks their stuff like it's the best AND they knock the competition...which is natural. Even here on F-chat we hear all sorts of conflicting reports:

"Tubi is awesome, best sound of all" VS. "I was thoroughly unimpressed with my tubi" & "it's way over-priced and doesn't sound aggressive"

"Capristo sounds amazing" VS. "Capristo is just plain loud and has an annoying sound"

This system is thin metal, that system is too heavy, this system sounds good only at idle, that system is boggy at low rpm, etc, etc, etc.

The obvious thing is to actually listen to them, but to generate a solid comparison you'd actually have to have all the varieties lined-up next to eachother and then compare one at a time. Then there's personal preference, each of us would have a different opinion. And all this isn't factoring-in that one company may have a great sound for the 360, but their 355 system sucks.

Oh yeah, for what it's worth I'm looking at the QuickSilver, they too have 2 systems, sport & challenge. The sport system about $2,000 and is said to be a bit louder then the tubi but supposed to sound much better then a Capristo at/near the top-end. No really...the salesman told me so!!!!!

21. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
  22. Ferrari Mackintosh

Sep 21, 2004
    N/A
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Enthiusiast
    Larini is OK but the only problem is that it doesn't give out a Ferrari sound. If I were to describe it, it is a loud, dry, air chaffing the end of the tailpipes sound. And it has this same sound characteristic on every car it is attached to.

23. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I heard a Larini on a 360 and didn't like it either. The Ansa sports sounds much better as does the bargain priced Cherry Bombs and/or SuperTrapps. And, like with Tubis, they are way too expensive...!... a fool and his money and all that...

24. Ferrari Mackintosh

Sep 21, 2004
    N/A
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Enthiusiast
    I heard an Ansa on a 360 before and I thought it was too quiet. About half the loudness of a 360 Tubi. So I assume all Ansa's are just as quiet.

25. Little Joe

Little Joe Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2004
    Mahwah, NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe S.
    Has anyone compiled a list of sounds for comparison. Obviously, if you're using recordings from different people, cameras and mics, there will be a lot of variables. But, it will probably give you a general idea of what to expect.

I know many of you may not be fans of mustangs, but their owners are usually fanatics about exhaust notes and they have an entire site dedicated to just that:
    www.mustangexhaust.com

Someone should compile something like that for Ferrari owners.