Canada's First 612 with my 456 | FerrariChat

Canada's First 612 with my 456

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bobmarley, Jan 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Karting

Sep 1, 2004
    #1 bobmarley, Jan 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Looks great. Go for it.

3. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I think your 456 is stunning. Alot nicer and more "brutt" than that 612 Scag. Anymore pics of FoV?

Tell Len the GM there that I said hello, hope he treats you good. :)

Vasco.R

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Keep your 456......it's a much nicer car......BTW is that the one that used to be in Calgary ?

What was the MSRP on that 612 ?

5. bobmarley

bobmarley Karting

Sep 1, 2004
    My 456 hasn't been to Calgary, and the MSRP of the 612 is 412k. I have a 2 or 3 other 612 pics if you're interested.

6. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Is that really Canada's first though? I could be wrong but didnt we (Toronto) get a 612 already?

I hate that car, but still bought a model of it yesterday LOL. The 275 GTB that I bought along with the 612 makes up for it. :p

Vasco.R

7. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    holy crap that is such a nice car. Maybe ill own one some day.

8. bobmarley

bobmarley Karting

Sep 1, 2004
    I'm just repeating what the salesman said. I cold be mistaken of course.

9. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    very nice....Its really growing on me

todd

10. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    nice! i wonder when it will find its owner!

both of them have a happy face.

not exactly sure if it is worth that $300k trade in though. your 456 looks great!

11. bobmarley

bobmarley Karting

Sep 1, 2004
    Thank you

12. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The 612 has received great reviews, but there is no 2 plus 2 prettier than your 456. If a new V 12 is what you desire, I would be waiting for the 575 replacement.

13. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

bobmarley.....

Thanks.....just curious as 456's are extremely rare to begin with in Ferrari starved Canada.....and my seeing two silver ones here.....that's a first !! A guy I know sold his car a year or so ago and a wholesaler here in Calgary ended up with it....it was just like yours....thought it was the same car.

$412K + tax........hmmmm........the SL65 at the local dealer is $270K + tax..........that's quite a premium for marginal back seats, an awkward exterior appearance, a shorter warranty and a hood badge.

14. Nicke

Nicke Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2005
    Hellsinki
    Full Name:
    Nicke Forsell
    #14 Nicke, Jan 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Really odd if Canda got their first 612 just now ? Even tiny odd country Finland had its first 612 late this summer (I was suprised to see this though ) On the basis how good it looked in flesh I would recommend for you to go for it !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

bobmarley.....

I forgot to mention that I have not yet seen a 612 in the flesh yet........

16. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    There was a Qporte and a blue 612 at the showroom in Yorkville last year

17. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

But do you have any beaver's there?

Thought so.

:p

18. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    LMAO!! Good call Vasco.

BobMarley,

Keep the 456. Unbelievably gorgeous car. Great sound to it too. This past summer, while working at a jobsite north of the city, a blue 456 turned onto a nearby road. As it flashed by, the sound of that V12 hit me, and it was unreal. I could hear it accelerating through the countryside for a good minute or so after that. Absolutely heavenly.

IMHO, the 456 is for me , the most desirable Ferrari after the 360 CS.

19. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I wouldn't trade any car for a 612. Hideous car.

20. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I went to Ferrari of Vancouver today to buy some merchandise and had a look at the 612. My first impression was that although people mentionned that it was a big car, I thought that it wasn't as big as my expectations wanted it to be. Yes, the hood is long but it slopes down so much that its size doesn't appear as long. The rear quarter panels are huge, they are definitly the most oversized piece of aluminium on the car but aren't Italians attracted to fat rear-ends? for cars and womens?

With time comes refinement and the interior is where it shows the most. The materials were superior to what has been offered in the past and thats particularly visible when looking at the dials and the switches. The back seats looked as comfortable as the front ones and rear legroom looks like it would be marginally acceptable for someone like me who's 5'11". (i'd make big sacrifices to ride in a 612)

Overall, without having driven it, I could say that I would see myself owning a 612 but it wouldn't be my sports car. It would be my fast daily driver and theatre outings type of car, meaning I would drive it everyday, rain or shine to work, business meetings and such. I don't think that it will raise a big fuss wherever it goes like a 360 does and that's a big plus for people who want to own a Ferrari but go unnoticed. With that being said, I would still need my Mini or a CS (I haven't driven one yet) for the track days and days when you want to have "that" much more fun.

Finally, you have to see this car to appreciate it and in a light color preferably because a dark color like black would hide its beautiful lines. I'm definitly a 612 lover now and I can see this car being driven everyday more than any other Ferrari. (the PDI was done in the rain today) I like it and congratulations to Ferrari for another rolling piece of art.

P.S. One subtle but nice touch were the door handles, they are now angular instead of round, very nice touch!

21. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin

Woah, thats pretty much my take on this. I love the 456 they look awsome. Though when I search through ebay all I find is automatics and if I were to buy a ferrari I dont want an Automatic.

360 cs

I love those two cars

22. F430xxx

F430xxx Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2004
    the word on the 612 is that when you see one it means that the guy has too much money and needed a practical daily car, LOL hahahha

23. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    I was in town with my Dad today and we stopped by FofV to take a look around. The gent working in the showroom (didn't catch his name) was a class act and went out of way to show us around. Saw the 612 for the first time and dispised it from the first time I saw it in pictures, but very much so appreciated it for what it is...... still can't believe it is a Ferrari but it was a great looking car. It wasn't the first in Canada as it turns out, but the first in Western Canada for sure. Great Challenge Stradale and 550 in the lot. Everytime we've visited Ferrari of Vancouver we've been treated like gold. Thank you!

Ryan
    Calgary, AB

24. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002

I must concur with your statement, on my visit in december, Kirk was very courteous and didn't make me feel like I didn't belong there. He was very nice and polite and from my experience with him, I passed the word along about Kirk to my father and it makes it easier right from the get go to step in the dealership for an eventual purchase.

P.S. Anybody know what's happening with the move to a downtown location (namely the current liberty furniture store at Seymour and Helmcken?)

25. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    ditto the comments with Kirk - although I'm hoping he forgets my wife's interest in the blue Maserati spider he's got coming in. Very easy to talk to, and always had time to show us around.