Bay Area Poker Nights! | FerrariChat

Bay Area Poker Nights!

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bobafett, Jan 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Ok guys, I'm thinking it's time to start playing poker!

We have two options, one, we can rotate around people's houses (I have a full set of 11.5g chips, decks, dice, etc), or we can grace Noel's fine establishment in Colma (sort of central?).

Thoughts? I figure you sissy nansy-pansies aren't going to go for the weekdays, so we could make this a Sunday-evening event? Or every 2nd Saturday night, etc.?

--Dan

PS: Rich - learn to play.

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Oh, and no one playing may use their real name.

We've got Big Cannons Ben, Straight-Face Norm, Young Yellow Art, Miracle Man Matt, Twitch the Snitch Rich, Nary a Wary Gary, Vince Raymer, Lucky Luke Luciano, Sneaky-Eyed Pete, Too Tall Tony, Faisal the Fink,... and me.

--Dan

3. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    ******bag Dan.

No reason to learn to play. I will be to drunk too play after the first hand.

4. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    How about a weeknight? I am in but Sunday or Saturday night is a bit tough!

5. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    A friend (ironically named "Chip") stages these at his San Carlos place....I showed up knowing how to play only one variety of poker, and the host picked 5 others in rapid and confusing succession. Perhaps due to my naivitee, or my disarming Slavic good looks I cleaned them out that evening. They said it was beginner's luck. But...it paid for the first service on the Boxster (could not find the blasted engine myself, so I farmed it out).

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Matt: I was thikning weeknights as well, but most here aren't gonna go for it. I figured I could sacrifice one weekend night for you kids.

Luke: I had a similar experience. Friend of mine who was getting into it a while back was very much into Texas Hold 'em, and had been playing with some very serious friends of his. So, I being the sucker one night, was invited to play. These guys were serious - so much so that alcohol consumption was less than a glass per person the whole time, and they even discouraged extraneous jabber. Being my degenerate self (and without your Slavic good looks!), I was clearly at odds.

Ended up winning it all, beating out my friend who came second. Oddly enough, I wasn't asked back to their game. :D Didn't pay for a boxster service, but then that wasn't a problem since I don't have a boxster. ;)

--Dan

7. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I'm in, do we get to wear those stupid hats? ;)

(lol at the names! You will be known simply as 'Rock Star'. )

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Rich pinned me as ******bag Dan - Rock Star goes to Noel by default, after all, you're big Cannon(s) Ben! :D

--DD

9. Coujer

Coujer Karting

Jul 19, 2004
    Carmel, CA
    Full Name:
    Laurent C. Richard
    Sounds like a great idea.

10. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Too funny with those 2 names, Dan-O.

But poker??

Hell, I hardly know her.

11. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    lol Guys,

I dont know how to play Poker. Argh! i cant believe i said that!

Poker is so hot lately that there is about 45 mins wait for a seat at any given night. And on weekends, forget about it.

Who need hats? i can get hats! - haha

12. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon

BAWAHAHAH!!! That's too funny Noel! (only especially funny if you've been to Noel's work :) BAWAHHHHHH!!!! We love ya buddy.

13. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent

That's the VIncinator to you, bud!

14. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I gotta admit Noel, the irony is just too much! :D

--Dan

15. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Meaning you get burned? :D

--Dan

16. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    as in vINCINERATOR?

I have always found poker rules confusing. How about Ferrari Bingo nights, instead?!!! Haul the GMAs and the GPAs out of thier rockers / homes to teach us?

17. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Now there's the ticket! That way we can get the Alfa boys involved too? Plus a few from the Candy Store, etc? :D

Speaking of the Candy Store - turns out that Sid Colberg is a very close family friend of a good friend of mine. I missed out on a personal tour (d'ot! slept in!), but he has some wonderful stories to tell. I love how he dismisses anything newer than 69 as irrelevant. :D Would be great if we can get them involved with the HT Memorial Run.

--Dan