400th Enzo | FerrariChat

400th Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ferraripanoz, Jan 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ferrari is building a 400th Enzo for Caritas, to be auctioned off for proceeds going to the tsunami victims. You can see the full story at http://www.italiaspeed.com/. Does anybody know what color it is going to be?

2. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    I don't know what color it will be but i hope they leave the car in Carbon fiber and just clear coat it. :)

3. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Solid idea. This is perhaps the one time where we can all hope a car sells for much more than it is worth! :)

4. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Well, this is going a bit overboard isn´t? They should´ve left it at 399.

5. reggie

reggie Guest

You do realise the money made from the car is going to Tsunami victims ?

Overboard - what an opinion to have seeing as though this will make a huge difference to people's lives !

6. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    It is for a very good course and Ferrari has done a great job having come up with this brilliant idea to help the unfortunate victims.
    It will be the most famous Enzo ever as the number would be 400/399 which is very unusual.

7. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    This is great!!

I'm sure the color will be rosso corsa or rosso scuderia.

8. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
    Have you forgotten about the 25+ Maserati MC12s that were/are being built? They are, in effect, Enzos too.

Greg A

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I think it's a great idea - there's market demand for Enzos, car building is their specialty, someone will be happy with a new car (with enhanced value as the 400/399 car as mentioned) and a couple hundred or thousand people will benefit from another $million or so.

10. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Fantastic Idea - I applaude Ferrari on this one.

11. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    And I also realized that over 4 billion dollars has been raised worldwide. Where would you draw the line? I´m sure Ferrari could sell 10 extra Enzo´s and donate the generated income to the Tsunami-victims. Or even 50.

There is a reason why Ferrari issued 399 Enzo´s. Then again, Ferrari doesn´t really care about productionnumbers. People who thought the F40 was on a limited productionnumber have learned that the hard way when Ferrari found out they could easily sell more. So they produced more.

12. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    maybe the MC-12 is similar to an Enzo, but its not an Enzo, right? Specially building ONE enzo to help the tsunami victims is a great idea, and I'm sure would be more desirable to most than an MC-12.

$4billion is a lot, but look what happened over there. $4billion may not be enough--

13. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I´m not saying it is enough. How would I even know? I think it´s terrific that Ferrari wants to help out, but surely there are other ways other than to violate the Enzo productionnumber. But thats just me I guess...

14. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    Honestly, who cares if they go over their production number by 1. It's not like their building it to cater to some rich sob, it's for a great cause and it shows the company has a heart.

I applaud their effort. Sure their are other ways they could accomplish the same thing, but this will be remembered.

15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Kudos for Ferrari for this one. Great gesture on their part.

16. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies

I agree 100%

It is just you. ;) One extra car is not going to tarnish the value of the Enzo or it's exclusivity. This is a great idea for a very worthy cause and I salute Ferrari for doing it.

Look at it this way, with at least one of the original 399 burnt to the ground, this new car will just be restoring things back to the way they should be.

17. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Ferrari was making a big thing out of producing only 399 Enzo's, not me. Is Ferrari organizing a call back? Since all those emblems of 399 Enzo's have to be replaced.

18. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    They are, in effect, mingin Enzos more like

19. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies

I like the idea mentioned above: 400/399, it is a special car. Keep in mind it was originally supposed to be 349.

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They made another one, to replace the totalled Houston car as well...plus all those made for show use and crash testing...

I has a Factory man at a car show admit I was looking at Enzo #402, in other words a Factory Car, when I asked him whose it was!

This one will be PUBLICLY SOLD car 400/399. I also don't see the harm.

21. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    The fact of the matter is that Ferrari did make a big deal about putting a limited productionnumber of 399 Enzo's out there on the market. It mattered enough to give every Enzo a tacky emblem, stating there would be just 399 on the market. Why the emblem if you are not going to stick with it?

I didn't make the fuss about it being 399. But then there's a marketing opportunity (face it, Fiat could easily write a big check for Asia, but who would know?) and Ferrari doesn't hasitate to break away from the 399-number and produces the 400th Enzo.

Of course, it is no big deal in itself. Like I said, Ferrari could built 10 extra Enzo's and raise even more money for Asia. Why not? Because in a commercial publicity view, just 1 extra Enzo is as effective as 10 Enzo's, so just leave it at 1.

If Ferrari was honestly looking out for our Asian friends, they would've wrote the check and leave it at that, but no, the commercial side has to be exploited to the fullest, even if that means breaking up a limited productionnumber.

So, the next time Ferrari sets a maximum productionnumber, don't pay too much attention to it. Ferrari doesn't really care, so why they even bothered to make a big deal out of 399 Enzo's is beyond me.

I just have a problem with companies going out of their way to make sure that their donations are primarly in their own commercial interest. I would love to see Ferrari donating out of their own interest, but that's not what they are doing right now.

22. lateralus838

lateralus838 Rookie

Oct 30, 2004
    Cupertino, CA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan W.
    I understand your view, but Ferrari is also making the point that this disaster is greater than any tradition or car will ever be. By sticking to the 399 number so adamantly and breaking it in this situation, this gesture in itself by Ferrari shows how great they feel this disaster is. This tragedy transcends production numbers, cars, and anything considered even remotely luxurious. I applaud this move.

23. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    GTE-

It's funny to me that, considering how obsessed you are with the details, you can't put the pieces together.

24. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix

Why the symbolism? Why not just write out a check and be done with it?

Could it be that the symbolism fulfills a publicity-goal? And if so, doesn't that mean that Ferrari (and every other company that acts in the same way) are actually using the tragedy to their own benefit?

Just an observation.

25. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Please explain.